Home
IT seems that in these parts, 22RF of both the LR and the WMR varieties is now readily available again. The local Cascade store has had some REM 'bucket of bullets' 1600+ rounds of HP come in, several 525 packs of 22LR Golden Bullet HP, and I have been buying my one pack a day allotment of CC Mini mag HP 22LR ammo for several days in a row lately.

Also, I am seeing quite a bit of CCI 22WMR ammo out and around.

This is a great sign that the ammo companies are beginning to be able to meet demand, but I sure hope that my brothers and sisters here at 24hrcf are seeing this as well.

How are things in your part of the world? Able to find and buy plated, high velocity HP 22LR and or Magnum again?
Not much reasonably priced rimfire ammo in Omaha. Cabela's has a lot of Norma Match-22, $88 for 500, and Tac-22, $65 for 500. Availability at every other retail outlet is, no pun intended, pretty much hit or miss.
I live in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, north of Seattle.
In my local stores, I can now walk in and reasonably expect to see "some" store-stock, and 1/2 of it reasonably priced.

Let's hope this is the starting road back to something sane.

No.
Originally Posted by Old_Crab
I live in the Puget Sound area of Washington State, north of Seattle.
In my local stores, I can now walk in and reasonably expect to see "some" store-stock, and 1/2 of it reasonably priced.

Let's hope this is the starting road back to something sane.

Agreed. Maybe what I am seeing is regional since you and I live in the PNW, near the CCI plant.

I have been told that CCI makes the brass, or cases, for nearly all 22RF is made at the CCI plant. Not sure how accurate that is.
I can get all the Remington 22 LR I want, rather use Federal
Not much in NW Pa.
CCI and Rem golden bullet in stock at the LGS at norm prices.
Prices are close to normal but supply is very spotty. Walmart is a no-go. I never see any .22 ammo there. Academy shelves are empty, but the main stock clerk says that there is plenty in the back waiting to be put out for Black Friday.
I can find 22 lr target grade and a few other randoms, but the bulk ammo is still very limited in my area.

I am still waiting to see 17 HM2!
I gave up looking locally years ago, as the good quality stuff I prefer was either not even carried or priced out of reach. About a year ago I saw some Stingers on the shelf in my LGS and asked for a couple of boxes without asking the price. Turnd out they were $9.95. This shop isn't a gouger, so I expect they just passed on their increased cost.

Since my kids are grown, I don't need multiple bricks anymore, so I just buy decent stuff, from MiniMags on up, and I buy online.

Originally Posted by deflave

TFF.

[Linked Image]

To the original question:

No.

Why they are found in some parts of the country and not in others seems beyond comprehension.

Paul
Not here
No
No, especially not the variety we used to see. I haven't seen the CCI SGB in years, which I miss because my favorite .22 puts them all in one hole and the flat point makes it especially deadly. some guy in Baltimore advertises it on GB, he must have bought it all when CCI stopped making it.
I keep hearing how the .17 HM2 is the best squirrel rifle ever made, but I haven't seen any ammo on line or off, so I've never had the chance to try it. HMR seems to be available, so I shoot that some.
Originally Posted by Hogeye
No, especially not the variety we used to see. I haven't seen the CCI SGB in years, which I miss because my favorite .22 puts them all in one hole and the flat point makes it especially deadly. some guy in Baltimore advertises it on GB, he must have bought it all when CCI stopped making it.

Roll your own.

http://www.reedercustomguns.com/revolvers/flatnose.htm

Last week I was at Walmart looking at something else when I checked sporting goods (at 2 PM).
The clerk was stocking 100 packs of Remington "Golden" .22s.
I ask if they ever got CCI, and he pulled out 2 100 packs of Mini Mag solids. I got them for $7.29 each.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Hogeye

Roll your own.

http://www.reedercustomguns.com/revolvers/flatnose.htm

Paco Kelly also sells a FN tool. Easy to use.
I been doing this by using a Redding neck bushing
I am pretty near out of SGB, I will have to do that. But, at least the last batch of SGB I bought, was the most accurate stuff that old rifle ever saw.
[Linked Image]...[Linked Image]

I use Paco's tool. At first I used the Nastinose - a big honkin' HP maker - but now, all I use is the dish nose. It flattens the meplats and puts a shallow dish on the bullet.

