Home
Posted By: RJM Kimber .22.... - 04/19/15
Was wondering what others are seeing for prices for made in NY, not Oregon, .22 rifles. The standard sporter...

I picked up a very nice one a few years ago. Very dark straight grain stock and matte finished metal. Same shop has the same gun 99% condition but the stock is a little lighter in color and a lot more grain in the butt stock.

Looked over on GunBroker at both the current auctions and completed ones and there doesn't seem to be many of them around...and it seems there are more Kimber of Oregon rifles for sale than NY rifles...

Firm price on this one is $800 OTD and has the bases and rings...your thoughts would be appreciated.

Bob
Posted By: steve99 Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/19/15
Owning a Kimber SA 22 from New York, I pay attention to their value. A recent sale on GB for a Super America K 22 was $2400.

I've noticed the same thing you have, more availability of Oregon guns than NY. I think KONY owners are sitting tight if they can. They are a very good rifle if you use them and if collecting, maybe a good investment.

At 800 I would be a buyer.

Posted By: TWR Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/19/15
I bought an SVT for $775 but have seen a few standard models go at $900.
My standard KONY 22 shoots better than the SVT did so I wound up selling the SVT for $800, sold the first day.

I'd not think too long on it.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/19/15
This one with box brought $1050

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=465594045

Nice ones usually bring $950-1100.

I got lucky couple years and bought one right, great rimfires. Mags can be finicky; wonderful trigger.

$800 is a good price.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/19/15
Good price. Don't dawdle.

A KONY would be my first choice for a .22 in the $1000 range. If I had more money. I'd go Cooper, although I might take a chance on a Low Wall.
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/19/15
Ditto what others have said. $800 - $1100 seems to be the current market value depending on condition and wood quality. I was lucky enough to find a very nice KONY K22 at a gun show with mounts and Leupold scope for the price that you quoted. One of the best buys that I've made as it has become my favorite RF.
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/19/15
That is a great price and considering that they don't show up often you better make your move.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/19/15
RJM that is a good price on a Kimber NY. I only own Oregon models and sold 2 of those I wish I hadn't.
Posted By: RJM Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/19/15
...was put on Lay-A-Way today... I forgot to take a picture of the stock before they put it away...

Thanks for all the information and support....

Bob
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/19/15
You did good. When you spring bail show us some pictures.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/19/15
RJM: I am happy for you ("pulling the trigger on the Kimber 22"!).
I hope you are as happy with your Kimber 22's as I am with mine.
Be sure and let us know how it shoots.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/19/15
You lead us along like this and no photos- shame...
Posted By: boatammo Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/22/15
You did well. I'm a buyer for all I see at that price. Have had 10 currently own 4 pus coopers and Anschutz's 54"s. Other than my cooper JSR the kimbers are my faves. And they flat out shoot.
Posted By: dannycreasy Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/23/15
Originally Posted by Cruiser1

I got lucky couple years and bought one right, great rimfires. Mags can be finicky; wonderful trigger.

My experience as well. I have had my Hunter since 2007.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/23/15
"My experience as well. I have had my Hunter since 2007."

Would that range be Brocks Gap?
Posted By: dannycreasy Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/23/15
Would that range be Brocks Gap?

No, that is my club's range located in Colbert County near the little community of Crooked Oak, Alabama. My club is named the North Alabama Shooting Association.

I have shot at Brock's Gap before. I enjoyed one of their .22 Sniper Matches last year. Quite a haul from here unfortunately, or I would attend those matches more often.
Posted By: MCT3 Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/23/15
Originally Posted by boatammo
You did well. I'm a buyer for all I see at that price. Have had 10 currently own 4 pus coopers and Anschutz's 54"s. Other than my cooper JSR the kimbers are my faves. And they flat out shoot.

Yes sir. Although I've only owned one Kimber, it's a keeper. I have a Kahles RF 2-7x36 mounted and the combo makes a great squirrel hunting setup. I was just shooting it the other day (4 shot grp at 30yds with SK 40gr HV HP's). It really shoots the SK's well in addition to subsonics.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: JGray Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/23/15
Last one I saw here locally was in the $7-800 range a few years back. However, I've picked up a couple of Rem 541's lately - one under $400 and the other under $500 so feel nice rim fires here don't demand demand premiums...
Posted By: boatammo Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/24/15
The demand is high in Glendive.
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/24/15
Originally Posted by dannycreasy

My experience as well. I have had my Hunter since 2007.

[Linked Image]

I have a Oregon manufactured 82C with a red recoil pad. The Best .22 Rifle I have owned to date, no issues and a superb trigger. I have been looking for a Hunter with a three position safety, they are not easy to find.
Posted By: dannycreasy Re: Kimber .22.... - 04/30/15
This thread made me want to go shoot my Kimber Hunter, so I decided to check its zero today with Wolf MT and shoot it in Saturday's 50/25 Silhouette Match.

