Home
Posted By: Ackleyfan Cooper M57 Jackson Hunter! - 10/01/14
My new toy....[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Dang nice? 22 LR?
Yes, just waiting on some Eley ammo that should be here this week, you nailed it on the scope, thanks again!
Yea, that rifle deserves some really good ammo. The rifle and scope combo looks about perfect to me. Just the right ring height too.

My advice is that after initial cleaning, don't clean it again until accuracy falls off. I was told in the 80's by a world champion smallbore shooter that the fastest way to ruin a barrel was by cleaning it.

Remember that anytime you change ammo brand, it will take about 20-40 rounds for the barrel to get use to the new bullet lube and shoot it's best groups with that brand.

Really outstanding set up! Congratulations!

PS
Did you go with the fine duplex?
Yes
One on those is high only want list , only the red / black stock - maybe green/black. Hope to see your real world shooting groups soon
Ackleyfan: Now that is a cool looking Rifle!
Good for you.
I hope it shoots as good as it looks.
I can't wait to hear how it shoots for you.
Alas I have "bid" on numerous used (but as new!) Cooper Rifles over the past 20 years or so but have not succeeded in purchasing one as yet.
I am going to have to get off the pot and spring forth with the needed money so's I can own one of these fine Rifles before I kick the bucket.
I can not tell from the photos - is that Rifle a single shot or a repeater?
Again great looking rig.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
You will love it. Have a Jackson squirrel with the same scope, it will out shoot most centerfires at 100 yds.
Thanks guy's....VG it is a repeater, I have wanted a bolt action 22 lr for a long time, and Stoney aka slg888 pushed me towards a Cooper and Clark suggested this scope and so far it's been all good advice, these rifles have a great feel,and I'm looking forward to trying different ammo in this rifle!
That SK subsonic hollow point that I linked you to shoots really well in my Annie and my 453. It does a great job on squirrels and rabbits too. Being subsonic it isn't as meat damaging as a HV hollowpoint but you get both accuracy and a better killing bullet in the Subsonic HP.
Posted By: slg888 Re: Cooper M57 Jackson Hunter! - 10/02/14
Copy Cat

[Linked Image] [/quote]
Stoney your my hero laugh .......+ you have pretty good taste

in rifles!
Posted By: jbuck Re: Cooper M57 Jackson Hunter! - 10/03/14
My JSR really like RWS subsonics.

Absolutely love the rifle. I sometimes wish I had a synthetic stock.

I have some Eley Edge , Eley subtonics,and some Fioccchi official 320 to try ,will just have to see what it likes!
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Cooper M57 Jackson Hunter! - 10/05/14
I will own a cooper 22 just like Stoney's one of these days. Actually I will own his when he dies. Hurry up!! On a serious note his gun shoots lights out at 100 yards. You will love that gun
Posted By: battue Re: Cooper M57 Jackson Hunter! - 10/06/14
You guys are bad for my temptation bone.
Posted By: dave284 Re: Cooper M57 Jackson Hunter! - 10/06/14
If at first it doesn't shoot as well as it should, check the action screws. My first two outings with my JSR left me a little disappointed thinking maybe it would only shoot the real high dollar stuff. After I tightened the action screws more, the groups shrank considerably with most ammo. I have read the same thing from several other Cooper owners.

Dave.
Originally Posted by battue
You guys are bad for my temptation bone.

You will feel better when you give in....... grin
Originally Posted by kevinJ
I will own a cooper 22 just like Stoney's one of these days. Actually I will own his when he dies. Hurry up!! On a serious note his gun shoots lights out at 100 yards. You will love that gun

Dibs on the Bat.........
Originally Posted by dave284
If at first it doesn't shoot as well as it should, check the action screws. My first two outings with my JSR left me a little disappointed thinking maybe it would only shoot the real high dollar stuff. After I tightened the action screws more, the groups shrank considerably with most ammo. I have read the same thing from several other Cooper owners.

Dave.

Thanks for the tip!
Posted By: jdunham Re: Cooper M57 Jackson Hunter! - 10/06/14
Doesn't get much better for a .22lr. Had the same exact setup, sold it when I hadn't shot it in awhile. Regretted it almost immediately and had to replace it about a year later. New one has a fluted barrel and desert camo stock. They are a great .22, enjoy it.
© 24hourcampfire