Home
for the money (less than 150 or so), can anybody argue me out of it?

i have a 4x nikon on another .22. Philippines construction. a good scope. but, i'm wanting to try a weaver.

for the money, is there anything better?

The Weaver is about perfect for hunting.
Have used both the Weaver and the Leupold, I like the Leupold more, but it's a bit more cash $70-80 more. The Weavers are nice and I use two of them on 10/22's.
all of this is encouraging. i really like the nikon, it is a 40 mm objective. i'm looking for something closer to the barrel on a squirrel woods rifle.

and my eyes are becoming weaker, so thinking of a 2-7x.

what rings, maybe redfield?

I think I'm using cheap-azz weavers on both ... don't really care for them as I find it difficult to get a level reticle with them, but I had'em so I used'em.
I like Weaver scopes, I would run a 4x but the 2-7 wont suck
I have a few RV7s, but think that for the same price the Nikon ProStaff has better optics. I think that, size wise, the 2-7x28 RV7 is a complementary match to the standard 10/22.
as far as the 2-7 power range goes for a walking in the woods tree rat rifle i think you're spot on. i have a Leupold 2-7 on my M77/22 for that very same reason. that being said i wish i would have picked up the weaver instead. for me the Leupold is too short length wise to get the cheek weld i want with my stock and i have to rubber neck it to get a good view. since i have disc C2 through C6 fused it goes without saying i get neck strain real easy now. nothing wrong optically with that Leupold, it;s just physically too short to mount proper for my needs. the weaver was about a good inch or more longer as i recall last time i looked into it. i plan on picking up one in the near future and i guess i'll give the hand me down Leupold to the son for his 22. i haven't told him that yet though.
hope it all works out for ya gus

I can recommend a better scope

try a sightron s1h in 3-9x40
good eyerelief and exit pupil diameter
which translates into better scope for older eyes
better than a 2-7x28
27 dollars less
midsouthshootersupply has them for 123

I have had these scopes on 50 cal ml,s 45 cal ml,s
myself and slumlord have these on .22 mk11 savages
and they run with the best and are reliable, rugged and hold zero
my current mk11 savage is sporting a factory bushnell "sharpshooter" 3-9x40 which is ok but will be replaced this spring
cause I sold my old one with black synthetic stock and black bull barrel for my new one with green synthetic sock and fluted bull barrel that is duracoated I believe

simple set of weaver bases and their high 4x4 rings with that sightron wil give you a setup that is top notch

imo

but you will have to do some stuff to that 10/22 and spend some money to get high end accuracy outta it.

pm me if ya want to
You may not be able to get it focused at 25 yds or less.
What is the Weaver set for parallax? I really like the Leupold rimfires, however more money. The 2-7x28 (113871,113872) is set parallax free at 60 yards. Just my 2 cents

Originally Posted by MissouriEd

Yep, find a used scope with an AO.
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Originally Posted by MissouriEd

Yep, find a used scope with an AO.

unless i miss understand the intentions of the original poster, he is looking for something a bit more user friendly and lighter for a woods - walking around rifle. the 2-7 variables in rimfire configuration (parallax set to 50 yrds) will end up giving him what he is wanting. i had the same criteria for my tree rat wacker and i immediately ruled out a AO scope for these reasons.
I have a Weaver 2X-7X on two T/C Classic rifles, I like them both and have had no issues. I will continue to use the Weaver rimfire 2X-7x on future 22's.

Doc
tag for my Christmas list
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
as far as the 2-7 power range goes for a walking in the woods tree rat rifle i think you're spot on. i have a Leupold 2-7 on my M77/22 for that very same reason. that being said i wish i would have picked up the weaver instead. for me the Leupold is too short length wise to get the cheek weld i want with my stock and i have to rubber neck it to get a good view. since i have disc C2 through C6 fused it goes without saying i get neck strain real easy now. nothing wrong optically with that Leupold, it;s just physically too short to mount proper for my needs. the weaver was about a good inch or more longer as i recall last time i looked into it. i plan on picking up one in the near future and i guess i'll give the hand me down Leupold to the son for his 22. i haven't told him that yet though.

I don't know what mount system your using but have you thought about a pic rail system to give you more ring location/spacing options?

Just a thunk.

Dave.
Originally Posted by markopolo50
What is the Weaver set for parallax? I really like the Leupold rimfires, however more money. The 2-7x28 (113871,113872) is set parallax free at 60 yards. Just my 2 cents

I believe the Weaver rimfire scopes are set at 50 yards. I use Classic K4x38's on mine(set at 100) and have never had an issue.
I got a p22 Nikon rimfire, duplex with turrets for sale in classifieds. Just don't need it since I got a 10x super chicken. Excellent condition. Check it out if you want a Nikon 2-7x32
doctor_Encore - I've an older Weaver 2-7X recycled from a sold centerfire and mounted it on a 1//22 full stock. Its smaller size does not over power the full stock look at all. Works just fine w/o any issues. In the field it's set at 2-3X while off the bench plinking the 7X is used. Homesteader
I look for 2.5 to 3 power 1" tubes at gun shows for my .22's You get good eye relief and I've had good luck with the low power scopes on my rimfires. Old Weavers you can usually get at a pretty reasonable price. I like a post/crosshair retical, been using them for years
I have 2 weaver v9's and a v10. I don't like the v10, the v9's are better. Parallax is a problem with the v9 I have on a 10-22. I also have a v3 I ran on a mini and a 10-22TD. It fits on the TD well and fits in the bag. Parallax seems to be less of an issue than with the V9, and I tend to leave it on 3x. Plenty of scope for what I do with a 10-22 and it just works well on that size of a gun. For the money I would get a Redfield 2-7. I have one and think it is quite a bit better glass than the weaver v series.
© 24hourcampfire