Home
Posted By: rainshot kawasaki mule carb. - 01/30/24
I have a sick mule. I think it needs a new carburetor. It's a 2010, 610 I think with it's code is FJ400-BV50.Model KAF400A. Anybody know what's a good carb. to replace it with? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: K1500 Re: kawasaki mule carb. - 01/30/24
Unless you want to go OEM (Minoku?) I would consider rebuilding it. I tried one of the Amazon knockoff carbs and it worked only ok. Wound up rebuilding the OEM one and that worked better.

The Amazon knockoffs are cheap enough that they may be worth taking a chance, your luck may be better than mine. The good thing is you will have it even if you end up rebuilding. I robbed a diagram off of the Amazon carb when I rebuilt my OEM carb.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: kawasaki mule carb. - 02/01/24
Does the 2010 Kawasaki have a carburetor? The reason I ask is because I have a 2008 John Deere gator with the 620 engine and it has throttle body fuel injection. I have interchanged Kawasaki parts on my Gator because they were a lot less expensive than John Deere parts. The John Deere Gator forums have discussions about cleaning the throttle body with mixed success.
Posted By: rainshot Re: kawasaki mule carb. - 02/03/24
Yes it’s got a carburetor. I went ahead and ordered a new one from Amazon. I’ll find out tomorrow if it works. Perhaps a kit should be ordered in case it doesn’t work out.
Posted By: mauserfan Re: kawasaki mule carb. - 02/06/24
It's a Mikuni no doubt...
Posted By: rainshot Re: kawasaki mule carb. - 03/25/24
The carb. worked great and it is now reliable. Thanks for the help.
© 24hourcampfire