Home
Posted By: 1tnhunter 243 - 12/30/22
if you wanted to buy a rifle chambered in 243 what twist rate would you look for for assuming you'd be shooting bullets 85g- 105g.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: 243 - 12/30/22
1-8
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 243 - 12/30/22
"Only" (3) things matter: RPM,COAL and Throat Geometry. Hint.

You'll do better buying a Seex Kreed,because they have all of those things going for them,by literal default and none are twisted slower than 8". It's mechanically a vastly superior Mouse Trap to the 243Win,augmented by fhuqking wicked good Factory Fodder. Hint.

This is the BEST Factory offered 243Win of All Time,due those same mechanics. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Rickety has seen a picture of one(mine),the "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: 243 - 12/30/22
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 243 - 12/30/22
Stick is right, 6 CM is the answer. Rio7
Posted By: SKane Re: 243 - 12/30/22
Originally Posted by RIO7

+2
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: 243 - 12/30/22
You guys are going to talk me into one of those new fangled 6MM Creedmoors.

Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 243 - 12/31/22
I agree with them. 6 creedmoor.
Posted By: Coyote10 Re: 243 - 12/31/22
That 6 creed will run right with them all. Pretty dam good cartridge. 1:8 .243 win is pretty impressive. 6-250s are fun. I like a 6XC.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 243 - 12/31/22
I've shot them all. Hint.

Pass the Seex Kreed and hold The Fluff. Mainly because it has no mechanical/logistics equal. Hint...............
Posted By: Seafire Re: 243 - 12/31/22
myself, If I did another, it would be on a Model 70 Long Action, bullet seated out there, 1 in 7 twist...
Heavy Magnum Contour... 24 inch...

Have a 6mm Remington on the same Set up....115 grain Bergers, it'll reach out there...

I'm not enamored with the Needmoore like the rest of the planet.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: 243 - 12/31/22
As of right now, there aren't too many gun makers cranking out 6 Creeds in hunting rifles.
You CLUELESS Brokedick Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) hearts,for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Posted By: KenMi Re: 243 - 12/31/22
As of right now there are also not any chambered in 6 Queed that are also chambered in 243. Some don't know how to read a simple question.

To actually answer the question, a 1 in 10 will work with conventional 100 gn bullets, or faster if using a VLD type.

A 243 bullet doesn't have to be .500 BC to kill something......hint
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 243 - 12/31/22
KenMi, I'm a big fan of the fast twist .243 A.I. and still have 3 of them, but the 6CM makes the whole .243 thing a hell of a lot easier. from a reloading point. i'm not going to scrape my .243 A.I.s, there's a truck load of 6mm want to bee's out there but I haven't seen any that will out shoot the 6CM from the length of a corn cob to over 1000 Yrds using similar components.
over time I will switch to 6 CM's, they are just a better mouse trap. Rio7
Posted By: Rossimp Re: 243 - 12/31/22
Couldn’t agree more. The 243 Win has piled up more varmints and big game animals since 1955 than most any around.

In comparison at 400 yards with 100s vs 103s the 6mm Creed has the edge over the 243 Win by zero in drop, 2” less drift, less than 100 fps in velocity and about 70 ft-lbs more energy. Both are not the most reliable killers on big game much beyond 400 yards, but still doable. Nothing to lose any sleep over if hunting is your thing. If benching and paper punching is your thing with hunting than the 6mm Creedmoor covers both very well.

I wouldn’t advise turning down a nice shooting 243 Win twisted in 10 if varminting and hunting are your primary usage.
KenBitchagain,

Ain't it a hoot,that besides being a Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you also just "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Stability isn't factored by mass,but rather by length and the only things you "shoot" are your mouth and Imagination. Hint.

A 1-10" 243 is a pile of schit,compared to a 8" or better Seex Kreed. The 90 Skinner being your best pitch there. Hint.

A 8" RPM Seex Kreed will squirt a .620 BC 112gr at 3050fps from a 21" barrel. It will make 1000ft lbs of "energy" and arrive with 2000fps of impact velocity,to the 750yd line,in this morning's atmosphere. You AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqks,are talking out your Couchbound Kchunts,about wares you've never even seen,let alone shot. Hint.

I've not receive any,since yesterday's Mail. Hint.

Fortunately for you Fhuqktards,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you gals can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

The 1-10" 243 Win,can't keep pace with a 6 ARC. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
Posted By: beretzs Re: 243 - 12/31/22
Originally Posted by SKane

+2

Doesn’t hurt the decent selection of factory ammo out there either.
Seex Kreed Factory Fodder is REALLY suplizingly good and the 243 Win ain't even in the same book,let alone chapter or page. Hint..............
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: 243 - 12/31/22
Originally Posted by 1tnhunter
if you wanted to buy a rifle chambered in 243 what twist rate would you look for for assuming you'd be shooting bullets 85g- 105g.