In both pix, the original cartridge is in the middle, flanked by altered meplats.

The dish nose is shown in the picture on the left. In the picture on the right, you can see the Nastinose HP maker. It produces a large HP. The far right cartridge has had the dish nose formed with the original factory HP.

https://www.303british.com/id61.html

You can see what I got here. I passed no judgments, just asked for opinions. Dozens of people wrote and there were varied opinions on performance. The only thing I know is the accuracy did not suffer using the dish nose punch, fed normally but made bigger wounds.
I am happy to report that I have purchased 5,000 22LR in the past week.

Academy is selling 525 bulk packs of WW 22HP for $27.99. Limit 2 packs.

Between my wife and I, we got 6 bulk packs earlier this week in Houston...then snagged 4 more at an Academy in Austin today.

In all, I have added 8,000 rounds to the stash in the past month (WW, Federal and Remington).

I am feeling much better about my inventory now...heck, I might actually go out plinking with the rimfires for the first time in 5 or 6 years!

22 Mag is very tough here though. I had to search all over town to find some FMJ target ammo from S&B. And it was nearly $17/50!

Tim
I just came from a store called "The White Elephant" in Spokane and was able to grab FOUR boxes of Hornaday Critical Defense 45gr flex tip HP 22WMR ammo for only $13.50/box! I am pretty pleased with that find.

While I have been able to grab some types of 22WMR ammo, the excellent Critical Defense ammo has been a LONG time off of any shelves that I could locate, and it really does significantly outperform anything else in a 22WMR handgun.
Safariman
I'll make you a deal on some 22 ammo. $20/brick.

In the interest of full disclosure, bullets and powder are not included.
Safariman: Not here in western Montana - I see some "duds" like Remington SHORT hollow-points but they are VERY expensive and useless to me.
I also see some CCI shorts and foreign made 22 stuff but nothing priced fairly or usable to me.
I am seeing MORE of this "dud" stuff of late though, but again no help to me.
Its been 38 (thirty eight!) months now of this shortage/manufacturing conundrum!
In 38 (thirty eight!) months I have NOT seen ANY Winchester 40 grain Power-Point (hollow-points) on a stores shelves in the 7 (seven!) states I have traveled through during that time!
Lots of 17 HMR though where all I travel to of recent.
I am very happy for you and your Cascade store - YOU did not mention the prices you paid for the "buckets" and the "cartons" of Remington Golden bullets - I hope the prices YOU paid also made you happy.
Wishing things were different for the New Year.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Not a steady supply around here lately. Poor grade 22 lr and no 22 mag. I have been looking for Wolf match target at a reasonable price. I am still looking. Good shooting
Varmint Guy, we are in much the same boat as you.. The Wyo. stores don't off much more than what you have described.. Then at higher price than I will pay..

I have picked up several thousand rounds of Rem. HPLR, and WW HPLR ammo over the last year.. Despite what folks say, I have had good success with the Rem ammo.. It is NOT CCI, but I have killed many thousands of gophers with it.. If I could get CCI at a fair price, I would opt for it.. Most of my best buys however were on a trip in the upper mid west early last summer.. Haven't been out of the Wy/MtId area since that time.. I have found NO reasonable buys on ammo in this area..

Fortunately, I have enough for my needs, but right now there doesn't seem to be a chance to replace my supply as I shoot it up.. We have NEVER as far as I know had a good supply of WW Power Points.. I have a little stash of odds and ends ammo that I picked up for one reason or another.. Years ago I bought 2 bricks of Power Point.. Shot one away, but still have the other.. I would like a bit more, but it is rare stuff in this country..
WyoCoyoteHunter: I very well remember the somewhat rarity of Winchester Power-Points even prior to October 2,012 (when hussein obama was being re-elected or it was sure it was gonna happen) and THIS shortage started.
These wonderful 22 L.R. hollow-points have shot, at least, WELL in every Rifle and pistol I have ever shot them in!
Yeah they were kind of rare back then but I could find enough to keep my several higher quality rimfire Varmint Rifles and pistols shooting when I wanted.
Nowadays I never see them on store shelves (and I get into a LOT of stores!) but only see them at gunshows on occasion - and then they are priced to high or completely out of sight!
A year or two ago I saw some 37 grain Winchester Power-Points on a shelf but my best guns are sighted in with the 40 grainers.
Stay warm down Wyoming way.
Yesterday I helped some friends break tent camp and load Elk and it was 12 degrees below zero when we started and just 5 above when we finished.
Hope you find some Winnies soon.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Grafs has the lowest prices and best selection I have found.
Originally Posted by lapua6547

Thanks, I might look them up. After this latest debacle, I am now going to be stocking up more than I have in the past.
Are you talking about your latest debacle or the ammo debacle?
Originally Posted by SLM
Are you talking about your latest debacle or the ammo debacle?

