Home
Posted By: Pat85 Going riding - 04/13/14
Taking the horses out for a ride for the first time since Oct. Wonder who is going to break down first? My money is on me soring up first. laugh
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Going riding - 04/13/14
I have done a little ,but the snow won't leave. Getting more today
Posted By: Robster Re: Going riding - 04/14/14
I have been legging up my mare and Black Mouth Cur. Doing a little squirrel/coon running. I have been averaging about 5 miles a day and the dog....7 miles. Great time to get back in the saddle
Posted By: Dan_H Re: Going riding - 04/14/14
Did a couple of miles in the rain yesterday. Didn't bother to get a saddle out and am a bit sore today.

Snow and mud will keep us off the trails for another month or so.

Posted By: saddlesore Re: Going riding - 04/14/14
15 degrees this AM, 4" snow.No riding
Posted By: tmax264 Re: Going riding - 04/14/14
Hey Saddlesore, Tmax from south of Simla here. Where do you ride at?
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Going riding - 04/14/14
No lunging, no ring work. Took them right to the trail head, saddled up and took off. They just picked up where they left off last Oct. Did a little six mile loop so none of us got sored up to much.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Going riding - 04/15/14
Good deal, Pat. How old are the nags? smile
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Going riding - 04/15/14
Originally Posted by tmax264
Hey Saddlesore, Tmax from south of Simla here. Where do you ride at?

PM sent
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Going riding - 04/15/14
Originally Posted by ironbender
Good deal, Pat. How old are the nags? smile

I believe the paint is 12 and Oakley is 18, where did the time go? Bought the paint at 5 and Oakley at 7 years of age. Realisticly the paint averages 150 miles a year the 18 year old 75 to 100.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Going riding - 04/15/14
This time of year, we usually do some ground work prior to mounting just to get their attention. Later in the year, when saddle time has been a little more regular, we'll just saddle up and go.
Posted By: m_s_s Re: Going riding - 04/16/14
It is about time I start riding, haven't since I shipped the cows south in Oct. Shipped my horses south too, no ice to break all winter lol. Will go down and get them (250 miles south) next week as I have fence to ride before the cows get here middle of May. Just finished making me a new saddle, Wade Tree, rough out leather, four button seat and old time stirrup leathers. I sent it to Crane,OR with a friend to a branding last weekend. I would have gone to the branding but I am afoot till I get my horses lol. ED
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Going riding - 04/20/14
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire