Home
Posted By: ringworm what rings for RAR 22 - 05/27/15
Time to glass the ruger. What rings are you guys comfortable recommending?
Or is there a 1 piece rail I could use warns or leupolds on?
Posted By: Certifiable Re: what rings for RAR 22 - 05/27/15
Ringworm DIP products make a nice standard or 25 MOA picatinny rail for the rugers.
I have two .22 predators but they came with rails from ruger so I've used PRW's and been perfectly happy
Posted By: drover Re: what rings for RAR 22 - 05/27/15
Why not a set of Weaver bases that opens up options for rings from various manufacturers.

drover
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: what rings for RAR 22 - 05/27/15
DIP 25 moa, and whatever....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: avagadro Re: what rings for RAR 22 - 05/27/15
I'm kinda a simpleton when it comes to RF mounting. Leupold Rifleman RF rings and Warne RF rings have both served me well when dovetails are supplied. Typically only shoot my 22lr to 100 yards in matches and both options have worked well with chosen optics. laugh
Posted By: ringworm Re: what rings for RAR 22 - 05/27/15
I'm not planning on needing a 25 moa rail, but I've got a few sets of standard rings so I may just grab some #12's.
Posted By: dubePA Re: what rings for RAR 22 - 05/28/15
#12s and Burris Zees on mine. Thinking someone at Rudegear has a brain, offering the option of the dovetail or bases?
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: what rings for RAR 22 - 05/28/15
I like the B-Square 3/8" groove to Weaver-style ring adapters. They are a 2-piece set of adapters that allow you to use whatever brand of Weave-style rings that you like. I have them on several rimfire rifles that didn't come factory d&t, like the current Marlin and Savage bolt guns do, and also on a couple of Savage 24 combination guns in both .410 and 20 gauge.

They run around $25 to $30 per set, but are well made and, IMO, well worth the price.
Posted By: dubePA Re: what rings for RAR 22 - 05/28/15
Have B Square adaptors on my CZ 455 and like 'em.

Not really any reason to use 'em on an RAR that I can think of, since it comes already D/T'd for #12 bases?
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: what rings for RAR 22 - 05/28/15
Originally Posted by dubePA
Have B Square adaptors on my CZ 455 and like 'em.

Not really any reason to use 'em on an RAR that I can think of, since it comes already D/T'd for #12 bases?

A rimfire sporter that isn't stainless, isn't of much use to me during our hot and humid summers, the time of year I am most likely to go afield with a rimfire rifle, so the RAR-rimfires haven't raised my interest. I haven't looked at them very closely and didn't know that they were factory d&t. For a d&t rimfire rifle, the chose of bases is pretty much limited to whatever bases the rifle is factory d&t for.
Posted By: Lockhart Re: what rings for RAR 22 - 05/28/15
Talley Lightweights.
Posted By: Bobcape Re: what rings for RAR 22 - 05/29/15
If you plan to shoot longer distances, you could go with a 25 MOA Picatinny rail and then use about any rings you want. I like the Burris Zee rings.

Bob

ETA: The DIP rail gives you a few extra slots too.
© 24hourcampfire