Home
Posted By: clark98ut Saving an Old Bearcat... - 02/17/17
I picked this little revolver up for from a very generous member here on the Fire. It had been sitting in a tub in a storage unit that unfortunately got water in it. The bore and cylinders were fine, but it had quite a bit of rust on the side of the gun that had been sitting in water. The grips were also pretty waterlogged, so they needed replacing as well.

I did all the metal cleanup myself and had my gunsmith coat it in Cerakote. The barrel, cylinder, trigger and hammer are all done in Tungsten and the remainder in Graphite Black. The grips I found on eBay and are an old set of Jay Scott grips. I ordered a new ejector rod from Numrich, but the rest are the original parts.

Before:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: domit Re: Saving an Old Bearcat... - 02/17/17
u did good!
Originally Posted by domit
u did good!

I'll second that! Question is, how does it shoot? grin

Ed
Exactly, love the spirit of it, nice job.
Posted By: clark98ut Re: Saving an Old Bearcat... - 02/19/17
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

I'll second that! Question is, how does it shoot? grin

Ed

It shoots. Beyond that I can't really say. The boy and I took it to the range yesterday, but he did most of the shooting, and at 6, he's not the greatest shot yet.
Clark98ut: I am happy that your project turned out so well for you!
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Mesa Re: Saving an Old Bearcat... - 02/19/17
Great save, and a gun worth saving!
I have in my possession a four digit Bearcat that was my father's. I learned to shoot with it at about age 4. Hopefully your son has it 40 years from now. The one here has about 25,000 rounds through it and still kills bunnies very efficiently ......
Very nice job, sir.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Saving an Old Bearcat... - 02/19/17
Good job on a worthy pistol.
© 24hourcampfire