Home
Posted By: Lawdwaz Damn Mice - 02/07/24
Mice got into my 2021 Rancher. Thankfully they didn't do anything but stash some corn in the battery box and left about 1/2" of some stuff I can't describe in my air box. I think it happened a year ago actually. It's runs fine so I'm assuming all is OK?

A friend said some mothballs could help?
Posted By: 7_08FAN Re: Damn Mice - 02/07/24
They seem to. Screws up their ability to smell. Most articles on the net say no and tell of the potential dangers of using them.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Damn Mice - 02/07/24
Try this stuff

Dilute as directed....use some type spray bottle

Literally spray around tires......under carriage

Smells great.....for us not them

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
Posted By: badger Re: Damn Mice - 02/07/24
https://www.grandpagus.com/products/mouse-repellent-pouches

Or you could stuff one of these under your seat...................
Posted By: Elkbelch Re: Damn Mice - 02/09/24
I heard to tie dryer sheets on your wiring, I did it to my new Pioneer 520 last year and they don't seem to bother it in the barn. I figured it couldn't hurt.

Shawn
Posted By: Elkbelch Re: Damn Mice - 02/09/24
My wife uses tea tree oil on the outdoor grill and that seems to work too

Shawn
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Damn Mice - 02/09/24
Fresh cab.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/fresh-cab-1-botanical-rodent-repellant-10-oz
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Damn Mice - 02/09/24
You might have to try a few different repellents. Fresh Cab seems to work well. I tried one of the mint type once (shake off?) that didn't work, mice chewed thru the packet 1st night then dragged it away the next!
Posted By: LouisB Re: Damn Mice - 02/09/24
We use Cedar oil in/on the wife's car . . .

Seems to work
Posted By: 24HourCampFireGuy50 Re: Damn Mice - 02/10/24
Originally Posted by Elkbelch
I heard to tie dryer sheets on your wiring, I did it to my new Pioneer 520 last year and they don't seem to bother it in the barn. I figured it couldn't hurt.

Shawn
Bounce dryer sheets do work for a while. We use them in the camper. She put some "natural" sheets in one year and the mice used them to make a nest.

Mothballs work. They keep wasps from building nests under the boat seats too.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Damn Mice - 02/11/24
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Damn Mice - 02/14/24
Originally Posted by Elkbelch

Shawn
I stuff them into every nook and cranny on my Pioneer 700-4 and I've used them for years on my ATV. They seem to work pretty good but it's not a bad idea to refresh them after a few months. I put some cheap brand in it in December and they still smell pretty strong.
Posted By: Longbob Re: Damn Mice - 02/15/24
Originally Posted by badger
https://www.grandpagus.com/products/mouse-repellent-pouches

Or you could stuff one of these under your seat...................

Thanks for the heads up on this. I haven't had a mouse problem so far, but I don't want one. I put some in my RV, race car, and a Beetle that sits outside a lot as a loaner for our guests. They smell great! My RV building and the garage where I keep my race car smell all minty fresh now. Hahaha!
Posted By: gunzo Re: Damn Mice - 02/18/24
I've had to repair the wiring twice, inside the battery box on my Honda ATV. Last time I covered it with 36 grit sand paper. Thought they wouldn't like chewing through that. I seems to have worked.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Damn Mice - 02/18/24
Honda rodent tape if they chew the wires.
Posted By: RCL Re: Damn Mice - 02/18/24
I have been using full strength peppermint oil for years.
Put cotton balls in small pill bottles and saturate. Then place under hood and interior if trucks are not going to be driven for awhile.
Posted By: Babydeer Re: Damn Mice - 02/18/24
Peppermint oil or some kind of very hot pepper crushed into a powder works.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Damn Mice - 02/19/24
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Try this stuff

Dilute as directed....use some type spray bottle

Literally spray around tires......under carriage

Smells great.....for us not them

The stuff they use in Fresh Cab is balsam fir oil. You can get it on Amazon and use it the same way. I don't know how affective it is compared to mint oil.
Posted By: snoeproe Re: Damn Mice - 03/23/24
We have 3 cats at our rural home. They do a good job of keeping the rodents down.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Damn Mice - 03/23/24
We had a feral cat have 5 kittens under our deck - where we can't get at them. They're about 3 months old now and we see them with mice and sparrows. We have an oversupply of both. I'd rather have cats than mice.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Damn Mice - 04/02/24
Mice do not like open areas with good lighting. They used to spend a lot of time under the seat of my ATV as well as under the hood of my tractor. I removed the ATV seat and set it on the front rack then opened the hood on the tractor. Problem solved.
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Damn Mice - 04/02/24
Had a weasel nest and raise a litter in my garage one year. The mice disappeared fast. I was standing in the open garage door one day talking with a cousin when the weasel walked in between us carrying a mouse. She'd cleaned out the resident mice so thoroughly she had to import them.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Damn Mice - 04/04/24
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Mice do not like open areas with good lighting. They used to spend a lot of time under the seat of my ATV as well as under the hood of my tractor. I removed the ATV seat and set it on the front rack then opened the hood on the tractor. Problem solved.
LED lights pull almost no power. I wonder if putting a couple under the seats would keep them out.
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: Damn Mice - 04/05/24
Mothballs
© 24hourcampfire