Home
Have any of you cut the extended mag release down? I've only had mine in the woods twice and already snagged the release a few times inadvertently. Going to have to take the dremel to it soon.
go for it.
Pics when done. Post 'em here please.
I took a Dremel to mine after I lost a magazine in the woods. I haven't tested it enough to decide whether to take off more.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
go for it.

Exactly.... You guys got the go ahead from MacGyver... I'm keeping mine factory until it poses a problem...
or just swap it out with a flush 10-22 one......
or just swap it out with a flush 10-22 one......

I heard you can do that. Sounds like the best fix to me...
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
go for it.

Exactly.... You guys got the go ahead from MacGyver... I'm keeping mine factory until it poses a problem...

Mine posed a problem. After numerous times with it unlatching the magazine, the magazine finally disappeared and left me in the woods with a single shot. Nobody would accuse me of being a gunsmith, but I didn't have much trouble grinding it down. Nobody would accuse me of being an artist, either, but the RAR isn't exactly a work of art besides its functionality. I see no need to buy more parts and install them.

The 10/22 has the same problem, but I have to be more careful with the fix on that because of the desire to reload it more quickly than the RAR.
I had the same magazine loss issue and I modified it by...

Selling the rifle to a hunting shack kid who needed a 22.

Cut or change out. I bet someone off rimfire central would swap with you.
Swung by the LGS today and they had an old 1022 standard.
It's a '67 same as my Fingergroove (factory checkered).
Somewhere along the line it got an extended release (aluminum). I need to swap that to reg.

Volq hammer and a buffer and run it.

Bought an older 572 not all that long ago, thought I was done w .22rf rifle. Guess not.

© 24hourcampfire