Home
Posted By: plastikosmd 2 semi auto wmr - 10/19/14
These are 2 of my favorites. Semi auto 22 wmr can be finicky, not so with the brno 611
If u ever have a chance to pick one up, grab it
here are my 2, one with a Swarovski Z6i 2.5-15x42 (illum)
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 348srfun Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/08/14
I really like mine too. I put a Williams receiver sight on mine. Does yours handle CCI ammo ok. Mine ocasionally has a case head separation. It's not a real problem as I don't have any more of that anyway. Shoots everything else great.
Posted By: plastikosmd Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/08/14
No issues thus far, have used cci and winchester. Still trying to figure out what they like best
Posted By: uncle joe Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/09/14
I have a 611 I bought about 10 years ago for less than $300, just checked Gun Broker and someone has a magazine listed for more.
I tried several brands of ammo, mine likes CCI maxi mag 40 gr TMJ . CCI catalog/item # 0023.
Other ammo shoots well but cloverleafs at 50 yards are not uncommon.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/09/14
Had occasion to shoot a CZ WMR auto yesterday, replete with scope and muffler. It was surprisingly accurate at 50 yards with CCI ammo, putting 5 in a group near 3/8". Probably as a result of the can a lot of powder debris found its way into the action and after about 1-1/2 boxes of ammo it choked. By that I mean it ceased to function in all regards.
Posted By: GoWyo Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/10/14
Howdy Plastikos,

Nice rifles! I like the slings too. Turners? Here is my 'zeke'. Impulse buy back in the day. I recently picked up the BRNO mounts, much better than the milletts IMHO.

If you all are getting case head separations, you might want to take a couple thousandths off of the end of the firing pin. This fix will cure that. Common issue, that and a less than stellar trigger.

PS, that dude wanting 350 plus for the mag is touched. There is a guy on youtube from CZ that will sell you mags. @100-150. Do a search on accurate reloading for the thread.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/10/14
They are the best made .22 Mag I have seen.

Wish I had more use for mine. The .22 Mag is not allowed in CT's state forests and on private land I would carry a centerfire.

Posted By: plastikosmd Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/10/14
Beauty ^

I haven't really cleaned mine much. Must have been the can, dan.

I have 3-4 mags, all set there. I have some land so a great walk around gun, for my " woods walk"
A 1/2 mile of walking with targets
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SShooterZ Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/14/14
By far my favorite .22WMR

Shoots flawless and the action is so smooth...
Posted By: plastikosmd Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/16/14
Agree, like glass
Posted By: ColdCase1984 Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/17/14
Neat target stand!
Posted By: bea175 Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/17/14
Davidson House of Guns has the CZ 512 for five something and 22 of them in stock
Posted By: SShooterZ Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/17/14
Originally Posted by bea175
Davidson House of Guns has the CZ 612 for five something and 22 of them in stock

The CZ 612 is a pump action shotgun?? confused
Posted By: plastikosmd Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/17/14
thx, just a bracket, some clothespins and a 2x4. they work well. got about a dozen set up through the woods to walk and shoot at various distances, heights etc. fun walk
Posted By: bea175 Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/18/14
typing error i meant 512
Posted By: SShooterZ Re: 2 semi auto wmr - 11/18/14
Ah.. I re-read the thread twice cause I thought I missed something. LOL
© 24hourcampfire