Home
I bought an Anschutz 54 1710 HB back in 2013 and put less than a box through it back then. Recently, I decided to put a rail on it and an Athlon scope that I bought from Doug. Besides getting it out to the club-long over due(life got in the way)-I wanted to see if it had a preference for Lapua CX or SK+. I picked the best 3 five shot groups from each load for a total of 6 targets all shot at 50 yards. CX for the win this day, but no flies on SK+. The targets are posted below. I look forward to getting this one out again-sooner rather than later- and this time after a trigger adjustment-too heavy for my liking now. Any Anschutz fans out there?

These 3 five shot groups are of the SK+ (vertical target)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These 3 five shot groups are of the Lapua CX ( 2 targets then 1 target)

Great shooting.. more than a couple Anschutz fans here I rekkon
I've got one on back order at the moment

Anschutz rifles and pistols are to be held in high regard. Very nice shooting there. What Athlon?

I am saturated with them.

Have been acquiring 54 actioned Annies for years.

I have disposed of the 64's , only because, I can't keep everything.

I don't punch much paper and generally shoot at100 M.

I too have the same rifle , but probably cannot shoot as well as you show.

I picked up a mate to the 1710 in .17 Mach II........ Several years ago the bloom was off the .17 Mach II, so I picked up cheap ammo, a lot of Eley.

I have several Exemplars and enjoy shooting the Hornet quite a lot.

A POX be upon you for reminding me Ido not shoot enough !
Never heard of Anschooltz. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

My 1717 D HB handled/balanced like SCHIT in OEM guise. Rather Skookum after The Chop. Hint.

Hopefully Mike quits fhuqking around and offers a Vudoo Hummer...then a Vudoo Whizzum,for THE Trifecta.

Hint..........................
I have one of those 1710 rifles and a couple 1730s in 22H. All are super accurate.
@cisco1, https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...0136-3247-00163ecd2826?variation=1891359

Stick-I see you've heard of Anschutz. I like the jacked up funny car rail too smile
© 24hourcampfire