[Linked Image]

What a cold clean barrel shooter!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Kimber .22.... - 05/01/15
Nice! Great pictures.
Posted By: Gaviidae_Esq Re: Kimber .22.... - 05/02/15
Ain't gonna lie. That Kimber is a nice set up! I'm thinking I need to make room in the safe for something like that for our peep shoots.
Posted By: RJM Re: Kimber .22.... - 06/04/15
Been "sprung"....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

...stock isn't much to look at so if it gets scratcked up hunting won't have to worry much...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I didn't try the trigger in the shop...and was more than surprized...about 1.5#...

Now to find a scope and time to shoot it...

Bob
My first Kimber with Shepherd scope...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Serial number on the bottom on is 02xxx and 04xxx for the top one.
Posted By: SShooterZ Re: Kimber .22.... - 06/04/15
Seeing all these nice Kimbers ticks me off. I had a nice Kimber Hunter that would string 5 shots, regardless of ammo, in a line about 5" wide. Sent it back to Kimber, they re-crowned and replaced the bolt. Said the bolt was defective. Took it out and it improved to 3" horizontal strings. Tried about 20 different types of ammo with it and no bueno. No longer own a Kimber.

Buddy had I think what was called a Kimber Classic? Beautiful wood and matte finish. Absolute laser beam with just about any .22 ammo you put into it. Argh!
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Kimber .22.... - 06/04/15
RJM,

You did good! Going to a gunshow this weekend and will be on the look out for a New York red pad. I hope to duplicate your success.

Had a Nikon 6-18 side focus scope with target knobs in my orphan scope box....it now resides on #2. Put two shims under the scope in the rear ring to be able to get as much elevation out of the scope as possible.

Bob
Posted By: RJM Re: Kimber .22.... - 06/08/15
Got to shoot both guns today but only at 100 yards and the wind was blowing about 10 mph.

This is the new one with the Nikon mounted...

[Linked Image]

The trigger pull on this one is much lighter than the first one.

Forgot to take pics of the targets but may still have them in the truck...they ran 1.5-2" I think...

Bob

Posted By: RJM Re: Kimber .22.... - 06/23/15
Got to shoot some targets yesterday under a little more favorable conditions...

This was 5 shots at 50 yards with rifle #1....

[Linked Image]

It apparently is still spot on from being sighted in...

I shot the new Kimber for the rest of the session as I already knew how accurate Rifle #1. It also likes the Winchester Super-X...this was ten shots...

[Linked Image]

Then I just started shooting some leftover ammo...

[Linked Image]

The only really impressive ammo was the Eley Sport...

[Linked Image]

So they are both shooters with the right ammo....

Bob
Posted By: dannycreasy Re: Kimber .22.... - 06/23/15
I recently changed to a 6-18X44 variable scope to increase the flexibility of my Kimber Hunter. The reward was this quarter incher at 50 yards:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dave284 Re: Kimber .22.... - 06/23/15
My Cooper likes the Eley sport about like that. I don't think they make it anymore. What a shame.

Dave.
Posted By: dannycreasy Re: Kimber .22.... - 06/23/15
Eley Sport (purple box) was repackaged Aguila Standard Velocity. It suffered the same lot to lot idiosyncrasies as all the Aguila lines. I split a case from the CMP North Store at Camp Perry with a friend one summer. It shot very well in my CZs. Never tried it in the Kimber.

I remember shooting the last box of it in the Spring before last. I pulled a doofus move and loaded the wrong rifle case in the vehicle before heading to a bench rest match at my club. I was going to shoot my CZ American in Sporter Class. The rifle case contained a Marlin tube repeater with a 6X scope. A friend urged me to shoot the match with his CZ American. I had the better part of a box of the Eley Sport in my range bag. I needed 25 shots for score on the USBR target and I believe I had half a dozen rounds or so to spare for sighters.

The Eley/Aguila did very well in my friends rifle:

Sporter Class

1st - Danny - 224-2X - CZ 452 American - Weaver 44/40 6.5X20 - Eley Sport
2nd - Peary - 200-0X - Kimber 82 Classic - Barska 6.5X20 - Federal 714
3rd - Ulus - 191-0X - CZ 452 American - Weaver 44/40 6.5X20 - CCI
-SV
Posted By: RJM Re: Kimber .22.... - 06/24/15
.....guess I should ask you Kimber guys....what is the difference between the "red pad" guns and the darker pad guns...I notice I have both...

Bob
© 24hourcampfire