Home
Posted By: kwg020 Model 700 triggers - 07/14/23
I bought a couple of Timney triggers to replace the triggers on my model 700's. Do the old triggers have any value other than scrap metal ??

kwg
Posted By: Hamrick Re: Model 700 triggers - 07/14/23
You can get a few bucks for them.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Model 700 triggers - 07/14/23
Originally Posted by Hamrick
You can get a few bucks for them.
Thanks for the reply. I'll hold them for a while just in case there is any issue with the Timney's but at some point they will go away.

kwg
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Model 700 triggers - 07/14/23
If it's a Walker trigger, GA Precision had a deal going where you sent in your Walker and they replaced it with a TT primary.

Idk if that deal is still going, might shoot them an email. This was a month or two ago.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Model 700 triggers - 07/14/23
If its a Walker trigger, yes. They'll sell right here on the classifieds for the right price. If its the XMark or XMark Pro trigger, just go ahead and throw it in the trash.
I'm not sure how to tell the difference between a Walker and an Xmark. Both came off of ADL's. ONe was supposed to be sent back on the recall and one was supposedly after the recall. They both look alike. I never sent the rifle back on the recall because I was concerned about the pending bankruptcy. I never had any trouble with either one.

Give me some pointers on what to look at so I can ID the difference.

kwg
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Model 700 triggers - 07/14/23
Walker is a wider serrated trigger.

XMark are smooth, may have adjustment screw visible on top of trigger.
I took a picture. But, it appears based on 10 Ga's description I have 2 XMark triggers.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire