Home
Posted By: lawnman Kimber price check - 09/19/16
He guys thinking of selling my beautiful kimber hunter model. Awesome fiddle back on the wood grain. Leupold 2x7 rim fire special in leo mounts. Gun is easily a 9 out of 10 with no marks at all on wood. Safe queen. 2 xtra mags. What's it worth?
Posted By: lawnman Re: Kimber price check - 09/19/16
No advice? Huh
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Kimber price check - 09/19/16
I would be interested in your rifle. PM me with the serial number range.
Posted By: SturgeonGeneral Re: Kimber price check - 09/21/16
I bought one in Jan off Gunbroker and paid $1000. It was in a LGS, which claimed the gun had cryogenic treatment of the barrel.

Don't know if I got a good deal or not, but I really don't care. It's a great gun, shoots phenomenal, and they are hard to find.
Posted By: RJM Re: Kimber price check - 09/22/16
I have two of them...if we are talking about the NY made Hunter model... One is very dark straight grain wood and the other a lot of figure and much lighter. Paid $850 for each of them a few years ago. Have watched the prices on GunBroker and they don't seem to bring much more than that.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Both are fantastic shooters...Bob
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Kimber price check - 09/24/16
Nice!
Posted By: kevinJ Re: Kimber price check - 09/26/16
PM sent
Posted By: Nhunt46051 Re: Kimber price check - 09/29/16
NY Model? Like others I am interested. Post pics!
Posted By: Nhunt46051 Re: Kimber price check - 09/29/16
That bottom one looks like a classic stock, with that orange pad. My buddy had some problems with his hunter back in the day and for the inconvenience they upgraded his stock to a Classic and it came with that Orange pad too. All Hunters I have seen have just had black pads.
Posted By: lawnman Re: Kimber price check - 09/29/16
Mine does have orange pad btw. Gives it a classy look imo.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Kimber price check - 09/30/16
Lawnman: I own quite a few Kimber rimfire Rifles but most of them are the "Kimber of Oregon" models.
I only have two Kimbers from Yonkers one being a Hunter Silhouette and the other an 82G (heavy barrel target model I believe made for the Government?).
I bought my Kimber Model 82 Hunter/Silhouette in 2,005 in perfect condition with excellent wood for $450.00 from "an acquaintance".
I had no idea what it was worth back when I bought it but I WANTED it and intended (and do!) shoot Ground Squirrels with it.
I would NOT sell that Rifle (alone not including scope) for $800.00!
My advice is - not to take less than $875.00 with that scope and those two extra magazines!
Kimber 22 L.R. magazines are NOT cheap - I found that out!
Second bit of advice is - DON'T sell it!
Getting a quality replacement Rifle like that with as great a trigger and as great as wood as they usually have (and you describe) WILL be tough to do.
Best of luck to you with whichever you decide to do.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire