Home
Posted By: Trappererick DBM in 284 Winchester? - 09/01/21
Anyone running their 284 with a detachable box magazine set up? Thinking of trying it out and looking for advice on which mags work the best for the 284.

Thanks
I do, but it is a Winchester Mod 88 so -probably not what you are looking for.
Thanks, but I should add it is a Remington 700 action. I am hearing that the AICS 300 WSM magazines work well but might require some tweaking of the feed lips. I am going to give it a try after hunting season. It will give me something to do this winter.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: DBM in 284 Winchester? - 09/02/21
what stock?
Posted By: ctpa61 Re: DBM in 284 Winchester? - 09/04/21
I built one on a Savage short action. It allows me to get a COL of 2.96 and still function.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: DBM in 284 Winchester? - 09/04/21
AICS binderless mags,whether in 308 or WSM,will do same/same. Pinch WSM feed lips or open 308's and you are there(I've done it both ways). Nothing to it. Hint.

What are you wanting/hoping to do with the 284,upon said platform? Due case length and bullet diameter,it's a rather poor choice in a AICS binderless housing. Were you to add particulars,it'd be easy to point you on the right path,as I shoot a "few" chamberings on 700 S/A's with AICS DBM. Hint.(grin)

I can't think of an application,where the 284 Win connects any fhuqking dots,though it's always fraught with heavy concession(s) in said blueprint(s). Hint.

6-284 in AICS binderless here. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'.

Hint.................
© 24hourcampfire