Home
Posted By: clark98ut Quiet, little rimfire... - 07/11/15
I wanted to put together a neat little lever action 22lr for the kids (and for Dad grin ). I found a Browning Bl-22 here on the Fire. I had my gunsmith chop the barrel to 16" and thread it for a can.

For optics I wanted to slap a red dot or reflex sight of some kind on it to make things simpler for the kids. The problem was finding a picatinny rail that would work. As far as I could find, nobody makes one. Soooo...I talked to DIP, took some measurements of the dovetail, and they recommended the rail for the Henry 22 lever.

It fit like a champ on the dovetail, but the way the dovetail is designed on the BL-22, it can't be extended forward (cantilevered over the barrel), so I did a little modification. Hacksawed off a couple of inches, drilled and threaded a few extra set screw holes, and DONE.

Added a Primary Arms Micro Dot (the newer one with the push button adjustments) for optics. For the cherry on top I added a Gemtech GM-22 suppressor. Makes for a nice, quiet, compact package.

Gemtech is making a 3-lug adapter for 22lr cans that I'll add when it's out, which will make loading the rifle a lot easier. No more screwing the can on and off after 10 rounds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: dave284 Re: Quite, little rimfire... - 07/11/15
Neat little rifle. I'm bettin the kids will love it. I would.

Dave.
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Quite, little rimfire... - 07/12/15
Very cool! How do you like that Primary Arms red dot?
Posted By: clark98ut Re: Quite, little rimfire... - 07/13/15
Originally Posted by Oregon45
Very cool! How do you like that Primary Arms red dot?

Really like them in general, and the new push button model with the extended battery life is very nice!
Posted By: deflave Re: Quite, little rimfire... - 07/13/15
Cool schit.

What ammo do you use?

Travis
Posted By: clark98ut Re: Quite, little rimfire... - 07/13/15
Hell, these days, anything I can find!

I have a decent stock of CCI Quiet though, and that stuff is stupid quiet through the can.
Posted By: deflave Re: Quite, little rimfire... - 07/13/15
Yes, it is. I like the Aguila better than anything though.

But like you said, can't be choosy.

Travis
Posted By: 4ager Re: Quite, little rimfire... - 07/13/15
clark;

When you can find some again, try the CCI Subsonic LR HollowPoints. Quiet and they thump the Hell out of stuff.

That's a very neat rig you've set up there.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Quiet, little rimfire... - 07/13/15
That IS quite a little rimfire.

Is it quiet too?

Love, Poobs, the spelling nazi.
Posted By: clark98ut Re: Quiet, little rimfire... - 07/13/15
Originally Posted by ingwe
That IS quite a little rimfire.

Is it quiet too?

Love, Poobs, the spelling nazi.

Caught that and fixed it the other day. grin
I does nose how to spull.... wink
Originally Posted by 4ager
clark;

When you can find some again, try the CCI Subsonic LR HollowPoints. Quiet and they thump the Hell out of stuff.

Will do. Don't know that I've ever seen that particular around here, but I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!
Posted By: 4ager Re: Quiet, little rimfire... - 07/13/15
Originally Posted by clark98ut
Originally Posted by 4ager
clark;

Will do. Don't know that I've ever seen that particular around here, but I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!

No problem. I'll post up a pic tomorrow, if I can. WFN profile, like the SGB, but with a real HP (decent diameter and deep cavity) and very soft lead that expands quite well. The fired cases smell like Green Tag (likely the same primer and powder combination) and they are generally plenty accurate.
© 24hourcampfire