Home
I stopped at Gander Mountain to pick up a hunting license. They were not open for another 10 min but a crowd was already out front; old fat retired guys and fat firefighters. As soon as the doors opened they huffed and trundled to the gun counter where they made a run on the rimfire ammo. I nearly went into a black out rage. This is why I have to shoot 9mm,45ACP, and centerfire rifle for all my practice. That is not all bad since it is what I hunt and compete with but some time with a rimfire is good too but I can't get rimfire ammo bc of these dudes.
Posted By: humdinger Re: nearly had a freak out - 09/19/14
On a side note.. I was watching "doomsday Preppers" on netflix last night for the first time and realized the 22 ammo issue will linger on a long time. Eventually the gun show scalpers and people will calm down and price & retail availability will return, but the preppers will drive hoarding for a long time still.

I heard thursday is socking day at GM so they get a crowd.
Yeah, I found out Thursday is stocking day there too while I told the dude at the counter how angry this made me. Meanwhile the hoarders stood by, mouth agape, while I bitched about how unacceptable this is. All the while they were frantically pointing and asking for ammo while they looked at me from the corner of their eyes.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: nearly had a freak out - 09/20/14
same story around here
one looks like cotton hill
one looks like skeletor
most of em wearing tacticool multi pocket pants

all hanging out at academy tue,thurs and sunday
waiting like herion addicts at the methadone clinic..........

i go in and look for certain types of ammo
cci small game bullet,cci select lead round nose or aguliar rifle match
if they aint got it
they will some other time

but the faces of these guys when bulk packs aint their is like a little kid who finds out their aint no santa claus

they are after the bulk packs only to resell at crazy prices
and fools buy from them

im only after good accurate and reliable ammo to shoot

aint worried about zombies or race wars or a comet or whatever else the preppers think might happen

it is what it is
Posted By: Certifiable Re: nearly had a freak out - 09/20/14
Yep.. Can't keep blaming O for this one. It's us keepin this monster goin..
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: nearly had a freak out - 09/23/14
You can render the hoarders irrelevant by casting and reloading. Is cheaper than a fair bit of .22rf ammo these days. Also beats bitchin' by a mile or so.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: nearly had a freak out - 09/23/14
I've found that Cabelas and Bass Pro have started putting out ammo on weekend afternoons - so people with jobs can actually buy some smirk
Posted By: RWL99 Re: nearly had a freak out - 09/23/14
You're gonna get old someday too...if you're lucky. In the mean time I've got all the ammo.. laugh

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Paul39 Re: nearly had a freak out - 09/23/14
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
You can render the hoarders irrelevant by casting and reloading. Is cheaper than a fair bit of .22rf ammo these days. Also beats bitchin' by a mile or so.

Sorry, Dan, but that's a pretty narrow point of view. If you just want to shoot, of course there are alternatives. For shooters like me, whose interests run to smallbore competition of various kinds, and have a considerable investment in .22 rimfire firearms, you need .22 ammo and probably some specific kinds.

I made the Monday morning lineup at Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday, and missed by one place in line the CCI Mini-Mag one of my guns prefers. Oh well, we all do what we have to do.

Paul
© 24hourcampfire