Home
Posted By: Below_par Cerakote colour for M70 - 03/22/21
Hi all,

I've got a M70 that I am going to have cerakoted. It's in the current production bell Carlson stock, blue with grey webbing.

Does anyone have any suggestions for colour? Thinking either sniper grey, burnt bronze or midnight blue.

Even better, does anyone have any photos of rifles wearing the same or similar coloured stock with cerakoted metalwork?

Thanks
If you're looking for weatherproof but still want it to look traditional, I'd have H&M black nitride it. Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Cerakote colour for M70 - 03/22/21
Originally Posted by Below_par
Hi all,

I've got a M70 that I am going to have cerakoted. It's in the current production bell Carlson stock, blue with grey webbing.

Does anyone have any suggestions for colour? Thinking either sniper grey, burnt bronze or midnight blue.

Even better, does anyone have any photos of rifles wearing the same or similar coloured stock with cerakoted metalwork?

Thanks
I had one done in Midnight Blue about ten years ago for a poster here - it looked fabulous..
Posted By: Below_par Re: Cerakote colour for M70 - 03/22/21
Thanks
Posted By: Tom2506 Re: Cerakote colour for M70 - 03/22/21
I like the grey that kinda matches the matte stainless color Ruger used to have on it’s rifles. I think that would go well with the spider web on the stock.

Good luck and have fun! Tom
Posted By: Belvedere2 Re: Cerakote colour for M70 - 03/22/21
I went with E-120 Smoke on mine. In a McMillan HTG. See if I can dig up some pics.
Posted By: Below_par Re: Cerakote colour for M70 - 03/23/21
Originally Posted by Belvedere2
I went with E-120 Smoke on mine. In a McMillan HTG. See if I can dig up some pics.

Sounds good!
Posted By: Belvedere2 Re: Cerakote colour for M70 - 03/23/21
Here's the color.

Attached picture 001.jpg
Posted By: Belvedere2 Re: Cerakote colour for M70 - 03/23/21
Another one

Attached picture 002.jpg
Posted By: Below_par Re: Cerakote colour for M70 - 03/23/21
Thats a really nice, dark grey. I like it a lot,
Where is a good place to get this done? The cerekote or the black nitride.
Posted By: Belvedere2 Re: Cerakote colour for M70 - 03/24/21
Local gunsmith did mine when he built the rifle.
© 24hourcampfire