Home
One of the handiest equipment on the place...ATV and two-wheel trailer.

What are you pulling?

[Linked Image]
Polaris Rangers, mostly...........
A 5'X8' utility trailer. The trailer pulls the ATV to where it needs to go and then it's hooked to the ATV to get the work done that needs doing.

I haul deer stands, fertilizer, seed, etc. I also use this setup for sticks in the yard.

Your little trailer looks pretty handy.
A 5x8 trailer that doubles as an atv/mower transporter and another smaller trailer. The Polaris also pulls the brush mower at camp.

[Linked Image]
2013 Honda Foreman
475cc EFI
I use this trailer multiple times a week and fill it with everything, dirt, logs, sand, leaves,....

http://clamoutdoors.com/store/polar-trailer/hd-1500.

Turn your ATV or lawn tractor into an all-purpose hauling machine. The HD 1500 is by far our most popular model, and the perfect size for most any job. The HD 1500 takes you to another level - load capacity of 1,500 lbs. with an impressive 22 cubic foot hauling capacity. An extra-thick bed, walls and gunnels stand up to rock, firewood, pea gravel, gear, and game like no other. Built rugged, durable Tubular Frame Technology. Sheet metal frames don't compare.

High Impact Polyethylene Body
All Steel Frame with Powder Coat Finish
Shielded Ball Bearings - No Greasing Needed
Pass-Through Trailer Axle for Extra Clearance
The Original Tilt & Pivot Frame
Rugged Wide-Track Tires
Quick Release Tipper Latch

http://clamoutdoors.com/store/polar-trailer/accessories/side-rack-1500-series.html I have this also

Increase load size from 22 cubic feet to 35 cubic feet by adding side rails to your Polar 1500 Trailer.
Originally Posted by badger
LOL!!!

I dont love a manual geared quad for trail riding but for pulling stuff, i love my foreman
I had an Alumaweld Aluminum 2 wheel trailer and a Plaschem Fiberglass trailer. Both worked good. Next one I get will have the walking axles if I'm using it for Alaska.
I got a good deal on a 4 wheel wagon to pull. I still can't believe I was dumb enough to buy that thing. It's absolutely impossible to back.
My 04 Grizzly 660 pulls a mower/brush hog, my enclosed trailer to spin it to the driveway, deer, and logs. It also pushes a plow in the Winter.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by SAKO75
LOL!!!

I dont love a manual geared quad for trail riding but for pulling stuff, i love my foreman

Did it again today. One of the guys smoked his belt trying to cross the creek. Had to winch him out and tow him back to camp.
Wish I had a few more pics.... like the ones with the mini-van being towed via 4-wheeler dolly,

or the 19 foot welded skiff behind the 450 Grizz,

or multiple loads of logs on the 4x7 behind various 300, 400, and 450 machines,

but I do have these:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I love the old manual Honda Fourtrax machine. I once towed a 16' car hauler loaded down with 6" pvc all over a field setting the pipe out. Those things are very torquey for a 300!

[Linked Image]

I've pulled a buddies Suzuki 700 out a few times too.

[Linked Image]
Heaviest load that gets moved with ours on a regular basis when we worm and rotate pastures. Had to make two separate hauls this time...they were more than a little over the specified towing limits... First time using the Foreman for it, it handled it well:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
'04 Honda Rancher ES

Mostly logs for firewood. Also a disk, seeder, and drag for food plots.
Snow and deer mostly,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hater. grin

It was funny.
So far this year, I can remember a trailer, sprayer, spreader, packer, an elk, deer, harrow and logs.
most of them can't even catch a polaris. i'll tow any one of them backwards with my polaris. no other brand has moved me yet when hooked up.
My old ’98 300 Honda TRX will pull every Polaris that has come to the village in it’s lifetime....backwards, forwards, or sideways. Truth is, it has outlived and outworked a bunch of them. How it rides means nothing when all it does is sit in the yard. Polaris is good at building snowmachines and they should stick with what they excel at.
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
My old ’98 300 Honda TRX will pull every Polaris that has come to the village in it’s lifetime....backwards, forwards, or sideways. Truth is, it has outlived and outworked a bunch of them. How it rides means nothing when all it does is sit in the yard. Polaris is good at building snowmachines and they should stick with what they excel at.

