Home
Posted By: FieldGrade NAA - 07/06/16
Anyone have/had one....like em...hate em....
I don't know why but after looking at them on line for a couple of days I can't get that little Sheriff in WMR off my mind...
Posted By: 700LH Re: NAA - 07/06/16
Had the smallest one in 22LR over 20 years now, most of that time in my front change pocket, kept hammer down on a empty chamber.
It's about like a pocket knife, there every day, all day.
Guys laugh at em online, but my experience is they can, and are very lethal.
Might take a couple of shots to hit a snake, but will kill rattlers back in a bush, or one shot coup de grace for big critters, and whatnot.

Good info here, can compare 22LR, then 22WMR from short barrels.

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/22.html
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: NAA - 07/07/16
Thanks man....I don't know why but now that Idaho allows CC for one and all I feel like I should have a little pocket pistol but I'm not much of a commando and pretty eccentric so naturally I'm drawn to these like a moth to a flame....
Plus....I love the WMR (told you I was eccentric)...and they're cheap...and I haven't bought a gun for myself for 6-8 yrs now....

Wish they made them with a blued finish.....
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: NAA - 07/07/16
And case colored frames.... smile
Posted By: tmitch Re: NAA - 07/07/16
I feel the same way about the little break open model they came out with.

Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: NAA - 07/08/16
Have had several over the years, 22LR and 22 Mag.

Presently have the smallest one made, a 22 short.

I've been known to pack it in a shirt pocket.

Actually hit a Grouse with one several years back.
Bet I was as surprised as it was!

Virgil B.
Posted By: Timbo Re: NAA - 07/08/16
I had a nice little group of them at one time. I had them in 22 short, 22LR, 22WMR, and the two black powder versions. I even went so far as to have a friend make a nice wooden display case for them once. But like most things, my interests switched over time and I sold them all. For me they were a novelty item.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: NAA - 07/19/16
Sorry, just saw this thread.

Here is some info on testing that I did I with my Pug in .22 WMR. NAA Pug
Posted By: dale06 Re: NAA - 07/24/16
Just bought a LR version w/ 1 1/8 inch barrel.
Doubt it has much practical use but an interesting piece.
Have not had a chance to shoot mine yet.
Posted By: HE112 Re: NAA - 07/30/16
I have had the dual model, with the .22 RF and .22 magnum cylinder for the last 8 years, reliable gun. It is more accurate with the magnum loads/cylinder. However, it has no rear sights and is a challenge to hit a man sized target at any distance beyond knife fighting range. Also, the barrel rifling has "cutter" marks, indicating it was machined with a worn tool at the factory. And the front sight is off too, the barrel was not screwed in all the way.

But, it has served me well, been carried a lot, and I like the stainless steel aspect. Looking to trade it for the Ruger LCP custom in a few months, I have an older Ruger LCP and almost the same size as the NAA revolver but more accurate and holds more ammo, plus faster reloading time. My concern is I could end up in a confrontation with someone who has a full sized pistol and I would have my NAA to have to protect myself with, the Ruger would even things up.

If you get an NAA revolver, rotate your ammo once every 5-6 months with fresh. I had a Freedom arms .22 mini revolver that had dud primers due to the heat of being in my pocket over time.
© 24hourcampfire