Home
Posted By: Jamie Cabelas today - 04/22/14
I was in cabelas this morning to look for a 200*-1000* thermometer for casting.
I was supprized to see the rimfire shelves.
[Linked Image]
Top right, blaser bricks, top left 22wm, lower left, blaser 50 round box's, under tat some cci mini mags and standard velocity, bottom right are Winchester bicks
Posted By: eh76 Re: Cabelas today - 04/22/14
Encouraging!
Posted By: Jamie Re: Cabelas today - 04/22/14
That was a couple of hours after opening today and there was still that much
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Cabelas today - 04/22/14
No 22 at all at the Edmonton Cabelas on the weekend.
Posted By: Jamie Re: Cabelas today - 04/22/14
The Lacey Cabelas has been putting 22 on the shelf about every other day.
If this keeps up long the local scalpers won't be getting $50. A brick at next months gun show
Posted By: Outbackandy Re: Cabelas today - 04/22/14
Great...thanks james
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Cabelas today - 04/23/14
ahhhhhh blazer ... how i miss it. great sh**-kickin ammo for a .22 wheelgun.
Posted By: Jamie Re: Cabelas today - 04/23/14
The last couple of months I've been seeing blaser on cabelas shelf and once in awhile in stock on line. Before that though it had been well over a year sense I had seen blazers.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Cabelas today - 04/23/14
Sure would like to see a shelf like that down here!
Posted By: blairvt Re: Cabelas today - 04/23/14
Prices?
Posted By: LSU fan Re: Cabelas today - 04/23/14
My cabelas and cabelas online has been selling the Blazer bricks for $27.99. 50 round boxes were $3/ea I think.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Cabelas today - 04/24/14
Originally Posted by LSU fan
My cabelas and cabelas online has been selling the Blazer bricks for $27.99. 50 round boxes were $3/ea I think.

That's what I paid in East Hartford last week. Talked to a buddy who works there and it seems that rim-fire ammo has been showing up more frequently. My local gun shop seems to have more on the shelf as well. No bricks for sale, he limits it by the box.
Posted By: Calif. Hunter Re: Cabelas today - 04/24/14
I haven't seen any .22 LR online at Cabelas - it must be bad timing on my part.
Posted By: gun_fever Re: Cabelas today - 04/24/14
Seems like Cabelas must allocate 90% of their 22lr to their local retail stores, and the rest they portion out online. They used to be a nearly 100% mail order business, but I guess their priorities have changed.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Cabelas today - 04/24/14
Talked to a major online seller and they said they have seen more 22lr in the last month than the prior 6 months things look to be getting a little better!
After reading this thread, I checked out Bass Pro on line and they flat out state on all their rimfire ammo that it can only be purchased in their stores.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Cabelas today - 04/24/14
I was in the Hamburg, PA Cabelas last night and must confess that I didn't even look at the rimfire shelf. I did pick up some primers and ML stuff. The guy behind the counter did say that they were no limits on anything except RF ammo- 2 boxes or a brick.

The biggest shock was the lack of powder. There were cans of a few varieties on display as if they were on sale, but actually, it was all they had. I don't think there was a single can of pistol powder. Plenty of primers though.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Cabelas today - 04/24/14
Two weeks ago, I was at our local Cabelas in Post Falls. I bought a brick of Federal .22's for $24.00. I don't know how many they had but they were all gone before I left the store that day. They went quick, but it does look like things are loosening up a little.
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Cabelas today - 04/24/14
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Talked to a major online seller and they said they have seen more 22lr in the last month than the prior 6 months things look to be getting a little better!

