Home
Posted By: CrazyCoot Browning Buckmark Camper? - 02/08/17
I've been looking at the Browning Buckmark Camper for a while now. For those of you that have experience with them, what are your thoughts? Is there a .22 pistol that you like better in the same price range as the Camper?
Posted By: 65BR Re: Browning Buckmark Camper? - 02/09/17
Always been a Ruger MKII fan. Yet the BM is a Solid gun. The camper i.e. The SS 5.5" bull model is a Nice shooter wink

I prefer the SS models. Reliable. Accurate. Good trigger that you can make better by flipping the spring. Fits hand good. Not much to not like.

Many variations of the BM to suit various needs. A top choice in 22LR.
Posted By: duckcall Re: Browning Buckmark Camper? - 02/10/17
I have had a camper for about three years and am very happy with it.
Posted By: kenoh2 Re: Browning Buckmark Camper? - 02/10/17
I've never heard of a bad Buckmark. Pick the style that suites you, load, shoot, smile. All of mine from the Micro to 7.25" Contour are plenty accurate. The S&W Victory and Ruger MK** are nice too but not enough to pull me off the Browning wagon.

Make sure to check slickguns.com for deals. Browning occasionally offers rebates as well.
Posted By: kenoh2 Re: Browning Buckmark Camper? - 02/10/17
$50 rebate from Browning 2/1-3/31.

Browning Rebate

Bought my 7.25" SS Contour four days too soon. mad
CrazyCoot: I currently own and shoot five Browning BuckMark pistols and enjoy them all very much.
Very reliable, very accurate, good triggers and handsome to boot.
One of my BuckMarks is the Camper style and again love it.
I bought all five of mine on the used market - but never an issue or problem with any of them.
I consider the Browning BuckMarks (especially when carefully shopped for on the used markets) to be an excellent value for the money.
If you decide you don't like it (and I can't imagine why you wouldn't like it?) you would not lose much money at resale and that resale would occur quickly as they are rather popular.
Good luck if you decide to try one.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I have been eyeing these. With the rebate mentioned above, they are a screaming good deal. https://www.cdnnsports.com/browning-buckmark-camper-22lr-stainless.html?___SID=U
Posted By: 65BR Re: Browning Buckmark Camper? - 02/12/17
Rebate says -

Offer valid only on the consumer retail purchase of select new ....
Thanks for all the input guys, especially the rebate info! I ended up finding a great deal online for the barebones version of the Camper. $255 I couldn't pass it up!
Where did you find that?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Where did you find that?

I bought it on Guns America from a place called Scott's Outdoor Sports in Jay, FL.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Browning Buckmark Camper? - 02/21/17
Did you find out if the "retail" rebate includes online purchases?
Originally Posted by 65BR
Did you find out if the "retail" rebate includes online purchases?

I submitted my info yesterday to get the rebate. I haven't received anything yet stating that it was rejected.
Posted By: tzone Re: Browning Buckmark Camper? - 03/01/17
My experience is that it's accurate as all hell.
It does like CCI's better for cycling though. The cheap sh it rarely cycles all the rounds through a full mag.
© 24hourcampfire