Home
Posted By: Remington6MM 17 HMR for grandson - 03/29/15
I will be buying a 17HMR for my grandson's graduation present and would like to ask your opinion as to what you think is the best combination of rifle and scope. Ruger, Marlin, Savage or...
Thanks

W. Bill
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 03/30/15
If your budget is open, the Ruger 77/17 is a nice rifle and a 4-12x40 Leupold would be a nice scope for it.

If your budget is tighter, I really like the Marlin 917, both the heavy and light/sporter contours. I have a Sightron S1 4-12x40AO on my 917VS-SF and think that it is a combination that would be hard to beat without spending a whole lot more $$.

Since these are rifles that I use during our hot, humid, summers, I prefer stainless to CM.
Posted By: bonefish Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 03/30/15
I would throw CZ in the mix if budget will allow.
Posted By: Boxer Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 03/31/15
Assuming you love him...RAR Hummer,Bob 25MOA extended 1913,Reuplod PRW mediums and 6x Fixed Fhuqker.

Don't fret that it's all over your head...just do it.

You've been led to water.

Thank me later.

Hint.

P.S.

CZ's suck heavy ass in comparison and the 4-12x is a joke.

CZ 452,RAR,77/17 for comparison.

The RAR has the trigger,better mounting system and boasts the best mag in da' bidness. They also happen to shoot incredibly.

6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker on order,in this pic.

[Linked Image]

Better butter files.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 03/31/15
I'd vote for either Ruger as the others have the mag hanging out the bottom, which is both a PITA and oogly.

The 77/17 is prettier, but the difference in price will buy a lot of ammo. Stainless is a good option, however for forgetful youngsters, especially if WA is as soggy as they say.
Posted By: coobie Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 03/31/15
I have 2 savages in 17 HMR both are tack drivers.
Posted By: SShooterZ Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/02/15
I've got both 77/17s and CZs and have been happy with both.

Check out Whittakers as they usually have nice prices on most of the aforementioned rifles.
Posted By: iShoot17 Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/02/15
I am going to put my vote out there for CZ, specifically the 452 platforms. I have a 452 American in each of the four calibers produced at one point by CZ (17HM2, 17HMR, 22LR, and 22WMR). Each of them is an absolute joy to shoot.

The 17HMR in particular has been a great joy. It is extremely accurate, not picky about ammo, and it very well put together. I enjoy it for plinking, varmint hunting, and just casual range time.

The prices are fair and I don't think you would be disappointed.
Posted By: bonefish Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/05/15
My CZ 17hmr has outshot the 3 Anschutz 17hmr's that I have owned. Scope mounting can be a pain and the triggers are terrible out of the box. The payoff for getting through these issues is a tack driving gun with great reliability. If you paint it Chartruse and White like the gun pictured above, it will shoot even better and you will become an expert on guns that suck.
Posted By: Irving_D Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/05/15
I just ordered the savage A17 semi auto. It should be here by the end of the week. 419.00 accutech trigger. I cannot wait. A17
Posted By: Boxer Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/05/15
This schit is HILARIOUS!!!

Hell...I've never even heard of Anschutzeses.

[Linked Image]

Hummer thoughts from yesterday:

RAR,Bob 25MOA extended 1913,Boyd's 'cool,Maxima's,10x MD Fixed Fhuqker(6x MQ's seem to be outta fhuqking stock,for some gawdddamned reason?!??).

[Linked Image]

BHOTP(Baddest Hummmer On THE Planet) from yesterday,as it were a Duel of sorts.(grin) '77 based,LW 18" .720",McMillan handle,RB trigger,Reupold rings,10x MQ Fixed Fhuqker,yada,yada.

[Linked Image]

Now if only because facts matter. CZ mags suck heavy ass,in both "reliability" and their mating system,along with their ergo's,capacity and construction. Hint. Read that again. Re-hint. Though I can only muse 5 and 10 rounders. Re-hint. Laffin'!

Chartreuse still isn't spelled "Chartuse",but folks can ONLY do their "best",with what incredibly little they have to work with . Laffin'!

I reckon the one wearing the Reupold Mk4 M3 6x is a heavy concession,to some folks Realities...though not mine. hint.

[Linked Image]

Always handy to have a herd,when musing rifle particulars. Hint. if only because extrapolating side by each,reliably bears the most fruit. Re-hint.

[Linked Image]

Pun be intended.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/538/wqna9w.jpg[/img]

VERY much enjoying the wealth of "knowledge" and "experience". Laffin'!

For some reason...I don't feel compelled to apologize,for not being forced to guess.

Keep guessin' girls!

You've been led to water.

Thank me later.

Hint.

Laffin'!

The CZ's are pieces of fhuqking schit,compared to the RAR.

Re-hint.

(Addendum: because I was laffin' so hard)

Pardon that horning more Clueless Kchunts up. Laffin'!

Anywhooo...if only because nothing is more interestinger than perspective,it's only "fair" to subtend. FUNNIEST part is,only a few will get it. Re-Laffin'!

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/537/zzHmC2.jpg[/img]

And if only because I've got itty-bitty Lady Fingers. Laffin'!

