Home
Posted By: 1234 honda rancher - 02/28/17
i have had two honda ranchers i believe the first one was a 2000 the one i have now is a 2013 the starters have gone out on both of them.is this a weakness of this model or brand?

Ed
Posted By: Farming Re: honda rancher - 02/28/17
I had a 2002 and now a 2012. No starter issues yet, knock on wood. I might not start mine as much though?
Posted By: JamesJr Re: honda rancher - 03/01/17
Bought one back in 2001. Without a doubt, one of the most trouble free things I've ever owned. Never had an issue with it.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: honda rancher - 03/01/17
Our son's 2006 is on it's third starter, my 2012, and his newer bike have no starter issues. All Honda Ranchers.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: honda rancher - 03/01/17
Mine is a 2008, bought used in 2010. I've put one battery in it. My brother has a couple and I have 4-5 friends with Ranchers. None have ever needed a starter.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: honda rancher - 03/08/17
Replacing the brushes on Honda starters is kind of a standard maintenance issue; has been that way since they started putting electric starters on them. FWIW, I've had to rebuild the starters on the Suzukis and Yamaha we've run too. Honda starters are generally easier to get at, a nice plus.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: honda rancher - 03/08/17
Have a 2001 Rancher and it just keeps running and running. No starter issues.
Posted By: waterrat Re: honda rancher - 03/08/17
Changing starters and brushes on Honda's is a regular occurence. The colder the country the more often it's needed to be done. It's just something that has to be done!!!!
Posted By: Whelen Nut Re: honda rancher - 03/08/17
Ed

I recently traded my 2002 Rancher for a 2016 Rancher. Never a problem of any kind with the '02. It still had the original battery in it, too. shocked

Paul
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: honda rancher - 03/09/17
Many or most little rural village stores stock common Honda maintenance items: Honda oil, oil filters, and starter brushes. grin (And you know when they don't because you'll see a lot of people pull-starting their Hondas. wink )
Posted By: laker Re: honda rancher - 03/09/17
Finally had to replace the battery on mine this year after 8 years. I've beat the hell out of it and it keeps coming back for more.
© 24hourcampfire