[Linked Image]
Posted By: Frm Re: 10 Month Old Filly - 02/07/17
She's a beauty!
Posted By: ruraldoc Re: 10 Month Old Filly - 02/07/17

What breed is she?
Posted By: jwp475 Re: 10 Month Old Filly - 02/07/17

Quarter horse.
Posted By: ruraldoc Re: 10 Month Old Filly - 02/07/17

Around here there are not too many black quarter horses. She actually looks like a Tennesee Walker filly that I had. I've never put a saddle on one that young but it's actually a good idea. I just never thought of it.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: 10 Month Old Filly - 02/07/17
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

Around here there are not too many black quarter horses. She actually looks like a Tennesee Walker filly that I had. I've never put a saddle on one that young but it's actually a good idea. I just never thought of it.

Her sire is grey and she is get more white hairs daily, I believe she eventually turns grey. The is a light weight pony saddle, by doing this at a young age they are very easy to break when the time comes. According to my weight tape she is 670 pounds when the picture was taken.
Posted By: mtrancher Re: 10 Month Old Filly - 02/11/17
jwp - nice filly. As a pedigree wonk, I have to ask, what are her bloodlines? When I started colts I always saddled them as yearlings and I would take them with me on rides. Load 'em in the trailer with a gelding, lead them saddled as I rode through the hills. A great way to get them used to weight on their backs, and especially how that weight shifts when they have to travel in the hills.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: 10 Month Old Filly - 02/11/17

Here is the dam's pedigree

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/rebel+ovation

Sire

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/mr+silver+slew

Posted By: mtrancher Re: 10 Month Old Filly - 02/13/17
Oh my, speed to burn. She'll be smooth and fast.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: 10 Month Old Filly - 02/16/17

Thanks, I breed for performance and disposition.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: 10 Month Old Filly - 02/17/17

This morning 11 months

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire