Home
Posted By: gluck Using a Boyt case - 08/23/15
I was curious what most people do in regards to carrying their rifle in a case. I have a great little CZ 455 Varmint that I carry in a Boyt Signature Scoped Rifle Case. I almost always leave the sling attached to the rifle and my buddy says I should carry it in the case with the sling off. What do you guys think?
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Using a Boyt case - 08/24/15
Close your eyes and pick one. It matters not a whit which way you stash your rifle in its case.
Posted By: deflave Re: Using a Boyt case - 08/24/15
Originally Posted by gluck
I was curious what most people do in regards to carrying their rifle in a case. I have a great little CZ 455 Varmint that I carry in a Boyt Signature Scoped Rifle Case. I almost always leave the sling attached to the rifle and my buddy says I should carry it in the case with the sling off. What do you guys think?

I think your buddy is a dork.

Travis
Posted By: 1sgLunde Re: Using a Boyt case - 08/24/15
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by gluck

I think your buddy is a dork.

Travis

Agreed!
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Using a Boyt case - 08/24/15
Wrap it up inna pillow case.
Posted By: avagadro Re: Using a Boyt case - 08/24/15
the rifle, the sling or his buddy?
Posted By: dave284 Re: Using a Boyt case - 08/24/15
Why would you take the sling off to store the rifle in a case?

I agree, your buddy is a dork.

Dave.
Posted By: gluck Re: Using a Boyt case - 08/27/15
That's what I thought guys...Thanks! He is way to type A!!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Using a Boyt case - 08/30/15
I wouldn't store it in a case, with or without the sling. Carrying it is another matter.

Long term, case or cabinet/safe, a leather sling laying against blued steel might cause spotting, especially if there's a possibility of any dampness. Happened to my pre64.
© 24hourcampfire