Haha!
We are the cause of the .22 ammo shortage.

We can easily buy as much .22 ammo as we want. http://ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr

I'll bet most of us on this thread had plenty of .22 ammo before this even started, still have plenty, and will have plenty for the rest of our lives.

If we all stopped hoarding everything would be back to normal in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by safariman

Thanks, I might look them up. After this latest debacle, I am now going to be stocking up more than I have in the past.

That's wonderful to hear.

Dave
Not seeing any increase in supply here, and don't even think about buying any .22 WMR. Can't find any.
I get my 22 from a distributor so I've not had much trouble. 22 Magnum on the shelf around here seems like a historical myth.
Buck_: You're dreaming!
I personally know the owners of MANY gunshops in 5 western states and they tell me, and have been telling me for some time, that the shipments in response to orders they make for 22 L.R. ammo is no where near what they received BEFORE October of 2,012!
And if you think 8 to 15 cents a round for 22 ammo PLUS the expensive shipping is "just ducky" - then YOU have another think needed!
I don't think this shortage is "just ducky" and I don't think this SHORTAGE that started INSTANTLY in October of 2,012 is/was caused by hoarding!
I will stop buying 22 L.R. hollow-point ammo WHEN I have a full lifetime supply no matter WHAT you are dreaming about.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
In Colorado I see 22LR fairly regularly but certainly not well stocked. I just paid $28.00 for a 500 brick.
They haven't ramped up 22 ammo production, yet everyone wants 30k in ammo in their possession. Pretty easy to figure out the problem.

I went to the local store the other day to see what's what on the black friday deals, and there was 22 ammo on the shelf. The dude working the counter automatically assumes I want some 22 ammo so starts putting the boxes on the counter. I told him I'm good on the ammo, but the other guys at the counter might want it instead. Funny thing is, they all said they were good to as they had about 30-35k each sitting at home. And that was like 3 or 4 guys.

30K is a bit extreme, I agree. And yes this is a big part of the problem.

I have about 2,000 rounds and am pretty happy with that. I only need to keep THAT many in reserve because I love blasting ground squirrels in the spring and early summer and that can eat up a bunch of .22 rounds.

Just glad to be seeing more and more on the shelves of late. I hope that you folks in other parts of the US start seeing it like I am or better. Brighter days are coming!

Oh, FWIW Freedom Munitions is selling CI brand 22LR, plated round nose, pretty cheap and NO LIMIT on how much one can buy. One of thier loadings is a 35gr bullet at 1500fps. Might be pretty deadly on small stuff.
Well, I hit Sportsmans in Kalispell, the only thing they had was Fed Auto Match --

for 50

$11.00 a box.

YGBSM.
I've got a few Winchester boxes of 222 rounds (22 lr plated HP)I can let members have for 12.50 plus actual shipping. It is starting to show up at Walmart locally in plentiful supply. I hope you all are finding what you need.
Shipping the Ammo....I bought a few bricks when I visited the East Coast. How can I get it back to the West Coast, and then how can I LEGALLY get it back to the West Coast?

I'm not paying $23 in HazMat to ship 525 rounds of .22 LR. I think Mom stuck a box in my UPS shipped Xmas gift. We will see if it shows up.
Ammo doesn't require a hazmat fee. Ship it UPS or Fedex ground.
The only thing I need are CCI quiets. I can't find them anywhere for a reasonable price.

Dink
Originally Posted by doubletap
Safariman
I'll make you a deal on some 22 ammo. $20/brick.

In the interest of full disclosure, bullets and powder are not included.

SM's kind of deal. Usually screwing someone to his favor, but his kind of deal nonetheless.
We were seeing some around here, not a lot but usually a few boxes. More of the match than the cheaper stuff. Was at Cabelas today and none to be found.
Dink, I bought some Quiets some where in my travels last year they are the segmented ones.. I think I got them in Pa.

