Home
Posted By: Hotload Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/14/15
Just called a local gun store and was told they have lots of Blazer 22LR.
The price is $2.50 / box of 50. They have a 3 box limit. So I need to go
to the store after work today ... and Thursday ... and Friday. mad

I have never shot Blazer 22LR, is it any good ?
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/14/15
I was pleasantly surprised with the performance and lack of issues I had with what little of it I have shot through several rifles. I would buy some more for plinking in a heart beat if I ran across it at low prices.
Posted By: avagadro Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/14/15
my favorite bulk ammo. I stocked up when it was $13/brick. Only 5 bricks left. I find myself shooting SK, Wolf & Norma stuff more so it's not a big deal, except when plinking.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/14/15
In a few of my rifles, I have found blazer to perform well above its price point.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/14/15
I picked up 500 rds last month or so when the price got attractive. Haven't shot it enough to judge it yet, but plan to try it out next few times out.

May have opportunity to get out tomorrow if peripheral crap doesn't get in the way. If I do, I'll try to remember to post results. Probably take a MKII and MKIII.
Posted By: Hotload Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/15/15
I want it for plinking and the price of $2.50 seems about right. smile
Thanks
Posted By: huffmanite Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/15/15
Own a decently accurate 22 target rifle that I use in a monthly competition at range I'm a member. I often do well with the rifle.

Certainly do not use Blazer ammo in it when shooting in a competion. However, it does shoot quite well in it.

Crossed paths at range one day with another gent with a nice 22 target style rifle and he had a highly regarded name brand target 22 ammo on his bench and next to it was a brick box of Blazer. I asked him, "you're not gonna shoot that cheap-a## blazer in that fine rifle, are you?" Guy had a blank look on his face, like he was thinking of an answer to my impertinent Blazer question. Before he could answer, I chuckled and told him Blazer shot well for me in my target 22 rifle. We both agreed, it was decent practice ammo, but it lacked consistently of accuracy of the better match grade ammo.

FWIW, Blazer ammo is made by SPEER and CCI....both are owned by same company...ATK. Never can remember which one, but one is suppose to be better than the other when it comes to consistency of accuracy.

By the way, can't remember ever having a round that didn't fire. Depending on my semi-auto 22 rifle, few feed or jam problems with it.
Posted By: Hotload Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/16/15
The ammo is Made in the USA by CCI/Speer. I like that ! ... and the price is ok.
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/19/15
My 10/22 likes Blazer better than anything else that goes down the tube...local squirrels don't like it much though.
Posted By: Hotload Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/20/15
After work last night I went back to the same gun store. They had sold out
of Blazer 22LR. Good news was they got in a shipment of Federal rimfire.
So I got another 3 boxes ... the limit. I like the ammo but the 3 box limit is a PIA.
Posted By: avagadro Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/20/15
Originally Posted by Hotload
.... I like the ammo but the 3 box limit is a PIA.

I have to agree. Especially when CCI SV is concerned. I have several rifles that like it, but I'll only buy it by the brick at a minimum so it's all from the same lot. Down to my last 1500 rounds of CCI SV, but do see it for sale online now and then so I'm not real worried about it, but may I should be? Looking at my stash I have a total of around 10k (6k bulk and 4k better/target) and honestly I don't feel like a hoarder as I can see me going through that in a month or two or three if I was shooting like I was a few years ago.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/20/15
Mid South Shooters Supply had Blazer ammo for sale the other day. just in case anyone is looking.
Posted By: avagadro Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/20/15
Gone.

Decent price on Norma Match .... how are their shipping charges ... decent? or high?

Thanks
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/20/15
Shipping for 2 bricks of the Norma Tac 22 was $15.59....
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/20/15
Jim, I checked with midsouth about the blazer and they said they never had any..? The pics on their website are kind of screwy right now so maybe a mistake or did you actually get to order some?

I've found midsouth shipping to be reasonable. A case of tac to Cali was $40..