A standard 1:10" twist .243 shooting 95gr or 100gr Nosler Partitions will kill any deer alive in TN or KY. (1) Find a .243 rifle that you like and that fits you. (2) Go kill stuff... Standard twist .243's have been filling freezers for 60+ years.

If you really, really want to shoot the long pointy bullets, find one of the 24HCF group buy MRC .243's that is twisted 1:8" and rock on...
Sllooowwwwwwww "Learners" and their copious well founded Insecurities,are funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

MRC's have been steaming piles of fhuqking schit,from inception. Hint.

You Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot! The transition from Blackpowder to Smokeless,likely still keeps you up at night Karen. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
Posted By: KenMi Re: 243 - 12/31/22
Especially considering this was posted on the standard hunting rifle forum asking about the 243 WINCHESTER. lol.

Interesting how the one touting long range shooting got kicked off the long range forums. Poor Larry one note. High BC and long OAL does nothing to increase virtue one iota.
KenBitchagain,

Keep filling out your very WELL Founded Hurt feelers Reports,as you substantiate your Professional Victim status and try to talk about wares you've never even fhuqking seen,let alone used...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You CLUELESS Drooltards are a fhuqking Hoot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
Posted By: JamesJr Re: 243 - 12/31/22
Originally Posted by KenMi
Especially considering this was posted on the standard hunting rifle forum asking about the 243 WINCHESTER. lol.

Interesting how the one touting long range shooting got kicked off the long range forums. Poor Larry one note. High BC and long OAL does nothing to increase virtue one iota.

This being the Campfire, if you ask a simple question on here, some "expert" who once got a BB gun for Christmas, and therefore feels qualified to answer anything gun related, is going to try and show their "expertise" by giving an answer that has absolutely nothing to do with the original question.
Junior,

To be too hard on poor poor(literally) KenBitchagain,as Imagination and Pretend is all that she "has" and she's simply doing her Brokedick BEST...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hell...I doubt I have more than (7) Seex Kreeds,though a fhuqk of a lot more 243 Win's and 243 AI's. You Fhuqktards "get" to read about it and gawk the Splendid Pixels,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting all and then some,as you Google Gals flounder in your Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

Posted By: ingwe Re: 243 - 12/31/22
Originally Posted by Orion2000

A standard 1:10" twist .243 shooting 95gr or 100gr Nosler Partitions will kill any deer alive in TN or KY. (1) Find a .243 rifle that you like and that fits you. (2) Go kill stuff... Standard twist .243's have been filling freezers for 60+ years.

I wondered how long it would take for someone to answer a simple question without recommending something that the OP never asked for.
Until someone who actually fhuqking shoots,could answer in the first hand,with simplistic Facts that stump Drooling Fhuqktards. Hint.

AKA Reply #2. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
Posted By: Riflehunter Re: 243 - 12/31/22
If you are going to shoot at moderate distances (say up to 350 yards) and medium weight projectiles (up to about 100 grain) then a .243 will be fine. However, don't go slower than a 9 twist and an 8 twist will be better. The reason being is medium weight bullets with a reasonable bc that shoot flat and fast over short to medium distances such as the 90 grain Sierra TGK which has a reasonable bc for a 90 grain bullet of .490 needs a 9 twist and the 100 grain TGK with a bc over .5 needs an 8 twist. Even the 90 grain all-copper Hornady bullet needs an 8 twist. The .243 will possibly feed marginally better than the 6 Creed. If you are shooting greater distances than about 350, then go with the 6mm Creed and the longer heavier bullets and a 7 twist.
Posted By: MadDog4298 Re: 243 - 01/01/23
Nobody loves a 243 more than I do but if I were buying a new gun and didn’t reload I would get one of the Creedmore chamberings. I know they are kinda gay but they are better at what they do and there is 6.5 Creedmore on the shelves more than 243.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 243 - 01/01/23
SniffleKchunt,

You are soooo CLUELESS and in over your pointy fhuqking head,that it's plum fhuqking AMAZING...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Try actually shooting,if only for the FIRST fhuqking time. Hint.

SadDog,

Mechanics ain't subjective and Drooling STUPID Fhuqks can always load good bullets backwards,to keep floundeing in their Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

Peeling .018" necks now,to reduce total diameter .008" for the .620 BC Warm Fuzzy. Hint.

Google on Ladies. Hint.

Fhuqkin LAUGHING!...............
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: 243 - 01/01/23
1-8"
Posted By: Riflehunter Re: 243 - 01/01/23
And don't be fooled by those (including any elves of the forest) who only "shoot" at targets at 800 yards, who say you need very long, heavy for caliber match projectiles. Most "hunting" is done under 300 yards.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: 243 - 01/01/23

You’ll have a hard time finding a regular factory rifle in .243 with a twist faster than 1-9”, or more commonly, 1-10”. Factory ammo is going to be built around bullets that will shoot in the standard 1-10”. If that meets your needs, have at it. I’ve had IIRC four .243s, all good shooters, and like it pretty well. The 6mm rifle I kept however, is a 7” twisted 6 CM. It can do anything the .243 does, and a bit more, and is a better designed case with some advantages if you plan on shooting it a lot, or ever plan on shooting at really long range.

