Home
Posted By: Killzone CCI "Swamp People" .22 WMR - 01/12/14
Is the ammo in the 250 round bulk pack by CCI the same .22 WMR Maxi-Mag shell as those in the regular Maxi-Mag 50 round pack? They both say 40 Gr JHP. Has anybody shot them side by side?
The best I can tell, they are the same.

They sure shoot great in my Ruger American .22 mag.
Good question
I know in most bulk packs ammo is kinda crappy,with duds,all cci's have preformed top notch,and i have shot a lot of it.
Posted By: RWE Re: CCI "Swamp People" .22 WMR - 01/14/14
Friend brought some over to use to sight in his pistol.

I tried a few and they shot the same as the 50 pack in my Savage.

Just repackaged and marked up because you have a Cajun on the box.

choot em....
Posted By: ingwe Re: CCI "Swamp People" .22 WMR - 01/14/14
Soooooo, where can you get them?

I badly need me some WMR
Hell, bro, that was a while ago.

Hope the OP has a source.

If not, what are you shooting, I'll check my "nightstand of many things"
My fave is basic Winchester Hollow Points. Haven't seen any .22WMR in two years�.
I'll check when I reach the crib.

I know I have some of the Win Personal Defense (PDX1), which they marketed for pistols, but they seem to kill schit out of my rifle out to a respectable distance.

Best I can tell, it was a rebranding issue as well; the trajectory doesn't seem to differ much from regular, even though the selling point was their velocity from a pistol length barrel.

I head shot a gopher last summer at well over 100.

He didn't note any issues
Wow! I almost hate to tell you guys how much we have up here. All our hunting type shops are stacked. The local Cabelas has dozens and dozens of the CCI bulk packs I was asking about. The Wholesale Sports has several bricks of the Win 40 gr HP too. Both have a nice assortment of other loadings aswell. Sorry guys, feast or famine I guess although we don't seem to have the fanatical hoarding that goes on in your neck of the woods.

Maybe I'd better grab a few just to be safe.....
You don't have the fanatical pseudo 'leadership' we have here either�.
From my understanding a lot of the stuff up here in Canada came across "pre panic". Talking with one of the guys at my LGS indicated that we may start to feel a bit of a pinch up here.

Warren
Posted By: z1r Re: CCI "Swamp People" .22 WMR - 01/17/14
Originally Posted by RWE
I'll check when I reach the crib.

I know I have some of the Win Personal Defense (PDX1), which they marketed for pistols, but they seem to kill schit out of my rifle out to a respectable distance.

Best I can tell, it was a rebranding issue as well; the trajectory doesn't seem to differ much from regular, even though the selling point was their velocity from a pistol length barrel.

I head shot a gopher last summer at well over 100.

He didn't note any issues

This is the only 22 WMR I have seen in almost two years myself. But at $20 a box, it is less expensive to shoot my .22 Hornet.
Cabelas has some CCI but its a 1 box limit.

Bookmark this site and check it often:

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22wmr/

© 24hourcampfire