Home
Posted By: avagadro Lilja barrels .... ??? - 07/15/15
Thinking of adding a 17 HMR barrel to my 77/22. How many folks have used Lilja barrels on a Ruger? Success? Love or hate .... they are $400, so it's a lotta coin to guess.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Lilja barrels .... ??? - 07/15/15
Newer 77/22 barrels are threaded, not clamped slip-fits, just in case you didn't know.
Posted By: Mesabi Re: Lilja barrels .... ??? - 07/16/15
I put a Lilja .17HMR barrel on a 77/22 Magnum that shoots great; I just had it out two days ago. I'm not sure how practical it would be if you have a 77/22 LR.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Lilja barrels .... ??? - 07/16/15
i used a Green Mountain SS fluted sporter on my M77/17 and was very pleased with the performance for 1/2 the cost of that Lija.

Edit:
my bad, you were looking for first hand experiences with the Lija barrel, i have none.
Posted By: avagadro Re: Lilja barrels .... ??? - 07/16/15
Went to GM website and didn't see any options for the HMR .... go figure.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Lilja barrels .... ??? - 07/17/15
Originally Posted by avagadro
Went to GM website and didn't see any options for the HMR .... go figure.

there were several options just a couple months ago. they will ramp up production again on them at some point but that doesn't help you now. midway usa might still have some in stock or brownells.
Posted By: KennyA Re: Lilja barrels .... ??? - 07/18/15
I went the lilja route for HMR, and 22 L.R. Both are excellent shooters. Would not hesitate to do again. Both are V Block.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Lilja barrels .... ??? - 07/18/15
I have Lilja barrels and I have Green Mountain barrels.

With a borescope, the Liljas look better.

On the target.... a guy really have to have a good rifle and be a good shooter to resolve the difference in accuracy. I can't. But that does not mean it is not there.
© 24hourcampfire