Home
Posted By: Futura Is this a Remington Classic? - 12/22/23
https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...emington-700-7mm-08.cfm?gun_id=102542511
Posted By: JPro Re: Is this a Remington Classic? - 12/22/23
Sure looks that way. Classic model stock, at least.
Posted By: Mull Re: Is this a Remington Classic? - 12/22/23
Yep, Classic Stock For Sure..
Posted By: GeoW Re: Is this a Remington Classic? - 12/22/23
Got the correct 24" barrel and stock. Looks to be the Real McCoy.
Posted By: hanco Re: Is this a Remington Classic? - 12/22/23
Yes I believe it is, got a few but no 7mm-08. I really like them.
Looks like a Classic stock and rifle configuration. The list I found says the 7-08 was made in 2001...
Agreed, its a model 700 classic 👍....Hb
Sure looks like a Classic. Description says after market butt pad, but it's the right color for an original Classic pad.
Originally Posted by Sheister
Looks like a Classic stock and rifle configuration. The list I found says the 7-08 was made in 2001...

The assembly date code for 2001 is V, so that OP could ask the seller when the 2 assembly date code alpha characters are to confirm the month and year that it was assembled.
I agree with everyone else that the stock appears to be a Classic, the only thing that looks a bit off and it could just be the camera/pictures is the recoil pad looks a little different?? As I recall the Classics typically had a thinner looking pad and it was a more red color? Except on the magnum classics which did have a thicker pad, this one should have the thinner red colored pad if period correct. Otherwise looks like a nice clean rifle.
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
I agree with everyone else that the stock appears to be a Classic, the only thing that looks a bit off and it could just be the camera/pictures is the recoil pad looks a little different?? As I recall the Classics typically had a thinner looking pad and it was a more red color? Except on the magnum classics which did have a thicker pad, this one should have the thinner red colored pad if period correct. Otherwise looks like a nice clean rifle.
700 Classic butt pads are brown, not red.
Description in ad says it has an aftermarket pad.
It does look thicker than an original non-magnum pad.
What's going on with that muzzle? It looks like it got dropped hard, point down, in the gravel.
Posted By: tzone Re: Is this a Remington Classic? - 12/22/23
The stock is for sure.
Yes
Classic
Well it sold already. Looks like the muzzle got poorly cropped out of the photo.
Originally Posted by MikeL2
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
700 Classic butt pads are brown, not red.
Description in ad says it has an aftermarket pad.
It does look thicker than an original non-magnum pad.

Well, I've seen a few that look a little reddish - not like the full on red ones you see on McMillans but sometimes they look a bit red to me but sure they probably technically are brown. But that one on the rifle shown was not factory which someone else already noted. Regardless, probably my favorite wood stocked rifle from Remington.
Had it on hold for 2wks then passed.Chitty pad fit among a few other things.Was going to use it as a shooter.I have one NIB. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Bolts on wrong side!
Posted By: vixen Re: Is this a Remington Classic? - 12/24/23
I guess that I have never seem a Classic with a what appears to be a J-Lock.
Originally Posted by vixen
I guess that I have never seem a Classic with a what appears to be a J-Lock.
The Classics made in the j lock years got the j locks. My 300 Sav Classic had the j lock, but it got better.
My 25-06 classic has the thin red pad. The 35 whelen has a thicker dark pad
© 24hourcampfire