Home
Posted By: tmitch new find - 08/18/16
After I dropped a rifle off at the 'smiths for repair this morning I perused the used gun racks for anything of interest. I spied this Remington 550-1, and since I now had an empty case, decided to fill it. After seeing other posts here and "discovering" they'd feed shorts, longs and long rifles, I've kinda been on the lookout for one. This one isn't grooved for scope mounting but came with an old school cool Mossberg M4D scope in a side mount. All in pretty nice shape. When I got home I filled the tube with CCI Quiets to see if it would cycle them and it chewed through them clickety-click without a hitch.... and I didn't even bother to clean it first. Now to find some shorts to try, the gun shop didn't have any. A lot of fun here for $180!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: new find - 08/18/16
old school cool, what more could a guy ask for?
Posted By: joken2 Re: new find - 08/18/16
If you have a Walmart that sells firearms and shooting supplies within reasonable driving distance you might give them a try for .22 shorts. For the past few months a local Walmart here has had some CCI .22 shorts and rat-shot in stock when they had nothing else in .22 rim -fire.
Posted By: tmitch Re: new find - 08/18/16
Walmart was the last place I've seen shorts for sale. But that was when I wasn't looking for them. I'll hafta stop by next time I'm in town. I'm pretty happy that it'll cycle the CCI Quiets, kinda sounds like an old Smith Corona typewriter. It's not much, if any, louder than my 10/22 with a suppressor. And a hellofalot cheaper!
© 24hourcampfire