Home
Posted By: 22WRF Gator - 09/29/15
How do you like your John Deere Gator?
Posted By: Ole_270 Re: Gator - 09/30/15
Brother has had one for several years, used it on the dairy till he sold out last year. Not sure of the model, but it is one of the independent rear suspension models. If any machine can survive very long with that guy it's got to be good. No maintenance to speak of, never shedded, fenders flapping, wires hanging, and just generally beat up, it still starts and runs everyday. Don't get it!?
Posted By: travelingman1 Re: Gator - 09/30/15
We have one that is 13/14 years old where I hunt. Our go to machine any time reliability/ruggedness is called for. It has been used heavily but still ready to go. We call her Granny, cause she is so much older than the other 4 wheelers, golf cart, etc...
Posted By: mtrancher Re: Gator - 09/30/15
I love mine and use the heck out of it. It replaces a pickup on our eastern Montana ranch and I've had almost no issues.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Gator - 10/01/15

I don't own a Gator but see them a lot on job sites, from my observations they are underpowered and run out of power on hard pulling steep hills.
Posted By: PPosey Re: Gator - 10/05/15
I have a 2000 model 6x4 dump bed with a 72 inch plow on the front, diesel,,, the factory motor was blown when I got it and I replaced it with a slightly higher output yanmar, same everything as the factory motor just a little more umph, for $1,000 you can get a good low hours yanmar imported from Japan,, it plows snow like a champ here in the mnts with 3 sets of snow chains installed
© 24hourcampfire