Home
Just like it reads. I'm glad to see this stuff back on the shelves. Prices seem to be going down a little too. Saw a Dick's flyer and they have the federal automatch on sale this Friday for $35.00/2 boxes. I believe there is a 6 box limit though... I also saw a bunch of 22 WMR yesterday at the LGS... The hoarders and price gougers are going to choke on the tons of ammo they have stockpiled away.. wink
Yep, the glut is finally over... I'm seeing a ton here as well.
Actually, the glut may be about to begin. The shortage may be over.

Be prepared to see stacks of Thunderduds at yard sales.
I see lots of the mexican stuff but not much domestic ammo around here. Would love to find a couple bricks of Fed 525 round bulk packs.
The Mexican Match ammo is excelllent. Some like the hyper-speed stuff pretty well too.
Originally Posted by centershot
I see lots of the mexican stuff but not much domestic ammo around here. Would love to find a couple bricks of Fed 525 round bulk packs.

Me too as long as there 36gr ones, I have piles of others to trade for them.
Gander Mountain had some here a couple of weeks ago. Have not been back since as they were the last I needed. Now have around 5K, versus the 1K I normally kept before the long shortage.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
The Mexican Match ammo is excellent. Some like the hyper-speed stuff pretty well too.

The good old boys, American manufacturers steadfastly refused to increase production capacity while agila stepped up to the plate. They deserve to be rewarded with ammo sales. Seriously, this past shortage goes way beyond hoarding. And, my gut tells me without the Mexican supply, we would still be suffering.
Wallymart here had Winchester 333 pack at 17 and change. I don't like it, but it's the first 22lr they have had in 2 years. I'm thinking this shortage was politically motivated and artificial. To what end, I don't know.
I actually saw 22 lr featured in the sales brochures too so it must be better now...
Yep I've been glad to have seen not only ammo in stock but a reasonable variety of it too; Winchester, Federal, CCI, Remington, even a bit of Eley have all been obtainable lately.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Just like it reads. I'm glad to see this stuff back on the shelves. Prices seem to be going down a little too. Saw a Dick's flyer and they have the federal automatch on sale this Friday for $35.00/2 boxes. I believe there is a 6 box limit though... I also saw a bunch of 22 WMR yesterday at the LGS... The hoarders and price gougers are going to choke on the tons of ammo they have stockpiled away.. wink

That's a great buy. My Anschutz shoots it pretty good so I stocked up good the last time they had it for $20 a box. Might have to drag my ass down there.
Ha ha. I'm thinking I'll have to drag my azz down there too.... I'm hoping they also have the S/K target ammo on sale too. My 10-22 loves that stuff. My 10 year old daughter has been shooting with me lately and she wants to burn up a whole box of the automatch every time we go out. It even started raining on us and she wanted to keep shooting. I want to buy her a new 10-22 on black Friday since they are going to be $179.99, so I might be there anyway...
Originally Posted by humdinger
I actually saw 22 lr featured in the sales brochures too so it must be better now...

I've been seeing it on the shelves too. Hint... wink. Not just 1 store, but multiple stores locally. I was actually at 1 store yesterday when they were bringing out big boxes of the stuff. A lot of CCI (300 round boxes) 1200 fps stuff, Mexican Aguilla, federal, and Winchester. There was other types too. I will add, some of this ammo looked old and dusty, like maybe someone brought it in and sold it to the store. There were many older bricks of ammo there in this condition. This is a buy, sell and trade gunshop/"bargain center". Signs are looking good as far as I'm concerned...
Yep, the stuff is so common around here now that I'm buying it and feeding it to the chickens.
Be careful cracking those eggs.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Yep, the stuff is so common around here now that I'm buying it and feeding it to the chickens.

Chickens can choke on it just as well as the hoarders and gougers I guess..... whistle
I confess. I'm a hoarder.. smile

but not a gouger. I don't sell. smile
Glad to hear this happening.. Have lots of .22lr, picked up some .17HMR in Billings at a reasonable price.. Have enough of both for the future.. I would like to add a cartoon of CCI .22 magnum 40 HP to my stash.. Just got a nice WW 94-22mag..
Was in the local Cabelas today, there was a bit more .22LR than I had been seeing. CCI HP at 8.99 for 100 rounds.
Hit Midway today to check Black Friday stuff. Got a First Lite jacket at 30% off, FL gloves for me, a half-price grinder, and 500 rounds of CCI SV. By adding the gloves, my shipping went down $5, giving essentially free shipping on the .22s (at least that's how I choose to look at it).
Pretty cool pappy. I found a great deal here locally on a new Ruger 10-22 for $189.00 and a box of federal automatch for $5.00 with that purchase and a free BX-1 magazine. This is a black Friday deal. I guess I'll have to drag my azz out of bed at 4:00 a.m as per usual... cry. No sleeping in...
My brother lives in the sticks and drives 100 miles to get to the stores that sell ammo. It was like an Easter egg hunt, but now the sport is gone with plenty of ammo. As much as he hated Obama, he misses the game of hoarding 22 ammo at retail price.

In his entryway in his house he has a pyramid stack off 22 ammo to show his ammo finding status.
© 24hourcampfire