Home
Posted By: DIXIEBANJO 22 Pumps - 11/21/05
Ive been looking at the new Taurus pump guns,and they look really nice.I want to get one in 22 mag.Anybody know anything about them?Im looking at the model 62 and model 72.
Posted By: DBT Re: 22 Pumps - 11/21/05
I bought a Taurus 62 carbine last year - I liked the solid design, finish, etc. But the accuracy was completely disapointing, the barrel had heavy 'chatter' and it grouped around 3-4" at 50yd.
The gunshop tried another one they had in stock, with much the same result.
I don't know if that's typical, perhaps they send their rejects out to Australia?
To cut a long story short, I ended up getting a refund and bought a bolt action.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: 22 Pumps - 11/23/05
A friend of mine had one of the Taurus pumps. It sucked. The action was really difficult to work, trigger was awful, sights crude. Difficult to shoot well. I wouldn't spend my money on one.

I had a Remington pump 22 when I was a teenager, and THAT was a nice .22. I might look for one again someday if I really get the itch for another .22 rifle.
Posted By: batch Re: 22 Pumps - 11/23/05
I bought one, several years ago when it was Rossi. I believe Taurus just took over the production and changed the name. Mine is lots of fun and reasonably accurate, less than two inches at 50 yards. With my eyesight that is pretty good. When I got it, it wouldn't feed at all, without jamming. Taurus honored the warranty and since I got it back hasn't bobbled. I like it well enough to buy another but it is just in line. I also have a Remington 572 that I got 30+ years ago. It is a superior rifle but I grab the Rossi more often because it's lighter and packs easier. Of course one is .22 WMR and the other a LR.
batch
© 24hourcampfire