now thats a joke.
No it really isnt. Polaris sucks
Okay, that wasn’t very nice. There is an 800 Polaris “hotrod” in town that my old 300 can’t pull............yet. The rest it has outlived..easily....and it has outworked them all. And of course, it’s still running.
Give it time. You'll be pulling it. grin

the problem is you are mostly talkin about old atv's. the new polatis is a whole different animal. we ride thousands of miles on trails and we have tried to trash all the atv's we've owned by actually building our own mud pits to run them in.when you start out with a real mix of machines like,yamaha,honda,kawasaki,can am and suzuki and end up with all but one guy out of 20 plus guys riding buying polaris atv's then you know the are not bad atv's.we were talking a few weeks ago about the amount of money we have all spent on atv's in the past 20yrs .we came up with over 220,000 spent.one by one they've all went to polaris. one guy still rides a honda and i've seen him looking hard at the new rzr polaris.he's a tightwad and doesn't want to pay the price.

hook that little light ass 300 behind a 1000lb polaris and i'll drag it backwards on trails all day.
Because of the old polaris' I won't be having any new Polaris'
like i said ,you have no clue about the new polaris.
I actually do. I have several friends that work at the atv manufacturing plant and I live in MN...there are a few around. They don't impress me at all.

There are 4 other atv manufactures I'd consider before Polaris.

Now if we're talking snowmobiles, that's entirely different. Polaris is at the front of the line with the others quite a ways behind.
Originally Posted by srwshooter
like i said ,you have no clue about the new polaris.

How new is new, exactly? We have a total of 7 Rangers in the camp, 3 of which are less then 2 years old. Of those three, one (A 900EFI 4 seater) has been back to the dealer 3 times for overheating, still not fixed, and the headlights quit (Bad ignition switch- fixed). Another, a mid size 500, has had the PLASTIC front diff pinion housing come apart, a front strut blow out, and a cooling fan module fail. The third one, a 700EFI, has had both front wheel bearings fail, and a throttle position sensor failure. Fan modules and TPS's seem to be popular on the older ones too, as are frozen rear brake calipers and worn out front ball joints. The Hondas in the camp seem to just keep on going. The only other non-Japanese origin SXS in the camp is a CanAm Commander 800. Quits in cold (sub-freezing) weather after going into fail safe mode quite frequently. Dealer has been unable to resolve this one too.

Point is, you and your group seem to have an experience with Polaris ATV's that is unique.

Hats off to you.............
Originally Posted by srwshooter
when you start out with a real mix of machines like,yamaha,honda,kawasaki,can am and suzuki and end up with all but one guy out of 20 plus guys riding buying polaris atv's then you know the are not bad atv's.we were talking a few weeks ago about the amount of money we have all spent on atv's in the past 20yrs .we came up with over 220,000 spent.one by one they've all went to polaris. one guy still rides a honda and i've seen him looking hard at the new rzr polaris.he's a tightwad and doesn't want to pay the price.

hook that little light ass 300 behind a 1000lb polaris and i'll drag it backwards on trails all day.

I’ve spent probably $30,000 in the past 20 years on the four machines we’ve run in that time. The four machines have given us at least 80,000 miles of great service between them. The oldest, an old Honda 300 TRX, has outworked and outlasted every Polaris and Can-Am that has come to the village since it was new in ’99. Admittedly, there is one Polaris (which has no provision to haul or pull anything) as well as a couple Can-Ams which are only several months old which haven’t died yet. The greatest machines are always the new ones. The even better machines are the ones which are still accomplishing great things when they’ve already done 10,000 miles of good work.

[Linked Image]

Two years isn’t much of a test though...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have nothing against the Polaris brand and have run them for tens of thousands of miles over the snow.