Your dough, your rifle, your decision. You can always buy something else if your first choice doesn’t work out out as you expect. Goodness knows I sure have, a lot.
Posted By: PeeDeeRiver Re: 243 - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SniffleKchunt,

You are soooo CLUELESS and in over your pointy fhuqking head,that it's plum fhuqking AMAZING...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Try actually shooting,if only for the FIRST fhuqking time. Hint.

SadDog,

Mechanics ain't subjective and Drooling STUPID Fhuqks can always load good bullets backwards,to keep floundeing in their Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

Peeling .018" necks now,to reduce total diameter .008" for the .620 BC Warm Fuzzy. Hint.

Google on Ladies. Hint.

Fhuqkin LAUGHING!...............

Geeze, what did they do, neck down their own .308 brass? Have heard they are swamped with .mil contracts worldwide, and have cut a good many chamberings out, but at least they are selling us the "surplus". I only need the .223, a little tough there. Last I scored was from Grafs last month.

Edit: now that I looked a bit more, that ain't .308... oh well... you making. 280 or 6-06 outta that?
SniffleKchunt,

Your sheer and utter CLUELESSNESS never fhuqking disappoints,in it's MAGNIFICENT Hilarity,as you try your best...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon the new 7mm RemMag below,that arrived but hours ago. Keep "living" vicariously. Hint.

'River,

The Six Twat-Six is fed Lapooey '06 Virgins,for false shouldered positive headspace control. I've just never seen .018" neck walls on Lapooey ANYTHING. Hint.

Their Kreedmire brass is rather Skookum and though I shoot some SRP's,I muchly prefer LRP's,whether in .224",.243" or .264" bore sizes. Hint.................
Posted By: woodson Re: 243 - 01/01/23
OP I think you would do yourself a disservice with a 243. As said before, you can achieve passive gains by default with the better mouse trap. Superior projectiles aren’t getting shorter and the CM offers baked in cushion for OAL.

Even if you don’t shoot distances to see said gains? Why limit yourself from the jump?
What Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards can't even fhuqking begin to extrapolate,is that as BC increases,velocity loss diminishes. They'll need to read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

The 243Win 100gr NPT is a steaming pile of fhuqking schit,which loses 1000fps of impact velocity at the 425yd line. It only makes 1000ft lbs of "energy" to same,with a half second of flight time and over a foot of 10mph Full Value Wind. Hint.

As cited plainly prior,a Seex Kreed 112gr .620BC at 3050fps do thusly,in like atmosphere. It sheds 1000fps at 700yds+. It retains 1000 ft lbs of "energy" to 750yds. It has to hit the 525yd line,in order to to suffer 400yd 100gr NPT wind drift. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying ladies.

Hint.

What Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards can't even fhuqking begin to extrapolate,is that as BC increases,velocity loss diminishes. They'll need to read that again. Now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

The 243Win 100gr NPT is a steaming pile of fhuqking schit,which loses 1000fps of impact velocity at the 425yd line. It only makes 1000ft lbs of "energy" to same,with a half second of flight time and over a foot of 10mph Full Value Wind. Hint.

As cited plainly prior,a Seex Kreed 112gr .620BC at 3050fps do thusly,in like atmosphere. It sheds 1000fps at 700yds+. It retains 1000 ft lbs of "energy" to 750yds. It has to hit the 525yd line,in order to to suffer 400yd 100gr NPT wind drift. Hint.

Bless your hearts for trying ladies.

Hint.

You dumb schidt, a .243 does not sling a 100 grain partition at 3150 fps and no-one shoots them at 425 yds. Realistically they are shot at like 150 yds.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: 243 - 01/01/23
A 1" in 8" twist 243 will handle a 85gr and up to 108gr.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
SniffleKchunt,

Your Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude,relishes in taking STUPIDITY to places it's never been before...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon reality,as you set mired on your Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

Now you can say you've "seen" it,which makes this a VERY Big Day for you! Hint.

As an aside,I don't like changing funnels or adapters on my drop tubes,so more Area 419's arrived in yesterday's Mail. Google as you MUST. Hint.

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying,Whining and Trying.

Hint.

SniffleKchunt,

Your Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude,relishes in taking STUPIDITY to places it's never been before...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon reality,as you set mired on your Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

Now you can say you've "seen" it,which makes this a VERY Big Day for you! Hint.

As an aside,I don't like changing funnels or adapters on my drop tubes,so more Area 419's arrived in yesterday's Mail. Google as you MUST. Hint.

Hint.

