Home
So I have a neighbor who got her dad's old .22. It's a 'Ranger M36A' which I believe is a Marlin 100 that Sears sold under the Ranger name. It's a single shot rifle and the bolt has to be manually cocked. My neighbor was complaining that, "once you cock the .22, you have to shoot it. There's no way to un-cock it. Even when you cock and don't depress the trigger, just lift the bolt handle and the gun fires." My quick remedy is to just grab the cocking part of the bolt, pull it back and turn it counter clockwise. The will let you ease the firing pin down. Does anyone know where I can find an owners manual or any kind of documentation that confirms this is the way to do it? I've Googled the heck out of this, but I'm having no luck so far. Thanks!
I can't help on a manual, but I don't think it should drop the firing pin when you lift the bolt. I have one that was sold by Wards that sounds like thd same rifle. It belonged to my Grandfather. It does not drop the firing pin when you lift the bolt.

Ernie
Yeah...there's something going on in there. Thanks!
© 24hourcampfire