[Linked Image]

There are just so many better choices when it comes turning wheels IMO (and experience.)
Other brands back to the road system...
Originally Posted by tzone
I actually do. I have several friends that work at the atv manufacturing plant and I live in MN...there are a few around. They don't impress me at all.

There are 4 other atv manufactures I'd consider before Polaris.

Now if we're talking snowmobiles, that's entirely different. Polaris is at the front of the line with the others quite a ways behind.
we have a stack of the 800rmks with the piston skirt broke.... Never buy the 1st year anything …
Heaviest load I've had hooked up to the Grizzly 450 was a heavily built (homemade) 10 foot flatbed loaded with a big ass Honda generator and a steel transport cage containing a 200 pound feral hog.

This is our second Yamaha and we'll never buy anything but. They truly are great machines. Ours is a '12 model and is quickly closing in on 6500 miles, and if memory serves, over 1600 hours with no major problems.

You couldn't give me a Polaris.
Originally Posted by justin10mm

You couldn't give me a Polaris.

Yeah, but you know nothing of the "new Polaris". grin
The only Polaris' I've ever seen that were worth anything were a pair of '97 2 stroke 300 Sportsmans that my aunt and cousin had. They seemed to be fairly reliable and were still running when they "upgraded" to new Poloris' a couple years back.

Now they've got a 700, a 500 and a brand new 570. The 700 has been in the shop more times than I can remember and the 500 was a major disappointment in quality so they got the 570 to help take up the slack. It is still too new to tell much about.

I'll pass on the new Polaris' thank you very much.
Perhaps you missed the fact that Tzone made a funny? wink
Originally Posted by SAKO75
2013 Honda Foreman
475cc EFI
I use this trailer multiple times a week and fill it with everything, dirt, logs, sand, leaves,....

http://clamoutdoors.com/store/polar-trailer/hd-1500.

Turn your ATV or lawn tractor into an all-purpose hauling machine. The HD 1500 is by far our most popular model, and the perfect size for most any job. The HD 1500 takes you to another level - load capacity of 1,500 lbs. with an impressive 22 cubic foot hauling capacity. An extra-thick bed, walls and gunnels stand up to rock, firewood, pea gravel, gear, and game like no other. Built rugged, durable Tubular Frame Technology. Sheet metal frames don't compare.

High Impact Polyethylene Body
All Steel Frame with Powder Coat Finish
Shielded Ball Bearings - No Greasing Needed
Pass-Through Trailer Axle for Extra Clearance
The Original Tilt & Pivot Frame
Rugged Wide-Track Tires
Quick Release Tipper Latch

http://clamoutdoors.com/store/polar-trailer/accessories/side-rack-1500-series.html I have this also

Increase load size from 22 cubic feet to 35 cubic feet by adding side rails to your Polar 1500 Trailer.

Have the same....great trailer.

http://clamoutdoors.com/store/polar-trailer/hd-1500-ta.html
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Perhaps you missed the fact that Tzone made a funny? wink

No, I got that it was tongue in cheek. I still don't want a new Polaris.
I use the Grizzly to retrieve the boat from the back of the yard....

[Linked Image]

Ha, that is a neat pic. Was that a spring snow storm?
No. It was a snow storm late last Fall during PA's rifle deer season, which begins the first Monday following Thanksgiving.

Besides fishing, I use the boat to taxi to and from my deer stand. Here is a pic from a few years ago:

[Linked Image]
awesome!
Mooses

[Linked Image]
Cool...is that a factory mfgd trailer?

[Linked Image]

1999 Honda FTX still getting er done.
[Linked Image]

Pic don't show the trailer good but here is one of its uses. Torsion axles with ATV tires rule on an ATV trailer. I have put over 700 lb load in this trailer and hauled it over very rough terrain.

Here is a nicer buck. This is the fun use of the trailer. Most of the time it just involves work.

[Linked Image]
not my suzuki...i think it was a 400 or 500, not any bigger than that

it pulled this deer and me and the guide through alot of sask snow no problem

im guessing that the front rack is not rated for that weight

[Linked Image]
I pulled this little trailer and most of moose camp to moose camp and back.

[Linked Image]
Another moose.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire