Home
Posted By: DigitalDan Foolin' around - 04/20/17
One of the 'Fire members came by today for an adventure at the home range. Doing initial zero before dropping back to a more respectable range....buddy took, my gun, ammo and target....and outshot me. WTF?

10 shot on each of the bottom targets, 5 on the top.

Rem 513T with a Redfield Olympic sight. Old, wore out and near worthless, I'd feel guilty giving it to anyone who could shoot worth a chitt.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Foolin' around - 04/20/17
Sheeeiiit! That's pretty decent shooting especially for a Remington of all things. smile

Now, the REAL question is..."will it shoot better at 300 yards than it does at 50?"

laugh laugh
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Foolin' around - 04/20/17
Probably.

When I get over my flinch and remember to keep my eye open when I jerk the trigger?

Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Foolin' around - 04/20/17
I've never tried Norms Tac but I sure hear good things about it. I need to remedy that.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Foolin' around - 04/20/17
Tough when someone tops you with your own equipment.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Foolin' around - 04/20/17
I know. My feelers are hurt. -sniff-
Posted By: Nessmuk Re: Foolin' around - 04/21/17
Yep, better reline that barrel...
Posted By: papat Re: Foolin' around - 04/21/17
Next time substitute fed auto match in the box Dan.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Foolin' around - 04/21/17
That's mean.

But I'll do it. Excellent idea, thanks!
Posted By: K22 Re: Foolin' around - 04/21/17
Those are good groups,..... for a Remington........ whistle

I really like the Norma Tac22's. They shoot great in all of my rimfires. A Rem. 504 I have thinks its super match ammo.

Right now its on sale at Midsouth Shooters Supply.

Norma rimfire ammo is made by RWS.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Foolin' around - 04/21/17
Nice groups. Distance? Rest or position?

That looks like a 50' Schuetzen target. I used to shoot them offhand in a winter league, but of course never got groups like that.

Paul
Muffin says thanks. 20 yards. Rested in the baffle box.

It is the WSU gallery target, pretty much what you called it. SPG shoots groups like that at 50' offhand. Here's one:

[Linked Image]

I fooled him though and bought the gun. Now he can't shoot groups like that anymore with that gun. laugh

Put together a range here at the house awhile back, 20 and 50 yards. It is in a residential area with 3-8 acres per residence. My protocol on use is to zero the gun at 20 yards before moving to the 50. All subsonics, no restrictions on cartridge. If not suppressed it has to go thru the baffle box and that requires a rest.

The target in the first post was for that particular rifle, first time it's seen the sun in awhile.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The 50 yard line.

The box makes .22's sound about like a fart. The .44 Mag is quite a bit louder but sounds differently than gunfire. Sorta of a loud "plonk".

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The 513T.

I have shot it at 50 with Wolf MT and it makes similar groups in that scenario. 10 shots...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Muffin Re: Foolin' around - 04/21/17
smile

You haven't seen it before all dressed up for the ball?

laugh
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Foolin' around - 04/21/17
That's a pretty neat set up there, DD! I like it.
Seems to get'r done now and again. Tell you public range slaves, being able to do what you want to do without the range officers and curious strangers getting in the way is a blessing from heaven. They see a rig like that and there is no end to the questions.

On another point, and just to be fair, a couple of my targets for comparison. Top one fist...was doing fine until that diamondback started gnawing on my ankle. Damn distracting that...

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire