Home
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Norma Tac - 07/23/14
Bullets..com just put it on sale for 4.95. I have not tried it yet. I have plenty of rimfire except CCI std vel. Would like to find some. Hasbeen
Posted By: TWR Re: Norma Tac - 07/23/14
Champion shooters sent an email yesterday that this was good ammo, they shot 400-37x at 50 yards (whatever that means). They are $58. A brick though.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Norma Tac - 07/23/14
The price some people are paying for bulk this sounds good. I probally should buy some to try it, but I just don't need it. Got to be careful someone might accuse me of hoarding. Hasbeen
Posted By: robertham1 Re: Norma Tac - 07/23/14
[Linked Image]

Local gun store got a bunch in a while back. At first they only sold to people who were using their range. Now they're selling to the public. While at the range a while back a guy was shooting it via a CZ 455 varmint with pretty good results. He did mention that it was pretty dirty stuff.
The reports I've read said it is real oily. Similar to Wolf. Hasbeen
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Norma Tac - 07/23/14
Just tried to order a few bricks and was informed bullets.com does not ship ammo to California at all. A decision made by the company owner who I was Informed is also the president of national long range shooting association something or other...

Never will understand advocates of the shooting sports making decisions like this.
United we stand, divided we fall type of deal to me...
Posted By: TWR Re: Norma Tac - 07/23/14
I never found it on bullets.com but I forgot Champion said it was made by RWS.
All right I could not stand it. I called and ordered some. Hasbeen
Posted By: 222Sako Re: Norma Tac - 07/23/14
I shot 100+ thru my S&W 1522 last week end. I wouldn't call it dirty,but it is oily to the point that you need to wipe your fingers off after loading the magazines. My 1522 was cleaner than after shooting any cheap Federal stuff, for sure.
Posted By: 4th_point Re: Norma Tac - 07/24/14
Sounds like TAC = pre-lubed.

Some people lightly oil their finger tips and roll the brass between their fingers prior to loading a mag.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Norma Tac - 07/24/14
good accurate ammo

fire a fouler before trying to group

has issues bucking the wind though

cci small game bullet is better in my rifle

norma tac and cci sgb shoot real well out of it

rifle dont like copper coated at all
© 24hourcampfire