Home
I know that a number of members bought one or more of these rifles from SAS/Whittaker's and I have a question for everyone who bought one. I bought one in 22LR and just got my hands on it this weekend.

The question I have is that on the box my rifle came in, it lists the finish as being matte, but I'd definitely consider the finish on the barrel and to a slightly lesser extent the action to be a polished and dark blued finish. There's absolutely nothing matte about it. In fact, it's close to the finish on my early 90's era 77 MKII.

What kind of finish does the metal on your rimfire Predator have?

BTW, this isn't a complaint. I really like the slick finish on the metal of my rifle. I'm just wondering if they're all this way.

Thanks.

Mine's akin to yours.
Thanks for the reply. I suspect they are all the same, but it's interesting that they label it as matte.
Matte compared to my Kimbers grin Mine is the same as yours Scott.
Both mine are the same as yours..
Thanks, guys.

Keith, that Kimber must have a beautiful finish on it. I don't recall ever handling one of their blued rifles, but it sounds good.
I will find out early next week when my WMR arrives. It sounds like I will be quite pleased with the finish. It's unlikely the varmints will get a chance to express their opinion.
Mine WAS the same as yours, but I had kend cerakote it in matt black.

I wanted a damp weather rifle, and now have it!

It looks GREAT now!

Virgil B.
My .22 Predator is he same as yours but I recently Purchased the .308 RAR Predator and it does have the matte finish
I just picked up my 22 LR predator and it has the shiny finish as well. Didn't pay any attention to the box label.

I'd have preferred the matte finish, but no matter. I bought this rifle to USE. It'll have a custom finish before it is said and done.
I've noticed the matte designation as well...and it's not accurate. Every one I've seen has been a polished blue.
My 17 hummer is tactical gloss. Pretty much a deal breaker because it cuts down on my stealth ability. Then again, I like a zoot suit over a ghillie suit because I prefer to be tactipimp....

I was kinda surprised only because I thought it was cheaper to do a matte finish over a gloss. Maybe they do everything gloss and chop it as needed.

Don't really care either way. Bad ass little rig, might actually shoot it one day.
© 24hourcampfire