Home
Posted By: avagadro GP100, Personal experience?? - 01/04/17
For those who bought one .. Good, bad or indifferent?
Posted By: molly Re: GP100, Personal experience?? - 01/04/17
a 357 and a 22lr. both good after a little action work.
Thanks

Looking for.22 info/opinions
Posted By: molly Re: GP100, Personal experience?? - 01/04/17
My 22lr gp100 was a little heavy on the trigger pull, both double and single action.

The normal Gp100 trigger work fixed that. I have about 3.5# single and 9# double now.

The barrel is a bit over clocked. But shoots good.

Chambers seem to be on the tight side, which is good.

Lock up is tight, I don"t remember BC gap, but it's on the tight side.

I put the Hogue grips off of the Alaskan on it. They fit my hands well, after I grind off the finger grooves. I see Ruger is putting the AK grip without finger grooves on the new 44 special. I'll be buying a few sets of those when they become available.

I also have a 4" 617 Smith, and they both shoot about the same size groups. I'd have a hard time picking one over the other. The smith has a little better trigger shooting single action.
The barrel on the smith is also over clocked, a bit more than the gp100.
The gp100 trigger group, or what ever it is called, came
from the factory fitting way to tight. Almost impossible to get the gun back together. I fixed that.

It's a fun gun, get one.. Been slaying the grouse with it.
I have/had one up until recently. Traded it in and paid a little more for a 4" 617 smith. Difference is night andday. Trigger is much smoother on the 617 and accuracy is much better. I was disappointed with the gp-100 and it's accuracy. I couldn't find an ammo that it shot well.

Nice looking gun. Liked the ruger without the full under lug barrel. Wanted to like the ruger but in the end, sent it down the road and haven't looked back.

Best of luck with your decision and new 22.
© 24hourcampfire