Reloder 26 is too temperature sensitive and Reloder 23 which is less sensitive doesn't give the same velocities, and as you say yourself, you use 21" or even 19" barrels. And I notice you didn't use the 90 and 100 grain Sierra TGK's bc's in your "comparison".
SniffleKchunt,

You be SURE to Goggle as you must,to further quantify your Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqktitude...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply having and shooting it all,as you fill out Hurt Feelings Reports,while "living" vicariously. "SURPRISINGLY",you can't connect a single fhuqking dot,other than Drooling Brokedicktitude. Hint.

Dangle some pics of "your" wares and their "results",for even more oblivious HILARITY. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
SniffleKchunt,

You be SURE to Goggle as you must,to further quantify your Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqktitude...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply having and shooting it all,as you fill out Hurt Feelings Reports,while "living" vicariously. "SURPRISINGLY",you can't connect a single fhuqking dot,other than Drooling Brokedicktitude. Hint.

Dangle some pics of "your" wares and their "results",for even more oblivious HILARITY. Hint.

You don't really hunt with these rifles do you? Sure you're all the time playing with them and taking photos and waiting for the next scope or part to arrive in the post and maybe even shoot a metal plate a few hundred yards out occasionally. I suppose it's good that you have that as an interest. You just don't look as though you do much serious hunting.
SniffleKchunt,

You cite the number of rifles and number of outings in a year,that are "fair" to your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hell...I haven't had anything new,since today. Hint.

Hint.

Posted By: KenMi Re: 243 - 01/01/23
It was a hypothetical question, and not even neccessarily a consideration of the OP, more than just a topic starter.

However, it did specifically say a 243 CHAMBERING. Simple English. Not the troll under a bridge with a fifth of whiskey jibberish.

What if it is going to be a multi use rifle where light weight varmint bullets are appropriate and needed? 95 grain would work in a creed, but how practical for a day of dog town work? Freebore and twist rate would be a hinderance.

But when needed for deer or antelope, there are plenty of suitable bullets even a 10 twist can handle.

It's not all about the long range dream, high BC, craze. But some seem to think it is.
KenBitchagain,

You be SURE to cite any/all "problems" you've had in "your" Seex Kreeds,with any/all projectiles you DARE to try and muse...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Cite the "plenty" of 10" viable projectiles,which entrall you and wax eloquent upon your "experience" with same. Dare ya'. HINT.

Your stupidity isn't hypothetical,if ony to your chagrin,you Magnificently STUPID Lying Piece Of Clueless Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for Lying,Crying,Whining and Trying.

Hint.

What the elf of the forest doesn't "seem" to comprehend is that the medium weight hunting bullets that have a good bc for their weight start off much faster and shoot much flatter at the distances most "hunters" (not target "shooters") hunt at 99% of the time. Sure, the heavy for caliber match projectiles are shooting flatter at 600 yards, and retain more of their slower speed they start off with, but they don't shoot flatter or perform better or have as good terminal performance at the average distances most hunters hunt at. However, he really does know this, as evidenced by his refusal you give a comparison using high-bc-for-their-weight medium weight projectiles, instead using the Nosler Partition (which isn't a long-range projectile) as the comparison. Instead of being honest about it, he is just trying once again to make himself look bigger by putting schidt on anyone who doesn't pretend they do their hunting at 600-800 yards.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: 243 - 01/01/23
My 243 is a coyote rifle, I shoot 55 and 58 grain bullets to 3800fps or so simply for the flat trajectory and no worry holdover out to over 300 yards. For long range plinking I have a 260 Remington. For deer hunting a plethora of different rifles. When I get tired of the 260 which may be never I will rebarrel that rifle to 22 creed. When the 243's barrel goes away I might go 6mm Remington and a 1-9 twist. It will still be a coyote rifle anyway.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: 243 - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
What the elf of the forest doesn't "seem" to comprehend is that the medium weight hunting bullets that have a good bc for their weight start off much faster and shoot much flatter at the distances most "hunters" (not target "shooters") hunt at 99% of the time. Sure, the heavy for caliber match projectiles are shooting flatter at 600 yards, and retain more of their slower speed they start off with, but they don't shoot flatter or perform better or have as good terminal performance at the average distances most hunters hunt at. However, he really does know this, as evidenced by his refusal you give a comparison using high-bc-for-their-weight medium weight projectiles, instead using the Nosler Partition (which isn't a long-range projectile) as the comparison. Instead of being honest about it, he is just trying once again to make himself look bigger by putting schidt on anyone who doesn't pretend they do their hunting at 600-800 yards.
Why it's best not to feed stray dogs.
SniffleKchunt,

Do tell,which of "your" Seex Kreeds have mechanically "disappointed" you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Cite any/all projectiles you please,in the first hand,because it will be funnier than fhuqk if you TRY. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Rickety,

Your minf numbing STUPIDITY is a hoot...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Dangle some pics of your Imagined wares and wax eloquent on their "attributes",as per your crossed-eyes. DARE ya'. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

10gouges,

You tell her...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

SniffleKchunt,

Do tell,which of "your" Seex Kreeds have mechanically "disappointed" you...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Cite any/all projectiles you please,in the first hand,because it will be funnier than fhuqk if you TRY. Hint.

Rickety,

Your minf numbing STUPIDITY is a hoot...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Dangle some pics of your Imagined wares and wax eloquent on their "attributes",as per your crossed-eyes. DARE ya'. Hint.

10gouges,

You tell her...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I don't take a lot of pictures of rifles unless I am putting them up for sale. Nor do I soak them in creeks with fish. Neither do I throw them around to check zero. I do occasionally take a picture of a bigger than average coyote.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload image to web
Rickety,

Your Outdoor "Adventures" are epic,in their fhuqking HILARITY...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Rickety,

Your Outdoor "Adventures" are epic,in their fhuqking HILARITY...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I never said I was anywhere near the photographer you are, I seldom pose pictures and my cameras are generally picked for portability rather than excellence as the perfect camera. Back before the digital age began I was much more of a camera nut than I am now, still have a bunch of old lenses and camera bodies laying around from my old staff photog days. I say my picture of the coyote is a better one than your dead Husky. Hah!
Rickety,

You needn't begin to recount your amazingly long list of very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your best though.

Hint.

Rickety,

You needn't begin to recount your amazingly long list of very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your best though.

Hint.

Posted By: JamesJr Re: 243 - 01/01/23
Do what I did a long time ago and put twig on ignore. It works real good.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Do what I did a long time ago and put twig on ignore. It works real good.

I enjoy trolling him sometimes. He bites quicker than a pond perch.
Rickety,

One can never tell if you are bitching,or bragging,due your hilariously schitty pictures and fhuqking pathetic "results"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for trying though!

Hint.

Junior,

I REALLY "believe" that your Imaginary Pretend Ignore is "real"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Professional "Victims" are a fhuqking HOOT! Hint.

Rickety,

One can never tell if you are bitching,or bragging,due your hilariously schitty pictures and fhuqking pathetic "results"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Junior,

I REALLY "believe" that your Imaginary Pretend Ignore is "real"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Obviously you didn't take that picture and that had to be taken more than 20 years ago. Mine once again is of better quality though.

Rickety,

Hint.

Junior,

Nice that you fixed it. Computer finesse?
Rickety,

Your mind numbing Brokedicktitude and Amazing STUPIDITY,are fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Freshly arrived yesterday. 1-8" 7mm RemMag,.312" neck,MacaMillion,40X trigger,KungFu lug,bushed bolt bod,yada,yada,yada. Google as you MUST. 45 degrees out,blowing 50mph+ and a Monsoon to boot,as of seconds ago. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart.

Hint.

Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: 243 - 01/01/23
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: 243 - 01/01/23
Stick, what are you doing with the 7 mag? Attributes? Didn’t think you were a fan.
PaulaBurnedhard,

I'm VERY fhuqking "surprised",that you need to steal pictures,to Post on an Outdoors Forum...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Sako',

I've never even heard of a .796 BC,until you mentioned it. Hint.

Thanks for the nudge! Hint.

Rickety,

Your mind numbing Brokedicktitude and Amazing STUPIDITY,are fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Freshly arrived yesterday. 1-8" 7mm RemMag,.312" neck,MacaMillion,40X trigger,KungFu lug,bushed bolt bod,yada,yada,yada. Google as you MUST. 45 degrees out,blowing 50mph+ and a Monsoon to boot,as of seconds ago. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart.

Hint.

Nice rifle, Thought you had settled on the 280 Remington? Nothing wrong the the 7MM RM.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: 243 - 01/01/23
The 243 with 1-10" and 1-9" ROT barrels has been killing a variety of varmints and medium game animals since it was introduced in 1955. For the average hunter who shoots a box or 2 of factory ammo in a year it is an easy choice, since both rifles and factory loaded ammo are widely available and moderately priced.

No doubt the 6 CM is a better cartridge for all of the reasons previously stated, but the 243 can still fill the market niche that it was intended for out to a quarter mile or so.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
The 243 with 1-10" and 1-9" ROT barrels has been killing a variety of varmints and medium game animals since it was introduced in 1955. For the average hunter who shoots a box or 2 of factory ammo in a year it is an easy choice, since both rifles and factory loaded ammo are widely available and moderately priced.

No doubt the 6 CM is a better cartridge for all of the reasons previously stated, but the 243 can still fill the market niche that it was intended for out to a quarter mile or so.

The 243 "market niche" was a varmint cartridge that could also be used as a deer rifle. Fills that nicely.
Rickety,

It is funnier than fhuqk,that you are "living" vicariously,drooling over my wares...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

How come my pictures are so fhuqking awesome?!? Hint.

260gal,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Rickety,

It is funnier than fhuqk,that you are "living" vicariously,drooling over my wares...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

How come my pictures are so fhuqking awesome?!? Hint.

