Home
I had it glass bedded and pillar bedded, that's the only work it's had done.

26" bbl, with a set of talley's
pretty much a factory gun other than bedding?

Thinking of selling this one cause I want a new Weatherby...

Many thanks,

Jack

Attached picture 257 8.jpg
Attached picture 257 7.jpg
I sold mine for 1k 2 years ago 1k
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Thanks, that’s about the range I was thinking.

Jack
Originally Posted by jack1122

Jack

That was 2 years ago , I wouldn't sell one for less then 1500 if it were mine.
H-m-m-m-m, I have a Remmy 270 LSS, as new, 24" barrel......a grand. Really? I love the rifle, but? Not trying to steal the thread, just asking.
Originally Posted by SPK
H-m-m-m-m, I have a Remmy 270 LSS, as new, 24" barrel......a grand. Really? I love the rifle, but? Not trying to steal the thread, just asking.

Not sure if the 270 will bring the same money or sell as quick as a 257. They did not make many of them 257 wby that is , mine sold in a week . It would sell for more if I had waited 2 years.

Jack

That was 2 years ago , I wouldn't sell one for less then 1500 if it were mine.

The CDL SF are going for that ($1500) - I’d think the LSS would bring at least that.
Originally Posted by SPK

Not sure if the 270 will bring the same money or sell as quick as a 257. They did not make many of them 257 wby that is , mine sold in a week . It would sell for more if I had waited 2 years.

I haven’t seen a 257 for sale in quite a while, I know they didn’t make near as many 257’s as they made 270’s, and this one is just sitting doing nothing. Giving me an itch for something new, so I’m thinking about letting this one slide down the road.
$1250-$1500, do you have the box? I have one and it shoots dime sized groups with Weatherby factory 110 Nosler Accubonds despite having one of the worse triggers I ever pulled, it's getting a Jewel shortly. I would keep the LSS instead of getting a Wyoming Weatherby. Good luck.
After having it glass and pillar bedded (modified) I doubt it will bring the money a new in the box gun would. Just my.line of thought. ...mb
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
After having it glass and pillar bedded (modified) I doubt it will bring the money a new in the box gun would. Just my.line of thought. ...mb

Mine too. Is the pad factory ? It looks thick

Originally Posted by hikerbum

Its probably the Reactor pad Remington put on their stuff. Mine did not have it.
Originally Posted by Sako76
$1250-$1500, do you have the box? I have one and it shoots dime sized groups with Weatherby factory 110 Nosler Accubonds despite having one of the worse triggers I ever pulled, it's getting a Jewel shortly. I would keep the LSS instead of getting a Wyoming Weatherby. Good luck.

I would you put a Jewell in it when a trigger tech is a more rugged and just as good a break? You can adjust that LSS trigger pretty easily but it is no Trigger tech for sure.

Here are the first 2 shots at 100 from my Weatherby Mark V. Its a California gun .

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Remington rifles a going up. I have a CDL stainless in 257 Weatherby. It shoots dime size groups. I wouldn’t take less than a thousand for it.
Originally Posted by hanco
Remington rifles a going up. I have a CDL stainless in 257 Weatherby. It shoots dime size groups. I wouldn’t take less than a thousand for it.

They are worth more then that . The last CDL I bought in 7mm rem mag slightly off center chamber, that went down the road for 1099.

I think I have the box still. I’d have to look around to be sure. Mine shoots dime size with 100 TTSX over 7828. That’s the only thing I’ve shot in it.

What’s wrong with a Wyoming weatherby? I have a California one that shoots better than a dime.
Originally Posted by hikerbum

Yes it’s a factory pad

Great advise! IN Spades!!!

I think I have the box still. I’d have to look around to be sure. Mine shoots dime size with 100 TTSX over 7828. That’s the only thing I’ve shot in it.

What’s wrong with a Wyoming weatherby? I have a California one that shoots better than a dime.

Nothing wrong with Wyoming Weatherby's and it is certainly an upgrade from a 700 POS. My LSS never shot as well a my Mark V and a Vanguard stainless both in 257.
$1,000-1,500 seems to be the GB prices lately.

If anyone wants to sell their LSS stock, I'll buy it.
Because they ain't making the LSS anymore. I like Weatherby's.
Because they ain't making the LSS anymore. I like Weatherby's.

True, and I have other LSS’s in different calibers, all will shoot pretty well. But I want a lightweight Weatherby in a 257 so I think I’ll let this one go and find me one.

Thanks gents, appreciate the advise and the ability to have a sounding board before making a decision. I had this undervalued in my mind.

Jack
I'd say either side of $1000.
© 24hourcampfire