Home
Anyone know if there is a rear quad box that has space for, or a recessed area for a Kolpin gun boot? I can't figure out why they don't make one where the scabbard can just drop in, adjusting the angle with shims or various holes for the retainer pins.

I would love to know if anyone has seen something like this.

SS
I had the same issue with my Grizzly. The solution I came up with was making a sub floor under the box with 3/4" plywood that extends enough on one side to bolt on the gun boot bracket. I cut the plywood to the shape of the rack except for where the bracket is. Not looks very clean.

[Linked Image]
Hi BCSteve,

I've done the same thing with plywood and an Action Packer box from Canadian Tire screwed onto it. The subfloor base was scribed to be the same shape as the quad rack and painted to match the quad as well. It looks good and works fine, I was just looking for a more elegant solution that had a rear seat rest as my son will be coming with me this year.

SS
'Elegant'? It a frigging quad, not a Cadillac.....
If you saw my quad you'd know that elegant is irony at its best. 2001 Foreman with 7500km. Hardly elegant. Main thing was trying to find a quad box/seat that accommodated a scabbard.

SS
Originally Posted by SamSteele
Hi BCSteve,

I've done the same thing with plywood and an Action Packer box from Canadian Tire screwed onto it. The subfloor base was scribed to be the same shape as the quad rack and painted to match the quad as well. It looks good and works fine, I was just looking for a more elegant solution that had a rear seat rest as my son will be coming with me this year.

SS

I also did the Action Packer with the gun boot before my current set up.

[Linked Image]
Looks familiar! I used the bigger action packer, but I think I will switch to the smaller one this year for ease of getting on and off the quad.

SS
© 24hourcampfire