260gal,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You could do a bit of work on your light/dark contrast. That picture would have been improved without the babyschit green funny looking rifle in the middle of it.
Originally Posted by rickt300

The 243 "market niche" was a varmint cartridge that could also be used as a deer rifle. Fills that nicely.

When I was a kid, I wanted a 243 'cause the 2 women who taught me to still-hunt whitetails, Harriet and Thelma, used 243s, but my Father felt that the 6mm REM was a better cartridge, so he got a Remington 660 and a couple hundred rounds of 90 grain Bronze Point 244 REM factory ammo for me. There weren't many coyotes in ME/NH/VT in the late '60s and early to middle '70s, so the only thing that I used the 6mm for were deer. A couple years later I got a 660 in 222 for shooting 'chuck that was set up the same as an understudy for the 6mm.

When I was a kid, I wanted a 243 'cause the 2 women who taught me to still-hunt whitetails, Harriet and Thelma, used 243s, but my Father felt that the 6mm REM was a better cartridge, so he got a Remington 660 and a couple hundred rounds of 90 grain Bronze Point 244 REM factory ammo for me. There weren't many coyotes in ME/NH/VT in the late '60s and early to middle '70s, so the only thing that I used the 6mm for were deer. A couple years later I got a 660 in 222 for shooting 'chuck that was set up the same as an understudy for the 6mm.

I admit that in real use the 6mm/243 rifles ended up being more deer rifles than varmint rifles for most. Too blasty for colony varmints and that shortened barrel life. My first 6mm was a 243 Remington Mohawk. 18 1/2 inch barrel shot well and I did use it to kill a few deer. I was hunting east Texas at the time and a 50 yard standing shot was both far and unusual as most of the deer seen had just jumped up and taken off. Those public land Whitetails rarely offered a standing shot, I hit a few not so well with the 243 and had a heck of a time finding them. I went back to using my Marlin 30-30. Wish though now that I had kept that rifle. My next 6MM was a heavy barreled 244 Remington with a 1-12 twist. That rifle in west Texas really put the hurt on many jackrabbits, coyotes and a few bobcats. When it started losing it's fine accuracy I sold it and bought a 788 in 6MM Remington. I took my first Mule deer with it in West Texas and took it with me to Wyoming. I ignored it and exclusively used my 270 and 30-06 other than a couple of antelope. Didn't have a lot of room to carry extra rifles working in the oilfield so I sold that one. Now I have plenty of room for rifles and my current 243 is a perfect coyote rifle. Don't care about hides just results. It sometimes gets pulled into deer hunting but not often.
Rickety,

You be sure to keep talking aloud,about what you'd do,if you COULD afford a rifle or a camera,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Posted By: wbyfan1 Re: 243 - 01/01/23
Skip the 243 and 6 Creed. Those are made for women and kids. Get cha a good ol' 25-06 and smoke em' both.
RatherbeaMam,

Feel free to cite your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It will be funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................
I shot a lot of coyotes and a few deer in the early to mid '90s with the 243 and 6mm because we bought around 500 rounds of red box Federal 80 grain factory ammo for $2 per box at a store closing. I've had quite a few 243s, still have a couple dozen of them, some shooters and some collectors, but very seldom use any of them anymore. I've had a couple of 6 CMs, but never shot them enough to form an attachment to them and although I seldom sell rifles, I did sell the 6 CMs.

I recently bought a Kimber Hunter to rebarrel to 22 CM, as I think that a set of 3 Kimber Hunters in 22 CM, 6.5 CM, and 308 will do all that I need them to do. Another set of matched rifle to go along with other sets. Truly a rifle looney perspective I guess.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: 243 - 01/01/23
wbyfan1, What are you smoking. Rio7

260RemGuy, I assume that the 90 grain Bronze Points worked very well on deer back then?
Rickety,

You be sure to keep talking aloud,about what you'd do,if you COULD afford a rifle or a camera,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

There is nothing significant in that picture, other than that funny looking pea green stock and the homemade brass bolt knob, makes what could have been a nice rifle look like crap.
I shot a lot of coyotes and a few deer in the early to mid '90s with the 243 and 6mm because we bought around 500 rounds of red box Federal 80 grain factory ammo for $2 per box at a store closing. I've had quite a few 243s, still have a couple dozen of them, some shooters and some collectors, but very seldom use any of them anymore. I've had a couple of 6 CMs, but never shot them enough to form an attachment to them and although I seldom sell rifles, I did sell the 6 CMs.

I recently bought a Kimber Hunter to rebarrel to 22 CM, as I think that a set of 3 Kimber Hunters in 22 CM, 6.5 CM, and 308 will do all that I need them to do. Another set of matched rifle to go along with other sets. Truly a rifle looney perspective I guess.

The 22 CM appeals to me because there are a lot of bullets available to play with in a fast twist barrel. Still a long range plinker with coyote possibilities.
Rickety,

Keep "living" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my having (5) 224 Speemires,as you DREAM about your first. Hint.

