Home
We first met on my 10th birthday on a farm in rural colorado several decades ago and were inseparable for about 5 yrs ..today , i ran into his twin here locally and thought i would rekindle the relationship !....remington 580...hope it brings back some good memories !!
Yep it will. One of my brain dead moments I sold a pristine 582. got another which needed a bit of TLC from a member on here.
I had that happen to me once, too. Traded up on my second shotgun. Couple of years latter I saw my 1st for sale again in a pawn shop.
i would love to run into the Dan Wesson revolver (22lr) i traded off for my first compound bow. this was back in '83 or there abouts.
My first was a 582 and still one of my favorite rimfire rifles.
Elk, my 580 is going to MT on Tues. to shoot gophers w/me. I have had a 581, 582 also but you still have to load mags. 1 round at a time. I figured why not simply use a single shot. Mine is glass bedded w/a 2X7 Red.- Muddy
I have a 581 and a 541-T.....LOVE them both!

Chris
have a 77/22 that i really like as well so thinking i might just dump the 541T now that i have this old buddy..
I can take you back farther. A year or so ago, I bumped into a really nice 511 in a pawn shop wearing a shameful price tag of $40. I didn't even haggle over the tax. It is wonderfully accurate with several brands and velocities. My granddaughters will love it. They already have their great-grandfather's single shot 510.

Jack
How's that 582 shooting EH? I can't recall if I bought another before or after I sold that one to you. I haven't shot mine much either way. My son has been shooting a 581 in 4-H the past few years. He took first in state this year with it. He's in intermediate level. Kind of surprised us both! I swapped out the trigger from my 541-T sporter so he'd have a decent trigger. Both guns like federal bulk pak and Aguila match ammo.
Congratulations.

I had somewhat the same thing happen for me in the last few months.

I went through a divorce in 2007. In the washout, I lost a Marlin 880SQ, that was a stellar shooter.

A couple months back, I was working in my friend's gun shop, when a man brought in an 880SQ and sold it.

I was busy with a customer when my friend propped it up behind the counter. Took a moment to ask John if the last four on the serial number were 43xx. "How did you know that?" He asked.

I said "SOLD".

It is back at home with me now.

I really enjoy that rifle. I'm sure you will enjoy yours too.
My 580 was the first and only rifle my dad gave me before he died in a motorcycle accident. It's been through hell and back and shoots outstanding groups at 50 yds with SK Jagd Standard Plus.

I have an AAA Black Walnut stock almost ready to replace the Birch youth stock.
© 24hourcampfire