At some point, a bunch of people are gonna have a "DERP" moment when they realize that .22's are just that ... .22's. it aint pixie dust.

there's gonna be a lot of estate inventories with 50,000 ... 500,000 ... rounds of .22's that are 10-20 yrs old. "why did he stockpile all of this .22 ammo, he never shot any of it."
We had an older member of our hunting club pass away recently, and he had a whole garage full of ammo. His sister sold it all for $12K and it was worth at least $40K, despite offers from members of our club to take it to a gun show and sell it for them as a service to him. Same deal - he bought it and stockpiled it but never shot any of it as he could no longer drive or make it down the stairs to our underground range. He had at least 100 bricks of .22 ammo.
Posted By: Gus Re: Cabelas today - 04/24/14
there's been something very strange or un-determined going on with the mfg, distribution, and sales of .22 ammo.

i can't explain it, but doubtful it's been kosher.

oh well, life goes on.
Posted By: HE112 Re: Cabelas today - 04/25/14
.22 rimfire really have a price perception in this shortage. In sales we are taught to break the cost of an item down into smaller amounts to make it seem cheaper, daily cost versus monthly cost.

With .45 ACP you are looking at $25.00-$30.00 for a box of fifty, painful for some people. With .22's alot less, so the buyers were looking at the lower cost and just kept buying even though in the long run it would/could exceed the investment of the .45 after you get multiple bricks/cases. Air gun pellets never had this problem because it takes work to load, and pump up an air gun, not as convenient as 22's.
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Cabelas today - 04/25/14
thats a good point ... my .22 ammo lasts a LOT longer when I'm shooting it out of a bolt gun or a thumb-buster single six instead of an auto. I think the people shooting .22's out of non-autos are in the minority, though.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Cabelas today - 04/25/14
You gotta have skillz to run a plate rack with a bolt gun at a good pace. But, I am learning, but only as a gimmick.

Anyway, I have noticed that the mail order houses seem to be having more in stock, and sitting longer before running out, than in the past few months.
Posted By: Mauser12 Re: Cabelas today - 04/30/14
So, I go into the Lacey Cabela's early this morning and they have a few boxes of several brands of 22LR and some 22 shorts. The limit was one box, so of course I picked up the 500 round Winchester instead of the 50 round CCI. What I had never seen before was the push and shove mentality of shoppers to get to the ammo. One 'gentleman' grabbed three 500 round boxes and was walking around the store asking others to purchase one of the boxes for him. I guess one might chalk it up to the months of shortages accompanied by the rumors surrounding ammunition but it still made me rethink how I viewed the average shooter. Maybe I am making too much of it but it reminded me of the Christmas Wal-Mart store buster stories on the news. Anyway, I am off to the range later this week with the rimfires; something I haven't been able to do recently.
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: Cabelas today - 04/30/14
yep, gotta buy em up by the thousands now to store up in your tornado shelter.
Posted By: centershot Re: Cabelas today - 04/30/14
Damn that is great news, hopefully that is a sign that things are letting up and .22 will start showing up on the shelves everywhere.
Posted By: lastofthebreed Re: Cabelas today - 05/01/14
I was in the local Cabela's tonight. Just wandered by the rimfire ammo shelf, lo and behold, an employee was stocking the shelf with 500 round bricks of Blazer. $27.99, got me one and my buddy got a brick. The first we have seen in a while.
Posted By: 603Country Re: Cabelas today - 05/02/14
There was plenty of 22 ammo at the Cabela's in Waco yesterday. I bought a brick of 525 and there were quite a few left. And mucho 22 in the small boxes. And they had full shelves of bullets (except the two that I wanted) and plenty of powder and primers. I got some 4064. Plenty of H335 and others. Didn't see any Varget. I don't use much Varget, but seems like everyone else does.
Posted By: byc Re: Cabelas today - 05/04/14
We just got the first Cabela's in all of the Southeast. No rimfire at the grand opening. Least not by the time I got there.
Posted By: Jamie Re: Cabelas today - 05/04/14
I haven't been back to cabelas looking for ammo sense the day I took that picture. If I keep stockpiling it, I'd be another horder. With the exception of cci mini mags I've got enough ratholed to last a couple of years and enough mini mags to last 8 or 10 months.
© 24hourcampfire