Posted By: moosemike Re: 243 - 01/01/23
I hunt in the Woods. BC and twist rate are irrelevant. Make mine a 243 Winchester

260RemGuy, I assume that the 90 grain Bronze Points worked very well on deer back then?

Remington and Peters cataloged 90 grain Bronze Points and Pointed Soft Points for the 244 REM and my Father thought that they were a better choice for shooting deer than the 100 grain Soft Point Core-Lokt factory load. The Bronze Points act the same way that BTs and SSTs do, the point initiates the expansion of the bullet. I pulled some of the points on 130 grain 270 ammo to see what the big hollow point would do and they seemed to expand even most quickly, almost like a varmint bullet.

Remington and Peters cataloged 90 grain Bronze Points and Pointed Soft Points for the 244 REM and my Father thought that they were a better choice for shooting deer than the 100 grain Soft Point Core-Lokt factory load. The Bronze Points act the same way that BTs and SSTs do, the point initiates the expansion of the bullet. I pulled some of the points on 130 grain 270 ammo to see what the big hollow point would do and they seemed to expand even most quickly, almost like a varmint bullet.
Thanks.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: 243 - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Sad to say, if you look down in the specs, that rifle has a plain ol’ 1-10” twist.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...lt-action-rifle-243-winchester/p/1434429
Posted By: KenMi Re: 243 - 01/02/23
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Sad to say, if you look down in the specs, that rifle has a plain ol’ 1-10” twist.

Cause their website sucks.
The real specs are from Tikka:
https://choose.tikka.fi/usa/tikka/t3x-superlite?caliber=243%20WIN

I in 8 it is.
Posted By: Osky Re: 243 - 01/02/23

I in 8 it is.

I have two of these new here in the gun room, a .223 and .243. Both are 1:8.
The .243 is going to get set up for thermal/night work for coyotes. The .223 another tight truck gun, a bit shorter barrel would have been nice but it is what it is.
To the OP, don’t worry too much about twist, buy a gun and enjoy yourself.
Osky
Posted By: rickt300 Re: 243 - 01/02/23
Rickety,

Keep "living" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my having (5) 224 Speemires,as you DREAM about your first. Hint.

Meh just for the cheaper bullets and it will take a while to shoot what I have already collected.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 243 - 01/02/23
Rickety,

At least you "have" Imagination and Pretend...you "lucky" Kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Posted By: TrueGrit Re: 243 - 01/02/23
RatherbeaMam,

Feel free to cite your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Best long range target bullet made. At least the guy just down the road thinks so. How many championships have been won shooting the 6mm queermore?
https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2018/07/243-winchester-the-forgotten-long-range-cartridge/
Posted By: wbyfan1 Re: 243 - 01/02/23
RatherbeaMam,

Fish on!!!!Laughing!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: wbyfan1 Re: 243 - 01/02/23
wbyfan1, What are you smoking. Rio7

Just attempting to get Larry a little riled up as I know how much he adores the .25's.:) Appears it worked!
Ladies,

I reckon it's not very "fair" to you Whining Kchunts,that I simply shoot it all and then some. Hint.

Boogers are too zooky for my tastes. Hint.

Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: 243 - 01/02/23
100 grain Hornady BTSP are killers from 10' to about 400. Standard twist rates.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]ill always love you quotes
They come with a parachute attached,due their .405 BC. Hint.

The .224" 75 ELD has a .467 BC,for conversation. Hint.

Bullets matter wayyyyyyyy more than headstamps ladies. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some. Hint...............
Advantage under 100 yards?
I like the 75 ELD on Critters,well beyond 600yds,in a "lowly" 223AI at 3150fps launch from a 21" spout. Hint.

Pardon actually shooting,throwing you Google Gals for such a magnificent fhuqking loop. Hint.

Kudos on you,for heeding your HILARIOUS inabilities. Hint.

Posted By: Riflehunter Re: 243 - 01/02/23
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
The main advantage of the 75 ELD_M under 100 yards as opposed to the 100 BTSP is that the 75 ELD_X is far, far superior for pretending that you hunt game regularly at beyond 600 yards even though you don't.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: 243 - 01/02/23
The main advantage of the 75 ELD_M under 100 yards as opposed to the 100 BTSP is that the 75 ELD_X is far, far superior for pretending that you hunt game regularly at beyond 600 yards even though you don't.

Exactly!
Probably grab Speer next time. I need all of the advantage I can get.
You "hard charging" Crying Karens should join "forces" and align as THE Twatly Trifecta. Bolted together,you gals don't make enough empties in a year,to fill a TicTac dispenser. Hint.

Pardon actually shooting,throwing you Google Gals for such a magnificent fhuqking loop. Hint.

Kudos on you ladies,for heeding your HILARIOUS inabilities. Hint.

Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even Crying CLUELESS Kchunts can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Posted By: moosemike Re: 243 - 01/02/23
I hunt in the Woods. BC is absolutely irrelevant. Pass the 243 Winchester
DooshMike,

Do not discount the magnitude of your irrelevance...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

BC factors many things,none of which you could even begin to "understand". Hint.

