Home
Posted By: Tarquin Sako's new website.... - 04/04/23
Sako has a new website, and the Model 85 is gone....

https://www.sako.global/rifle/sako-100-explorer
Posted By: Puddle Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/04/23
I'm not able to reach a bunch of non-conus hosted websites today...including Sako's.

Will try later.
They have really changed their offerings since Beretta bought them, Not for the better either.
Posted By: ShortMag11 Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/04/23
I was told last week by the LGS owner that they will be releasing 2 new models this year. He believes one will be a model 95 and the other a model 100. Guess we will see.
Posted By: grumpy7904 Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/04/23
Looks like the down hill slide has started
Posted By: Puddle Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/04/23
They mentioned the 9.3x62mm in the 100 Explorer, but I couldn't get an overall weight in wood for it.

They show the H&H at 8.5 lbs, which would be just about right for the 9.3, perhaps a touch lighter.
Read somewhere (can't recall) that they were chosen as the supplier of choice for Sweden and Finland's new military service rifle and sniper rifles. Guess that will be taking up lots of manufacturing capability.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/05/23
A carbon fluted 9.5lb 243.

Easy pass.
Also looks like no lefty Sakos... Bummer
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/05/23
Originally Posted by grumpy7904

I wouldn't bank on it.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/05/23
Originally Posted by grumpy7904

That already started with the 75…
Posted By: Tarquin Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/05/23
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
They have really changed their offerings since Beretta bought them, Not for the better either.

I don't think it has anything to do with Beretta. A reliable source told me that Sako picked up a contract to supply assault weapons for Finland and Sweden (in response to Russia's Ukraine aggression allegedly) and so that's where they're putting their manufacturing efforts. Shame the 85s went away, 'specially the baby Sako. frown
Originally Posted by ghostrider272
Read somewhere (can't recall) that they were chosen as the supplier of choice for Sweden and Finland's new military service rifle and sniper rifles. Guess that will be taking up lots of manufacturing capability.

Yes. ^^^
I would take a sako s20 precision over just about anything out there (a especially a high gloss antique). Function over glamor.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I would take a sako s20 precision over just about anything out there (a especially a high gloss antique). Function over glamor.

Price on those is very good also.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/05/23

I have one, my son does as well. They are superb.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/05/23
They all look like turds. No thanks, The Sako 75 was very good to me..
Posted By: roninflag Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/05/23
me too!
Posted By: 257Bob Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/05/23
The Sako and Tikka's appear to be the same in some models.
Originally Posted by Fotis

There is not one on the current lineup I would spend any money on .
Originally Posted by Tarquin

I don't think it has anything to do with Beretta. A reliable source told me that Sako picked up a contract to supply assault weapons for Finland and Sweden (in response to Russia's Ukraine aggression allegedly) and so that's where they're putting their manufacturing efforts. Shame the 85s went away, 'specially the baby Sako. frown

Beretta calls the shots. Benelli,Beretta,Tikka,Franchi and Sako all designed not to cannibalize each other. They have been making military weapons for many years.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/05/23
Ditto, especially with that stupid thumbhole. At least give us the option of a regular stock.
Ditto, especially with that stupid thumbhole. At least give us the option of a regular stock.

Fotis, I tried to like that thumbhole stock, my not so local dealer is offering a regular S20 with both style stocks for 1200. I tried to like it as I said.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/05/23

There is not one on the current lineup I would spend any money on .

Same here.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/07/23
Glad I have my 85’s.

Wonder if Fierce will fall in line with Sako’s changes?
Posted By: zeissman Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/07/23
Originally Posted by 257Bob
The Sako and Tikka's appear to be the same in some models.

Same barrels, almost identical triggers. Tikka has one action length with varying bolt stops for different length cartridges. Whereas Sako has five different actions lengths.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Sako's new website.... - 04/08/23
Can’t deny my approval of Remington 700’s &/or their clones.
© 24hourcampfire