We came though central Wy. last week one store had lots of .22 ammo, but mostly the high priced match ammo.. Like $70/brick..

Yesterday I was down town at our little sporting goods store and they had CCI MINI MAG HOLLOW POINTS!!!! I couldn't believe it.. They only had a case and the 100 rd packs were $11.95!! I didn't buy any, but at least it is out there, but at almost $60.00/ brick pretty expensive..
30K is a bit extreme, I agree. And yes this is a big part of the problem.

I have about 2,000 rounds and am pretty happy with that. I only need to keep THAT many in reserve because I love blasting ground squirrels in the spring and early summer and that can eat up a bunch of .22 rounds.

Just glad to be seeing more and more on the shelves of late. I hope that you folks in other parts of the US start seeing it like I am or better. Brighter days are coming!

Oh, FWIW Freedom Munitions is selling CI brand 22LR, plated round nose, pretty cheap and NO LIMIT on how much one can buy. One of thier loadings is a 35gr bullet at 1500fps. Might be pretty deadly on small stuff.

30k, LOL you don't want to walk I'm my gun room then, it will make your eyes pop out if you think 30k is extreme. But in all fairNess I had this from many years ago like late 1990's and early 2000. Been buying cheap stuff for the youth shooting club I run. Have 508 boxes Federal Auto match for the club but I'm not sure if we are going to use it now with some squib loads we been getting. Bass Pro in Harrisburg had Federal Auto match yesterday for $19.99 a box and had alot of it with a 2 box limit per day

This will get things started again.
I have finally seen some 22 LR here in central and eastern Oregon (some Rem bulk boxes) priced about 2X the pre-crunch amount. Also a couple brands I've never heard of. None of the Win's or American Eagles though that my rifles are fond of, and essentially none in the mom n pop stores yet.

I have about 10K pre-cruch rds on hand and still have a sense of being short. A good day in the spring ground squirrel fields can consume 500rds, and I do things in single shot mode.

Historically, I've done 10 to 12,000 rds each spring, but not any more. Also, took the guns out of the safe and put that ammo in there.
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
Shipping the Ammo....I bought a few bricks when I visited the East Coast. How can I get it back to the West Coast, and then how can I LEGALLY get it back to the West Coast?

I'm not paying $23 in HazMat to ship 525 rounds of .22 LR. I think Mom stuck a box in my UPS shipped Xmas gift. We will see if it shows up.

There is no haz mat on ammo. If I die tomorrow there won't be a shortage of 22's in PA, my wife don't know what it's worth and will give it away.
Originally Posted by 1minute
I have finally seen some 22 LR here in central and eastern Oregon (some Rem bulk boxes) priced about 2X the pre-crunch amount. Also a couple brands I've never heard of. None of the Win's or American Eagles though that my rifles are fond of, and essentially none in the mom n pop stores yet.

I have about 10K pre-cruch rds on hand and still have a sense of being short. A good day in the spring ground squirrel fields can consume 500rds, and I do things in single shot mode.

Historically, I've done 10 to 12,000 rds each spring, but not any more. Also, took the guns out of the safe and put that ammo in there.

500 rounds in a morning on a good day, invite me out I'll bring the ammo for us.
I officially declare the 22lr shortage over in Northern Ohio.
There was more rimfire ammo on the shelves at the shops I visited this morning than I have seen in a couple years.

Full shelves and stacks on the floor of CCI SV, mini-mag, Velocitor, Stinger, etc...
American Eagle, Winchester, Federal bulk packs
Good selection of higher end stuff as well.

Two shelves full of Remington 1400 round buckets $70.77 at Walmart.
Not here in Iowa.
I saw some .22lr CCI Stingers at a local Walmart this afternoon. They also had some .22 shorts. Was thinking the early morning crew of hoarders/gougers must be getting a little picky.
Scheels in billings generally has 100 rd packs and quite often 325 round boxes too
Rarely don't have any in stock.
The same can't be said for 22mag
Was just at Cabela's in Scarbrough, Maine...they had nothing. Stopped at Kittery Trading post and their rimfire shelf was full.

It was all Federal and CCI with a little Aguila. What I would still like to know is where is all the Remington and Winchetesr. Have only seen smattering here and there for the last two years.

