Home
Posted By: Pappy348 RSI finally bites - 09/15/15
Went to the woods for the first time this season. Squirrels came in on Saturday, but it was pouring, and I usually give the woods over to the working stiffs on the weekend. Anyway I saw a total of five, and bagged these two, the first to fall to the 77/22 RSI I picked up last fall. RWS SS HPs did the trick. The one fox squirrel I saw plumb evaded me, as usual.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: RSI finally bites - 09/15/15
Great looking rifle!

I love squirrel hunting! Long live the 17HM2!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: RSI finally bites - 09/15/15
For what it cost, it should be!
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: RSI finally bites - 09/15/15
Pappy if you decide its too expensive of a rifle to hunt tree rats with then please by all means send me a pm and we can discuss my taking it off your hands.
Sorry, not a chance. I sold a very accurate CZ 453 to help finance that little beauty and even though so far it hasn't done nearly as well on paper, it's just too cute to matter. It will likely go to my grandson if he manages to stay out of jail until Pappy goes under.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: RSI finally bites - 09/15/15
Nice looking rifle, Pappy!
Posted By: dave284 Re: RSI finally bites - 09/15/15
Looks tasty, the gun looks good too.

We have two farms in one of the "Sunday legal" counties, I thought about going to one Sunday but there was to much here still needing done. frown

Any warbles?

Dave.
Thankfully no. Hate those things.

My mother told me that when she was a girl the cows would get them on their backs. Whacking the hide hard right beside the hole would pop the nasty little buggers right up in the air!
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: RSI finally bites - 09/25/15
Pappy, They still make the RSI????
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: RSI finally bites - 09/27/15
I think that the 77/22 RSIs were a limited, non-cataloged, run. They show up on Gunbroker from time to time.
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: RSI finally bites - 09/27/15
260 Thanks..
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: RSI finally bites - 09/28/15
They also have some blued .22 Mags, generally for a good bit less money.

Mine was a "gotta have it purchase". Was looking at one online, but my LGS had one left and after shipping and FFL fee, the price was pretty much the same. Plus, The LGS is very good about receiving my online purchases, mostly older stuff, and I like to give him some real business sometimes.
Posted By: WyoHunter10 Re: RSI finally bites - 09/29/15
Pretty rifle and nice pic!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: RSI finally bites - 09/30/15
Also resulted in some good gravy.
© 24hourcampfire