Home
Posted By: OldRooster Vertical Stringing...??? - 11/07/15
I had my CZ 452 varmint out and was enjoying the huge improvement that the YoDave trigger kit made. It was shooting nice little groups then all of a sudden began vertical stringing - like 3-4". Windage is fine but the vertical is whacko. My gunsmith friend thinks it's the scope. Everything is tight....? Before I start messing with a very good shooting rifle I'd appreciate any ideas /input you all may have to offer.
Posted By: drover Re: Vertical Stringing...??? - 11/07/15
Listen to your gunsmith - eliminate the obvious, put a known good scope on and give it a try. Everything may be tight on the outside but that doesn't mean that you don't have an issue inside the scope.

drover
What drover said!!!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Vertical Stringing...??? - 11/09/15
One more vote for the scope. It's the only thing that explains the sudden change, unless you over-cranked something while putting it back together and that suddenly let go -not likely.
Thanks guys. Changing out the scope tonite,
Posted By: RJM Re: Vertical Stringing...??? - 11/22/15
...and so what happened?
Bob, haven't gotten back to the range yet. I've been focused on getting ready for deer season with a young guy who hasn't hunted before. I'll let you know as soon as I get it out to the range. I like the rifle a lot. Heck
of a shooter.

d.
© 24hourcampfire