Price:
CCI MiniMag solids: $29.95 for 300

Federal AutoMatch: (?) $19.95 for 325...

Don't remember the others...

Bob
Depressing. Minis for 10 cents a shot, and they aren't even HPs. Sheeeeeeeesh.
Originally Posted by RJM
Was just at Cabela's in Scarbrough, Maine...they had nothing. Stopped at Kittery Trading post and their rimfire shelf was full.

It was all Federal and CCI with a little Aguila. What I would still like to know is where is all the Remington and Winchetesr. Have only seen smattering here and there for the last two years.

Price:
CCI MiniMag solids: $29.95 for 300

Federal AutoMatch: (?) $19.95 for 325...

Don't remember the others...

Bob

Remington are down here in PA, you can have that crap.
All: Just 2 days ago (12/23/2,015) went to a gun shop about 90 miles from my home and they had a pretty full shelf of C.C.I. 22 L.R. ammo!
It was NOT cheap!
$9.65 for a 100 pack of C.C.I. Mini-Mag hollow-points.
One of my travel mates bought some.
I am sighted in with Federal bulk pack hollow-points in half my Rifles and Winchester Power-Points in the more ritzy other half.
Again have NOT seen the Winchester Power-Points on a store shelf in "for-ever".
Once I got back to my home town gun shop that day, the owner had a nifty Christmas present for me - it was a Christmasy gift boxed factory 3 pack of Federal 22 L.R.'s!
There are three 100 packs of Federal long rifles in this Christmas pack.
What a nice gift/thought from him.
Hoping for better selection in 2,016.
I got a call from a close friend in SW Washington yesterday and a store somewhere around Dayton, Washington had Hornady 17 HMR ammo on sale for $9.99 a box - limit two, so he and his daughter came home with four boxes.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
CCI-HP are going at 11.95 here in town..
Sometime in November, Mid South had Norma Tac22 on sale for 49.99/brick + shipping. Reg price was 59.99.

Always looking for a replacement of Wolf Target Match, which I can't seem to find anymore, I bought a brick of Norma Tac22.

Well the Tac22 worked out so well, ended up buying a case of the stuff. I figure if I can hold 1-1/2 to 2 min at 200 yds it's worth going after. The rifle I used is a slightly upgraded, but full sized 22 Trapdoor Carbine. The ammo also shoots quite well in my 1885 Winchester, also upgraded with a Rem 580 barrel (liner).

Tac22 is very good ammo for the money. Watch for it, as it comes on sale occasionally.
1195 for 100 Minimag HPS?
YGBSM.
Yes, and they have sold about half a case!!
When is Obama gonna be gone and Hitlery retired?
Has anyone seen any of the new CCI Suppressor load?
Originally Posted by tmitch

What bout the Federal 45grs suppressor rounds too

What about the Federal 45grs suppressor rounds too?
I haven't tried the Norma Tac-22. I see Midway has it in stock at $65 per brick of 500, plus shipping.
Interesting read here. Never thought about it in regards to upping rim fire production.

https://www.sofmag.com/why-cant-i-find-22-ammo
Interesting indeed... Good points in that article..
No, Haven't seen any here except one place that is triple what it should be.
Originally Posted by SShooterZ
Interesting read here. Never thought about it in regards to upping rim fire production.

It basically stated the obvious: "Demand has increased dramatically yet no large American ammunition maker has added a new rimfire ammunition plant."
The domestic munitions industry have sat on it's hands hoping the demand is temporary (going on 4 yrs!?), unwilling to invest in expansion, wilst the arms makers have pumped hundreds of thousands of rimfire semiautos into the market creating an even larger demand. All they've done is flog their existing equipment to run 24/7 which, as anyone in manufacturing will tell you, is a most inefficient method of increasing output over an extended period of time. As long as they keep their heads stuck in the sand denying the demand is permanent, refusing to invest in favor of short term profits, the market as it is today will be the norm. In my area, it sucks.
Originally Posted by SShooterZ

It basically stated the obvious: "Demand has increased dramatically yet no large American ammunition maker has added a new rimfire ammunition plant."
The domestic munitions industry have sat on it's hands hoping the demand is temporary (going on 4 yrs!?), unwilling to invest in expansion, wilst the arms makers have pumped hundreds of thousands of rimfire semiautos into the market creating an even larger demand. All they've done is flog their existing equipment to run 24/7 which, as anyone in manufacturing will tell you, is a most inefficient method of increasing output over an extended period of time. As long as they keep their heads stuck in the sand denying the demand is permanent, refusing to invest in favor of short term profits, the market as it is today will be the norm. In my area, it sucks.

