Home
Saw one today in LGS, first one I think I have ever put my hands on. Neat little rifle with over 50% of original finish still intact. It was a shame that the interior of the barrel was severely pitted. I asked the guy behind the counter if it was chambered in 22 short and he said it would shoot S/L/LR. Don't know, but neat old rimfire.
It took me a while to figure out how to load it blush, but after learning how, it shot great. Too bad about the rough bore on the one you found, they are something you don't see too often. All I have shot is shorts in mine and it cycles great.

[Linked Image]

If it's mechanically sound, you can get the barrel drilled out and a liner installed.

DF
It won't shoot long rifles. The colt lightning i have is a family gun and I think it's been shot by five generations.

Dink
Posted By: Allen917 Re: Colt Lightning Pump in 22 - 09/22/16
I've got an old Stevens Crack Shot with severely corroded barrel and a nail for a firing pin. Once it leads up it still shoots fairly well. Not bad for a gun that sold for $3.

Had a fellow offer me a Lighting, but it was missing so many parts, l don't think I could have ever got it to work again. It's still on my bucket list of guns to own.
Posted By: GeneB Re: Colt Lightning Pump in 22 - 09/23/16
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
I asked the guy behind the counter if it was chambered in 22 short and he said it would shoot S/L/LR.
They will only take 22 Shorts & Longs- this gun was designed & introduced before the introduction of 22 Long Rifle and the action stroke is not long enough.
Originally Posted by GeneB
I asked the guy behind the counter if it was chambered in 22 short and he said it would shoot S/L/LR.
They will only take 22 Shorts & Longs- this gun was designed & introduced before the introduction of 22 Long Rifle and the action stroke is not long enough.

Guess that makes it a Short shooter, as I don't think you can get Longs any more.

If someone was going to have the barrel re-lined, then twist/chamber for .22 Short would make sense.

DF
Posted By: Timbo Re: Colt Lightning Pump in 22 - 09/23/16
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Guess that makes it a Short shooter, as I don't think you can get Longs any more.

If someone was going to have the barrel re-lined, then twist/chamber for .22 Short would make sense.

DF

CCI sells 22 Longs. Others may as well.
Originally Posted by Timbo
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

CCI sells 22 Longs. Others may as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

DF
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Colt Lightning Pump in 22 - 09/23/16
This one was made in 1900....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
http://www.gunauction.com/buy/14198627
Posted By: KMS Re: Colt Lightning Pump in 22 - 10/19/16
My wife's uncle gave me an old Colt Lightning small frame manufactured in 1899. It has a slightly pitted bore, but still shoots CB shorts fairly accurately. And yes, they are chambered in shorts/Longs only.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Colt Lightning Pump in 22 - 11/01/16
[Linked Image]

Made in 1890, chambered in 22 Long.

Posted By: passport Re: Colt Lightning Pump in 22 - 11/02/16
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
This one was made in 1900....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

How is it you always have the cool chit?
Posted By: 2muchgun Re: Colt Lightning Pump in 22 - 11/05/16
shocked

I dunno. But thanks. It is a cool old gun...
© 24hourcampfire