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/661/q0QyvD.jpg[/img]

'Course,even fewer will savvy this.

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/540/CAFtbq.jpg[/img]

Good talk!

Laffin'!!!

(Addendum: for yet another Clueless Fhuqk)

'gone,

You could stop your Whining Clueless Kchunt Act,were it not for one fact.

That being...it ain't an "act".

Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

You gawdamned nearly mustered the courage to say sumptin' about a rifle.

Almost.

Laffin'!
Posted By: bobnob17 Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/05/15
BLOODY NICE FISH!
Posted By: dawggone Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/05/15
Nice pictures but wondering why you feel the need to be a narcissistic assshole? You vote for Obama too? North West Alaska's alter ego?
Posted By: bonefish Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/06/15
So you shot the bear and the steelhead with a Ruger 17hmr?
Posted By: bonefish Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/06/15
"There are strange things done in the midnight sun..."
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/06/15
Very interesting Boxer, but my grandson has a much better looking girlfriend.
Posted By: mudstud Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/06/15
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

This place is definitely going down hill. Uncalled for IMHO.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/07/15
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

Does being disrespectful toward a man's daughter add any value to the conversation?
Posted By: Gun_Doc Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/07/15
Agreed. Get into it with Boxer if you want to, but leave the kids out of it.

Not to mention that is a very pretty young lady who is simply looking serious instead of smiling.

Addendum: Just an educated guess, but I'd also bet she can hold her own in a rifle shooting match . . .
Posted By: bonefish Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/07/15
I like his pics. Not nice with the daughter comments. Good fun until someone gets low. All he did was make fun of my spelling and the CZ rifle.
Posted By: Boxer Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/08/15
'gone,

Your Clueless Kchuntitude never wanes,in it's oblivious humor's splendor.

Congratulations?!?

Laffin'!

'fish,

You couldn't ID a 17HMR on a dare,which factors in more than a smidge on your "critique" of same. Bless your heart.

Try again,with pics from yesterday.

BHOTP hasty MPAJ trio from 100yds,as zero confirmation.

[Linked Image]

Single poke 208yd zero confirmation.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Cheer up...NOONE can "make" more fun of you than you can,by you simply doing your BEST. Hint. you wouldn't even know what kind of fish was pictured,unless I was in the mood to cite same. I ain't. Re-laffin'!

If I didn't own a CZ 452 Hummer,I'd refrain comment on same. But alas,I don't feel compelled to apologize,for being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess.

Just sayin'.

Hint.

'6mm,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you NEED.

Do tell about the "particulars",of how someone "gets" to be sooooooo fhuqking AMAZINGLY stupid as you? Few things funnier than a Clueless Kchunt asking questions,then a coupla Posts later they "magically" have an IQ refill and Pretend a first fhuqking clue. Laffin'!

Knock it outta the fhuqking Park and wax eloquent on what you "do" for a "living",then quantify the sweet "satisfactions" that are all your's,with a picture of you and the grandson. Mainly because crossed-eyes are funnier than fhuqk. Laffin'! I'm looking forwarder than fhuqk,to the pending excuses,high-pitched nasal whine and that MOST awkward of silences. RE-laffin'!

Mebbe you dumb fhuqkers fish too?!? Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I reckon it to be more than a touch disconcerting,that a teenage girl has Whacked/Stacked and Casted/Blasted more than your shallow gene pool can muster in it's compilation. Fact is,that'd be poignantly poetic and my sole hope is,that you continue your Vagina Monologue and frost your Hissy Fit right proper.

Do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt. Laffin'!

Or hell...mebbe muse some 6mm Rem "particulars"?!? Re-laffin'!

Where do you Do Nothing Kchunts come from?!?

Wow +P+!

'stud,

The Do Nothing Gang can ONLY do the "best" they can,with what incredibly [bleep] little they have to work with.

Key is to dangle lotsa slack on the line and enjoy the fhuqking show,as they obliviously talk out their asses and go FULL Fhuqking Retard.(grin)

FUNNY schit!

They got me on the ropes.(grin)

'7,

I've seen her double-tap a Garand,as a tyke.

Both empties above the barrel,here.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/DADS7654.jpg[/img]

It weren't even "fair",when welllllllllllll shy of being a teenager.(grin)

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/540/ToO6qC.jpg[/img]

Though in fairness...The Dude has game too.

Both empties touching,below strongside elbow.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/20110424-DAD_4146.jpg[/img]

Mebbe this is a Hummer too?!? laffin'!

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/746/Fc4a1r.jpg[/img]

Only fair to let Stupid Fhuqkers take their Imagination and it'sPretend,to where they NEED it most.

Bless their hearts.(grin)

(Addendum: Yet another RAR Hummer version,from this AM)

[img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1280x1024q90/540/hAIvVf.jpg[/img]

Hint.

Just sayin'.
Posted By: bonefish Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/08/15
One of the pics looked like a steelhead. Despite your rude comments those are great pictures and I enjoy them.
Posted By: Gun_Doc Re: 17 HMR for grandson - 04/08/15
Boxer,

You can never move to Kalifornia. Probably not New York either. They would take your kids away from you, as clearly you are a bad influence on them . . .
© 24hourcampfire