Thanks. This about the most cogent summary I have seen, and the part I have highlighted gets little attention.

The standard theme from the industry is to put most of the blame on hoarders, who supposedly stand in line to snap up the trickle of .22s that arrive at retail outlets. Just a part of the picture, at best. Little is said about what is going on between the beginning and end point of the supply chain.

The free market works in the long run, but not like a well-oiled machine, and it ain't always pretty.

Paul
I'm seeing more but I wouldn't call it an influx. Bass Pro at the Pyramid in Memphis had some this past weekend.
There's likely a nugget of truth in most views of this situation, but I think the scrounges sucking up the plinking ammo at the discount stores are the biggest contributors to the problem. By taking cheap ammo out of the regular supply stream, they drive folks up the quality ladder to mid-range ammo for plinking, which creates shortages in that price range which causes folks to binge buy and hoard when they can until they think they have "enough", whatever they perceive that to be. Undoubtedly, some otherwise normal folks have gone a little nuts and "enough" never comes. Several people have posted here admitting to having more than they ever can use. Higher end stuff has remained available throughout this mess with the cut-off point point around $8 per 50, too rich for the scrounges to invest in. Preppers likely play a part, accumulating ammo not only for their own Doomsday needs, but as trade goods for the end-of-times economy they expect.

The part I find funny is that O'Keefe takes the industry to task for not being willing to invest billions of dollars of their investors' money in accordance with his "expert" notions of the market. Seems to me that the ammo companies pay lots of good money to people to determine what the market is. Maybe he needs to offer his services to them. My "expert" notion is that if enough shooters stop buying ammo from the scrounges, they will dry up and blow away, and eventually the market will restore to normal.

Meanwhile, I continue to find all the .22s I need online, at reasonable prices, and have yet to stand in line anywhere for crap ammo. Any opportunity to avoid the sad display of societal decay at Whatamart is a bonus.
Starting to see some .22lr show up at various stores in Southern Oregon. The price is at least double if not more than before the obummer scare.
Just picked up 2 cases of Federal (525) bulk pacs today. Had a good selection of other stuff too for the new year. Will more likly put these 20 bulk pack on here for sale, don't really need this.
So far, I've been able to buy what I need without resorting to buying Remington rimfire stuff, which I don't care to use in any of my rimfires. Remington's reputation for rimfire ammo is now so bad that you can find it almost anywhere you look. I could use Remington if I had to, but I haven't had to resort to that, yet.

The supply of my favorite stuff is loosening up a bit, I can usually find it if I go looking for it, and other suitable substitutes if I can't find that particular load.

Meantime, I've got some old production WW Power Points, some of the Aguila "Mexican Mini-Mags" and Winchester 555 bulk packs and Federal AutoMatch to plink with, so I've not been completely out of .22 shooting when I wanted to do so.

I'd like to see the prices drop back to pre-Obama times, but that ain't gonna happen, so I'm going to suck it up and pay what I have to pay, for what I want to use.
Lots of Federal Automatch..........random CCI shorts....a few mini mags..........Remington Thunder Duds........etc.

I am not in need and apparently most in my area aren't any more either...............(probably never were in need)

It's abundant here..........local BiMart has it EVERY DAY and has for 2 months.

They usually have CCI standard, CCI shorts, CCI mini mags.........occassionally the 325 packs of Fed Auto match.

Not always, but every week I see some of one of those flavors.

.22 magnum on the other hand...............GOOD LUCK
Originally Posted by gemby58
Just picked up 2 cases of Federal (525) bulk pacs today. Will more likly put these 20 bulk pack on here for sale, don't really need this.

Don't need them, but buying them up anyway. Nice. Keep on
helping to keep the supply short for your area. Nice. May your
sales here amount to more than "0".
Originally Posted by DannoBoone
[quote=gemby58]Just picked up 2 cases of Federal (525) bulk pacs today. Will more likly put these 20 bulk pack on here for sale, don't really need this.

sales here amount to more than "0". [/quote

I buy from a wholesaler. I have a shop, and I have a good selection in the shop. Will be selling these 20 boxes for $19.67 each. I help guys on here that can't find or have problems finding any that's why I pick it up. If I don't buy from my wholesaler I might lose my place in line. People in my area do have a place to buy. ME if I don't sell on here I will in my shop.
[quote=gemby58]Just picked up 2 cases of Federal (525) bulk pacs today. Will more likly put these 20 bulk pack on here for sale, don't really need this.

I buy from a wholesaler. I have a shop, and I have a good selection in the shop. Will be selling these 20 boxes for $19.67 each. I help guys on here that can't find or have problems finding any that's why I pick it up. If I don't buy from my wholesaler I might lose my place in line. People in my area do have a place to buy. ME if I don't sell on here I will in my shop.

Gemby,

Got any CCI Quiets?

Dink
Originally Posted by DINK

Gemby,

Got any CCI Quiets?

Dink

Dink I can get quiets 22`s there around
Never been a shortage of any brand in my part of the world.

Gemby,

Got any CCI Quiets?

Dink

Dink I can get quiets 22`s there around

I would be interested in a case but I am cheap. If you get any at decent price let me know maybe we can work something out.

Dink

Gemby,

Got any CCI Quiets?

Dink

Available in Midway's website right now.
Link.
Haven't checked in here in awhile.

The answer to the OP's question is still "No".

Paul
plenty of ammo to be had in the Clarksville tn and fort Campbell ky areas

at least for now

academy is the place to go
My local Walmart in Frankfort KY still has it intermittently. At least they have a 3 box limit to reduce the early morning clean outs of the past.

On Monday afternoon they had Winchester LR SX and WMR .40 gr. HPs. I bought 3 of the latter and it is as good as always.

Yesterday morning they had nothing, but today they had Stingers which I didn't buy. Prices were new normal.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Gemby,

Got any CCI Quiets?

Dink

Link.

Darn it. I missed them.

Thanks for the link.

Dink
Cabela's online is showing Quiet in stock right now, limit 5 boxes. It probably won't last long.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Gemby,

Got any CCI Quiets?

Dink

Link.

Darn it. I missed them.

Thanks for the link.

Dink

Local Walmarts had a bunch of CCI 22 Magnums in stock when i was in the store last week
The stores around here still don't seem to have any. At Hawkeye Downs last weekend there seemed to be quite a bit for sale at $50 for 500 instead of the previous $70 for 500.
Availability is still spotty and usually Remington
Nothing, zilch, nada.
After a very long chronic dry spell, the local Walmart actually had some Federal Automatch, which I bought, and what looked like a bit of CCI Mini-Mag HP.

They put their ammo in a glass case in back of the counter so it's hard for old eyes to read the writing on the boxes.

Paul
Still very spotty. Sometimes about normal prices but usually a bit higher
I've been seeing a nice influx of good 22 ammo and normal prices again.
Local WM had some CCI CB shorts yesterday. Clerk said it was the only rimfire they got in January. LGS has some Aguilla high velocity, CCI Green loads and some 325 pack Fed auto match @ $35. Local hardware had a brick of Rem Thunderduds for $59. I don't call it normal yet.
Nowhere in WNC or Upstate SC.
tmitch - same situation here in So. Fla. Chances upon finding .22LR very slim to none. Homesteader
Ditto. What was a pretty good supply blowing through has pretty much dissipated in south FL. Glad I stocked up when I could.
Still kinda spotty here in SW MO, or Springfield anyway. BP has some and Academy and Wally world but you have to get it pretty quick.
Here in SW Utah it's still spotty at best.

Can't believe anybody would stand in line at 6:00 a.m. at Walmart for the possibility of being allowed to buy one measly box, but that's what "they" claim is the main cause of the ongoing shortage. Sportsman's had a run of mostly Aguila recently, after a long dry spell.

Word on the street (or range) is that a couple of local retailers have a supply, but sell it only along with purchase of a firearm. Makes business sense, I suppose.

Paul
Paul,

Apparently you've never seen people calling or texting friends when they find rimfire ammo at a store. In fact they often take a photo and send it too, to show exactly what's on the shelves. People also often post here when they find rimfire in a store. The word gets out quickly, and people often show up with family of friends to each buy their allowed limit.

