Home
I have been keeping my eyes open for a Model 9422 or a Model 39 in decent shape and yesterday at my LGS there was a respectable M9422 that they were asking $900.00.

I know that I've been out of the loop on RF lever gun pricing but holy smokes..
That is more than I paid for my Sako Finnfire, Savage/Anschutz M54 and my Kimber K22 Hunter.
Is that what these things are bringing these days?

SC
If it was in nice shape, pretty much.
I traded into a 94-22 mag a cupple years back and figure I have $600. in it.
The $900. price is a little steep for around here.

We have one in our local shop (Mazama's, Eugene. Or. 541-484-9993)for just under $700.
It has the high gloss finish and checkering, and is 22LR

Virgil B.
It seems a bit high to me, but I think they are steadily increasing in value. It's an investment.
I gave 200 dollars for mine in 1984. It has a '72 mnfgr date. I wouldn't take less than 750 dollars for mine... if that.
I love carrying/hunting with it in the woods.
At a gun show yesterday, I saw a bunch of 9422s, and all were over $750, even the ratty ones. Most were at $850+. Most of the 39As were running $650 or thereabouts.

Granted, EVERYTHING at this show was way overpriced, but those really stuck in my head.
Posted By: 458Win Re: Winchester M9422 - Pricing - 10/05/14
five or six years ago I took a decent, but well used, M-61 Win pump to the oldest Anchorage gunshop and offered to trade it for a very nice M9422 they had in the rack.
The salesman took me aside and told me that they would make an even trade but I would be getting the wrong end of the deal because my older Winchester pump "was a collectors piece"
I hope the collector is enjoying his pump 22 - because I sure love the 9422. grin
Went to a lgs here in northern Michigan this weekend. Witnessed a nib 9422 magnum for sale priced at $1200.00. I think ther are a lot of other .22's that are made nicer and shoot better for half the price. Definitely do not see the reason people like those so much. Just my opinion.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Winchester M9422 - Pricing - 10/05/14
I did have three of the 9422's, one magnum and two standard 94-22 . I gave the magnum to my nephew and still have the two standards. One is the 20 inch rifle and the other is the 16 inch trapper. I love the 94-22 and believe they are the best lever 22's ever made with my Marlin 39 coming in at a close second.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Jericho Re: Winchester M9422 - Pricing - 10/06/14
About 7 years ago I saw a Winchester 94 in 17HMR for $350 and
didnt buy it. Only one I have ever handled.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Winchester M9422 - Pricing - 10/06/14
I started to buy the 17 but didn't like the 24 inch barrel and pistol grip on the one i was looking at
Posted By: dave284 Re: Winchester M9422 - Pricing - 10/06/14
When Winchester first quit making them a few years ago, prices started skyrocketing and many of them sold for $900.00+. I was under the impression that they started to come back down, some. Could be I'm wrong, but I wouldn't pay that for one. The only one I have is a 9422 Classic XTR, great rifles.

Dave.
Originally Posted by robertacabin
Went to a lgs here in northern Michigan this weekend. Witnessed a nib 9422 magnum for sale priced at $1200.00. I think ther are a lot of other .22's that are made nicer and shoot better for half the price. Definitely do not see the reason people like those so much. Just my opinion.

I don't think you'll find many "made nicer". Take one apart some time and you'll see what I mean. They're pretty amazing inside. Marlins, though very nice, are comparatively crude.

The shooting part depends. My .22 mag shot okay but not great and I decided that my Hornet was more in line with what I really needed and wanted. I didn't lose any money when I sold it.
Add a few hundred to the $1200.00 and you could find a really nice Cooper or Kimber. Now take them apart and compare the fit/finish and the internals.
cooper and kimber make leeverguns in rimfire?
Special order........
ahhh. I see...
One has to be really deep in the world of rimfire to know these things......
or named bob.....
grin
Originally Posted by robertacabin
Add a few hundred to the $1200.00 and you could find a really nice Cooper or Kimber. Now take them apart and compare the fit/finish and the internals.

My mistake. I thought half of $1200 was $600.

I guess Barbie was right.
Posted By: Gibby Re: Winchester M9422 - Pricing - 10/10/14
When my son decides to walk the place just for fun,the first gun he grabs is his 9422M. Peep sight and large loop. Shoots the 50gr Golddots. Very accurate combination.

There would be no price to get that gun from him.
I fitted mine with a Williams WGRS and a red F.O. front sight. Made a nice package.
Posted By: Gibby Re: Winchester M9422 - Pricing - 10/12/14
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I fitted mine with a Williams WGRS and a red F.O. front sight. Made a nice package.

That peep is what he uses with the standard front. He shot peeps a lot when he was on the ROTC rifle teem. He is like Annie Oakley with his.

Good long sight radius.
Posted By: TWR Re: Winchester M9422 - Pricing - 10/13/14
I may try a peep with mine if I ever get it back.

Scoping them has been difficult. I tried a Weaver extended rail and it worked fine until it fell off. I've thought about drilling and tapping the receiver but just can't bring myself to do it.

Still wouldn't sell it or the 22lr my dad has.
I tossed a fastfireII on mine.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gibby Re: Winchester M9422 - Pricing - 10/13/14
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I tossed a fastfireII on mine.....

[Linked Image]

That's looks like another great option. Great for vermin on the move.

They are just fun guns to shoot.

One of the best built Winchesters in recent years. Smooooooth!
Posted By: Gibby Re: Winchester M9422 - Pricing - 10/13/14
Originally Posted by TWR
I may try a peep with mine if I ever get it back.

Scoping them has been difficult. I tried a Weaver extended rail and it worked fine until it fell off. I've thought about drilling and tapping the receiver but just can't bring myself to do it.

Still wouldn't sell it or the 22lr my dad has.

Please do not drill that receiver. Please.
94/22M

I need to find one in .22LR or a Mountie. Missed out on more than one good deal thinking the price was high at that time. I doubt lever actions of this quality will ever be manufactured again.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by woods_walker
I doubt lever actions of this quality will ever be manufactured again.

Yup. But not to fear. Painted pot-metal will be. For those unwilling to part with the cash to get a 9422....
I shot a 9422M belonging to one of the other guys on a hunt in Texas a dozen years ago, killing a pile of jackrabbits, and liked it so much immediately upon returning home started looking for one. Found a new 9422M, the checkered model, in a local gun shop, and bought it for something like $499.95. Shot it for several years but then for some reason sold it, maybe because we didn't have many jackrabbits in Montana anymore. Even made a few bucks.

After a couple of years decided that was a mistake, so looked for another and found one for $700. Luckily, it turned out to shoot even than the first, and in fact is the most accurate .22 Magnum I've ever owned. It doesn't have checkering but I don't care.
I re-checked the price on the 94-22LR that is in stock at Mazama's in Eugene, where I work part time.
It's $595.00

Has some dings in the wood, so not "like new" but is a good solid "shooter" grade.

Virgil B.
Virgil,
PM Sent
I put a Skinner peep sight on my 94-22 mag, with an 1/16" ivory bead on the front.
The Skinner mounts in the existing scope grooves.

This is a great combo, with NO drilling and taping.

Virgil B.
© 24hourcampfire