Home
Posted By: Mtngroan Ruger 10/22 takedown - 03/18/17
Who has one of these and what do you think? I really don't need one but the local feed store has a great sale on them.
Thanks
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Ruger 10/22 takedown - 03/18/17
Fine. Not much of a need to take it down, but if I did, it's there.

Haven't had a single hiccup with it.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Ruger 10/22 takedown - 03/18/17
They sold out quick last time a local shop got them in. I've only talked to one owner so far and all he told me was, "so far-so good", because he hadn't had it very long yet when we spoke.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Ruger 10/22 takedown - 03/18/17
Unless you plan to travel with it on some sort of public conveyance (other than a commercial airline flight), I fail to understand the attraction. My experience with two different ones (one of which belongs to my grandson) has been that they are difficult to sight in and difficult to keep sighted in. The 'flave apparently has had better luck with his, so you might PM him.
I bought mine in either 2011 or 12. It resides next to the back door to take care of pests.

Posted By: mudhen Re: Ruger 10/22 takedown - 03/18/17
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I bought mine in either 2011 or 12. It resides next to the back door to take care of pests.

I have an original 10/22 that I bought about 1982. It spent most of its working life in my pickup. For the last few years, though, it has lived in the gun room (outside of the safe), to take care of pests when they wander into range.
Posted By: orion03 Re: Ruger 10/22 takedown - 03/18/17
Bought mine when they first came out and it has worked flawlessly and has always maintained zero when taken down.
Posted By: Mtngroan Re: Ruger 10/22 takedown - 03/18/17
Originally Posted by orion03
Bought mine when they first came out and it has worked flawlessly and has always maintained zero when taken down.

Orion, have you tried an optic on it or just the open sights?
Posted By: orion03 Re: Ruger 10/22 takedown - 03/18/17
Have a 4x Leupold on it.
I have a 2.5x Weaver on mine. One of the newer Jap versions.
Originally Posted by mudhen

I have an original 10/22 that I bought about 1982. It spent most of its working life in my pickup. For the last few years, though, it has lived in the gun room (outside of the safe), to take care of pests when they wander into range.

A 10/22 was my first 22 rifle as a kid, I still have it. Couldn't begin to guess how many rounds have been fired in it.

Dad bought if for me in 1979, it's the 'deluxe' version with a walnut stock and no barrel band.
Posted By: Dancing Bear Re: Ruger 10/22 takedown - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by orion03

That fits with my experience although I have only taken it down ten times or so.

I want one of the mew staocks for it that holds mags/ammo.
I was at the feed store last weekend looking for pump parts. Ended up with a ss takedown 10/22 myself. For $239 I don't think you can go wrong. I think I 'm going to put a Nikon p-22 on it if it will fit in the bag. Should fit nicely under the truck seat.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ruger 10/22 takedown - 03/24/17
Mine has been flawless.

Dave
Posted By: deflave Re: Ruger 10/22 takedown - 03/24/17
Originally Posted by mudhen

A 10/22 was my first 22 rifle as a kid, I still have it. Couldn't begin to guess how many rounds have been fired in it.

Dad bought if for me in 1979, it's the 'deluxe' version with a walnut stock and no barrel band.

My uncle has one of those. They are great.

My first gun was also a 10/22.

Dave
Posted By: Dobegrant Re: Ruger 10/22 takedown - 03/24/17
love mine, great shooter keep my 22/45 lite in the outer pouch, always ready to go and they live in the truck
First ting I learned, you need high rings so the scope clears the rear sight while putting on the barrel. Voretex rings were a no go, they fit loose on the stock base. Cheap tasco high rings worked fine, the Nikon P22 scope will fit in the bag. I only had time to run a mags of random ammo through it, so no comment on accuracy until I have time to put it on bags and try some different types of ammo in it. It didn't like to eject the low velocity ammo, no surprise there.

Need to get it sighted in before squirrels start popping up and figure out 50-75-100 yds on the scope.
© 24hourcampfire