AV, I haven't seen much of a difference at all between tac match and tac in my rifles so can't justify the extra coin for it. Interested to hear if you have different results..?
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/20/15
They were listed as in stock this afternoon when i posted my reply to this thread. However I went on there just now and it seems they are sold out but they still had the Norma TAC listed, just not as cheap!
Posted By: strosfann Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/26/15
I was surprised to find that my very accurate Remington 504 likes Blazer best out of the dozen or so ammo types I've fired with it.
Posted By: strosfann Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/26/15
I was surprised to find that my very accurate Remington 504 likes Blazer best out of the dozen or so ammo types I've fired with it.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/27/15
http://www.midwayusa.com/s?sortby=1...tegorydimensionid=16327&statuses=200

winchester 333 in stock at midway usa for the time being.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/27/15
1/2 inch 10 shot groups @50yds in my savage mk11 and some of those groups are including a flyer sometimes

blazer is excellent ammo for its price

the cci small game bullet is little more accurate

the cci 40 gr minimag is right around 1/2 - 3/4ths stuff

all 1235 fps
and impacting in the same poi area

the cci velocitor 1435fps is extremely accurate in my savage
went 6 clicks down from the blazer,sgb and minimag and did not have to make any windage adjustment from those 3 to the velocitor zero and I will buy any when I see it
puts a hurt on squirrels big time
got a brick of blazer
got a brick of the sgb
got a brick of velocitor
and need to find more 40 gr minimag to have a brick of those
and got a bunch of other top shelf stuff in broken boxes from the past couple of years that is accurate also

but to tell the truth
cci ammo as a whole accuracy wise and price wise
smokes all others hands down

velocitor is friggin great ammo if your rifle shoots it well.

might take a ride over to academy in a little bit see if any minimag is on the shelf
it is Tuesday and that is one of their restock days

its great living in Clarksville tn
midsouth right down the bypass 3 miles from the house
phone in an order, lightup a smoke
ciggerette aint even done by the time I get their
heck ya aint even got to phone in an order if you don't want too
can just walk right in
give em your customer number
sometimes they got ammo on the shelf for sale not listed on the website
and the clearance box on the shelf always has something you might need or want
slumlord was in their one day with me and got a heck of a deal on a box of 6.5-284 nosler ammo
I been in their and they have had those 100 rd boxes of 36 and 40 gr hv winchester stuff that is never listed on the website out on the desk for sale

pretty cool place for us locals................
Posted By: avagadro Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 10/27/15
Originally Posted by renegade50

got a brick of velocitor

How much did a brick of velocitor set you back?

It is so hard NOT to like CCI RF ammo of most Flavors.
it is 6.99 a box at academy
less than 6 a box at midsouth

stuff is very very accurate in my savage
1/4to 3/8ths high by 7/16ths to 1/2 wide 10 shot groups @50 yds
basically a 1/4 inch by 1/2 inch wide rectangle 10 shot group

the standard velocity was academy for 3.99 for bx of 50 last wk

that stuff hits about 3/4ths to 1 inch below the 1235fps cci ammo and it is windage correct
ued to shoot cci sv

it is kinda their standard baseline for accuracy

sv actually outshoots a lot of high end stuff consistently

wish I could post up some pics

but the library has photo bucket blocked.
academy had and I am not exaggerating one bit

at least 4 cases of velocitor 3 weeks ago
and the 2 weeks ago they had more out still

same lot number
cci must have big production run of em for academy nation wide
aint seen em else where

I actually have 13 full boxes and 1 broken one of 30
10 same lot number
the other 4 diff lot number
Posted By: kenoh2 Re: Blazer 22LR Quality ? - 11/01/15
My Marlin 100 prefers CCI Blazer out of about a dozen 22 bulk and target varieties. 2 for 2 in the squirrel department so far.
It was mediocre at best when tried in several other rifles.
© 24hourcampfire