Home
I am going to have my .257 weatherby (Rem 700) rebarreled to 7mm PRC. The rifle will mostly be used at the range, but hunted on occasion. It has a 26" Bartlein on it with a a McM Game Scout stock.

I will not be putting a suppressor on it.

I got real used to that 26" barrel and would consider another one. What do you think? Is the 7PRC designed for a 24" ?
It's pretty much 7mmRM case capacity, so whatever applies to the 7mmRM for barrel length should also apply. There's a good podcast episode on Youtube with the Hornady guys talking about the idea for the round, its uses, and some shorter barrel velocities.

Thanks JPro
Makes perfect sense for someone that has a use for such a beast.

Get the barrel you want.
I went 22" on mine as it will be (eventually) suppressed, still waiting since March!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Decided to go with a threaded Bartlein #3 at 26". Figuring I can have it fluted or cut back later. Going to give my son the Bartlein that's on it for his Rem CDL .257 Weatherby that has a factory barrel. Win win
You can always make 'em shorter. Adding a couple inches is more difficult. Good call.
I'd imagine 7mm PRC brass is a whole lot easier to find brass for compared with the .257 Weatherby.
Originally Posted by Jason280
I'd imagine 7mm PRC brass is a whole lot easier to find brass for compared with the .257 Weatherby.

Nice thing is 264 or 7 Rem makes nice 257 Wby brass.
I have a goodly supply of .257 Weatherby. I kinda lost interest in the round after I quit my hunting club and it makes a lousy range toy. Since my son has one, I can always grab his. Plus, he is getting the Bartlein barrel that is coming off.
© 24hourcampfire