.284" 225yd .365 BC entrance/exit,from cup/core. Hint.

.284" .625 BC entrance and exit,from inside 10yds,from cup/core. Hint.

Bless your heart for TRYING Though.

Hint.

Posted By: Orion2000 Re: 243 - 01/02/23
Originally Posted by moosemike
I hunt in the Woods. BC is absolutely irrelevant. Pass the 243 Winchester

When I lived in NE PA 30 years ago, the .243 was considered a "big" deer rifle. At least half our Fire Company were packing .22 center fires. When one of the extended family members came in with a 7RM, you would have thought he was hunting elephants... And everyone had meat in the freezer at the end of the season...
17 Rem here. Hint.

Hint.

Posted By: TrueGrit Re: 243 - 01/02/23
17 Rem here. Hint.

Hint.

I don't care who you are that's a great picture.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: 243 - 01/02/23
Geez,I better sell this before I fire the first shot smile [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
DumbSchit,

You are sucking the wrong ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

.530 BC cup/core. Hint.

Hint.

HurtFeeler,

Bitchin' base,rings and glass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a HOOT! Hint.

Posted By: colodog Re: 243 - 01/02/23
A 1-8 twist will stabilize 105gr bullets in a 243 barrel and these days most 243s are 1-9 or 1-10.
Most 6 Creedmoors are 1-8 or faster which would make it easier if you want to buy a rifle off the shelf.

I enjoy my 6 Creedmoor but It doesn't do anything my 243 with a 95gr Ballistic tip can do at the ranges I hunt these days.

Even Stick doesn't need a super high BC bullet to head shoot deer with a 6BR at close range.
I'm not sure what that video has to do with the discussion but it is Stick after all.....
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: 243 - 01/02/23
17 Rem here. Hint.

Hint.

Caught dat one by surprise lol
culldog,

You second guessing yourself,is VERY well founded...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Your "experience",is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint.

DooshMike,

Do not discount the magnitude of your irrelevance...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

BC factors many things,none of which you could even begin to "understand". Hint.

.284" 225yd .365 BC entrance/exit,from cup/core. Hint.

.284" .625 BC entrance and exit,from inside 10yds,from cup/core. Hint.

Hint.

Shut and pass the [bleep] 243. Creedmoor anything is for phags
DooshMike,

Your proclivities are your "secret"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(liteally) heart,for coming out of that closet.

Hint.

DooshMike,

Your proclivities are your "secret"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(liteally) heart,for coming out of that closet.

Hint.

Are you a phag? Because Creedmoor guys are commonly phags
DooshMike,

I'm simply one of the guys you OBSESS over and think about CONSTANTLY,as your Homoerotic closet swings madly...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you DREAM aloud,in your Highpitched Drooling Brokedicktitude. Hint.

Bless yourpoor poor(literally) heart,for "thinking" you had a "chance".

Hint.

fFuqking LAUGHING!............
Posted By: Riflehunter Re: 243 - 01/02/23
Little Stick doesn't consider himself a phag because when he cross-dresses, he considers himself to be a woman.
DooshMike,

I'm simply one of the guys you OBSESS over and think about CONSTANTLY,as your Homoerotic closet swings madly...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,as you DREAM aloud,in your Highpitched Drooling Brokedicktitude. Hint.

Bless yourpoor poor(literally) heart,for "thinking" you had a "chance".

Hint.

fFuqking LAUGHING!............

You sound like a phag tho
Long range of 25 yards.

High BC 95 grain Partition from a 6mm Remmy.

Oh my!...you Brokedick Crying Kchunts are a "rugged" lot...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The trouble with Kreedmires,is that they are "tender". Not that you Minimum Wage Melting Snowflakes,could BEGIN to "afford" same. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) hearts,for Whining,Crying and Trying.

Bitchin' 3-point! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
Long range of 25 yards.

It's good you had high BC for that shot. That was important
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: 243 - 01/02/23

I in 8 it is.

By golly, so it is.

Shoulda known better than to trust a store site for info…..
Originally Posted by moosemike
Long range of 25 yards.

It's good you had high BC for that shot. That was important
On a "4" point!!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: 243 - 01/03/23
If I ever buy another 6, excepting some nice old Sako or some such, it’ll likely be an ARC. Why waste all that powder burning out your barrel?
Posted By: Kaleb Re: 243 - 01/03/23
If those tikkas are 1-8 that’s a home run.

Except I can’t think of any reason not to suppress a rifle. Star fish it is I guess? I’m sure the non flutted barrels will be 1-8 too
Posted By: Kaleb Re: 243 - 01/03/23
The compact 243 has my attention. It shows 1-8” too.
Posted By: KenMi Re: 243 - 01/03/23
Looks like all the current models are 1 in 8"
© 24hourcampfire