Have seen this several times, the last time at a Wal-Mart late last summer. I was there to pick up some reloading stuff, because our local Wal-Mart has a small but decent selection, and there was some sort of .22 Long Rifle ammo on the shelves. He took a photo and then started texting, but only after putting the allowed two boxes in his shopping cart.
Was starting to look good here in dec. but seems to have dryed up again, going rate seemed to be $5.99 a box of 50.
Was in Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday and there was a good supply of most every kind of component - powder, primers and bullets. New brass was still not in full supply but getting better. Actually they had plenty of everything if you wanted Nosler or Hornady brass.

But no .22's. I just glanced at the .22 case and there were a few boxes of higher dollar target ammo but no regular shootable stuff.

Good thing my friends text me when they find some.... wink (just kidding, I hoarded all I needed in between the Obama I and II shortages)
It is still pretty scarce at Walmart but I did manage to pick up 3 boxes of CCI Stingers before Christmas and 3 boxes of CCI 40 grain WMR hollow points this morning. When I bought the Stingers a guy was buying a .22 rifle for a grandkid or something and I told him he needed to grab the Stingers while he could.

It appears to me that CCI manufactures and ships in batches of a particular type of ammo. So, for example, if you see some Mini Mags on the shelf or online, you usually can compile a quantity of it if you hit all your local stores or online sources as soon as you first find it. Then, you have to wait until the next batch hits or pay a scalper price.

The supply is getting better if you don't mind having a grab bag of different kinds of ammo.
MD, no, I can't say that I've seen the phoning and texting from Walmart because a staff member told me that they get their shipments early on Sat. or Sunday, and I'm not about to drive 10 miles that early to stand in line. So, it may well happen. On those rare occasions when I've been able to buy my allotted one box limit at WM it's just been happenstance in the middle of the day.

One strange encounter I had at WM was with a customer who said he worked at the big local WM distribution center and that he'd seen many pallets of .22 ammo, but had no idea where they went and ended up. It still seems like a strange pipeline and distribution system.

The local Sportsmans Warehouse's current policy is to put it out on the shelf at random times, with a three box limit per customer. Seems to work reasonably well and at least prevents the line-up until it's gone game.

Paul
I may be old and retired, but my time is still too valuable to waste it chasing the ammo dream at Whatamart. Just bought a nice .22 airgun for practice at home. .017 per shot for Crosman Premiers on Amazon, delivered to my door. .177 would be cheaper yet, but I might want to whack something and the .22 is a thumper.
When I read these tales of rationing of virtually non-existent .22 ammo at Walmart I give thanks once again for not having set foot in one of those stores since back around 2010. I swore then I would never go back and I haven't. God I hate those places.
I go every 3 or 4 months, but options around here are limited unless you're willing to drive a bit. More and more, I shop online where I can get exactly what I need, usually in 2 days or so. Saves time, gas, money, and aggravation. You go to the store for something and after wandering around for a half hour they tell you that they can have it in a week or so, unless it's "seasonal", which means fuggedaboutit. Buying online saves two trips and often money too. Used to be the guys in the store knew all about what they sold, but for the most part, that ship sailed long ago.

Costco, Food Lion, and Amazon get about 90% of my business. Midway and Graf's get about half of the rest.
Haven't dropped by the LGS for a while (he's only open on Saturdays), but I owed him some money so I dropped by yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount and variety of .22 LR ammo. We got to talking (which is why I usually drop by), and he told me that he simply works the internet and buys whatever is available.

He also told me that several of his suppliers have ceased shipping case lots of .22 rimfire, as they too often disappear en route. If they can't do pallets, they break case lots into two or three smaller shipments. This could have something to do with the prices staying high.
Really? 5 pages and no scantily clad young lasses? you guys are slipping.
In south east Oregon, no.
ft Campbell px this morning
fed lighting 2.99 bx
fed champion 3.49 bx
cci ar 22 21.99 bx 300
cci sv 3.29 bx

might go pick up 2-3 bricks of that lighting spray and pray stuff and use for some trading for some cci velocitor or 40 gr mini mag equal value amount

then again I aint look around Clarksville today either

plenty to be had around here
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Really? 5 pages and no scantily clad young lasses? you guys are slipping.

Sir, you clearly have us mixed up with some lowbrow types on another site.😛
© 24hourcampfire